Player Discussion Max Pacioretty Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Goal and assist on the winner tonight, I hope he keeps producing like he is now when Galchenyuk comes back

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
On pace for 34 goals and 68 pts.

I remember a guy here wanted to trade him for Frans Nielsen :laugh:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Wait. I thought he only scored unimportant goals.

God I love when the haters have to eat their crow. :handclap:

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Strong defensive play by him in OT where he checked the guy directly to make sure he knocked the puck off. He didn't just do a fly by pokecheck to try and get the breakaway himself. Then of course good pass off to Danault but I liked the defensive instinct first.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Strong defensive play by him in OT where he checked the guy directly to make sure he knocked the puck off. He didn't just do a fly by pokecheck to try and get the breakaway himself. Then of course good pass off to Danault but I liked the defensive instinct first.

I couldnt even believe that was max doing all that lol

tremendous shift in OT to help us win it

good thing too because his game in tampa was one to forget, rapidly

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I couldnt even believe that was max doing all that lol

tremendous shift in OT to help us win it

good thing too because his game in tampa was one to forget, rapidly

his play on the 2nd Florida goal as well.

uiCk

Jan 20, 2009
MTL
Patches with another GWG

If your numbers are correct, is 20% good enough for the top scorer on your team? I actually think Patch has a lot of game winning goals as I have him as one of my protected forwards in my keeper pool for many seasons now and he's always near the top with GWG. Here's the problem with using stats incorrectly.... GWG could be when the Habs are up 3-1, Patch scores the 4th, and the Habs win the game 4-3. A lot of people hate GWG in a pool format for this very reason.

I agree with the original post I replied to.... Patch is not known for scoring big goals in the 3rd period to tie the game or win the game when it's tied. These kinds of real stats are harder to find or are they?
Can't argue with Fantasy Pool wiz kids though

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

I'm not sure if everyone saw it, but he drew a delayed hooking penalty on that play. The ref's arm was up the whole time Danault was breaking away. If Reimer makes the save, we go on a 4-on-3 PP because of Patches' excellent 2-way play.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Dare I say that Pacioretty has turned it around recently. He hasn't been blowing by defenders with the puck like this since pre-surgery.

He may not be everything we want him to be, but he's basically vintage Pacioretty right now. I was already concerned that we would never see that again.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
This happens EVERY year with max lol, 4 years in a row now, we all freak out and panic, but at the same time all say "yeah but he gets hot, all he needs is a goal and he goes on a hot streak, and then cold streak, and then hot streak and then before you know it he was 35 goals"

thats max.

we need him, no matter what

its gallagher thats become somewhat expendable..

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Dare I say that Pacioretty has turned it around recently. He hasn't been blowing by defenders with the puck like this since pre-surgery.

He may not be everything we want him to be, but he's basically vintage Pacioretty right now. I was already concerned that we would never see that again.

I was honestly never concerned with Pacioretty. I defended him like crazy around the main trade boards - when people were offering stupidities for him. I always said he's a streaky type of player. He'll no doubt get 30+ goals this season. He's among the best LWers in the league with one of the best contracts.

Galchenioretty

Galchenyuk 1 G in last 18 playoff Gs
Oct 18, 2009
Canada
LoL! He is coming around lately a bit though. Still needs a good center since he isn't good enough to be a superstar by himself

He's maybe not a superstar but I think if there's one thing he's proven through his career, it's that he doesn't need to be carried by a high end C to produce. He was even able to produce next to the ghost of Scott Gomez and his best years came next to Desharnais.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I was honestly never concerned with Pacioretty. I defended him like crazy around the main trade boards - when people were offering stupidities for him. I always said he's a streaky type of player. He'll no doubt get 30+ goals this season. He's among the best LWers in the league with one of the best contracts.

With his release alone, 30 is achievable, but without anything else, he's basically a sniper and nothing else. That's kind of worst case scenario with pacioretty, but he can be better.

When he displays the speed to take the puck and blow by defenders, he becomes even better. A 40 goal threat that the defense has to pay special attention to. That's the pacioretty I've seen recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad