Player Discussion Max Pacioretty -- Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Pacioretty is a terrible leader.

He keeps saying how bad he’s playing, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

Subban is 4x the player and leader Pacioretty could ever be. Once again the Habs bet on the wrong horse (In this case they bet on a donkey)
I agree. He cannot be what the team needs. He’s a complimentary player. Like Cammy was. Management has done a terrible job constructing this team!
I have my doubts that he’ll do well on another team though. I get the feeling that he’s winding down.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site

Subban is 4x the player and leader Pacioretty could ever be. Once again the Habs bet on the wrong horse (In this case they bet on a donkey)
It’s funny how he’s the only one coming out saying how bad he’s playing. I guess management still can’t see it.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
No doubt in my mind he is gone at the deadline. Should've been traded a few years ago tho.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

Exactly.. and that's what infuriates me the most. He keeps saying he is bad but I don't see that "extra" effort. Put him next to any of our forwards, he still looks like our laziest player. No intensity, no emotion, no commitment... Gionta wasn't the best captain.. but even we he sucked, you can see he's working hard on the ice... Pacioretty sucked in the last 10-15 games.. he said that he sucks.. yet after every games we have a feeling that he could have given more, that he didn't give his 100%.

How can he call himself the leader of this team.. Never seen a captain this lazy and ineffective.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Galchenyuk has now outscored Pacioretty in goals and assists and points while spending time on the fourth line half of the season and playing 4 minutes fewer per game than Pacioretty. These 4 mins per game over 33 games account for 9 NHL games that Pacioretty has played if he averages 19 mins per game. This means Pacioretty has played 9 more games than Galchenyuk however Galchenyuk still outscore Pacioretty in goals assists and points.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
No doubt in my mind he is gone at the deadline. Should've been traded a few years ago tho.

We have a primer on what his exit will look like whenever it is he'll disappear from Montreal:

21rvkv.jpg

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
You have to trade Max at this point. You just have to. There is no way you can sign this guy for the 8-9 million that he will want. Right now, his value is likely its highest it will be from now until his contract ends because of his low cap hit and 1 year term remaining. Even though he has sucked in terms of production this season, his value is still very high because of his reputation and his consecutive 30 goal seasons.

This has tonnes of potential to be a huge payoff for us.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
You have to trade Max at this point. You just have to. There is no way you can sign this guy for the 8-9 million that he will want. Right now, his value is likely its highest it will be from now until his contract ends because of his low cap hit and 1 year term remaining. Even though he has sucked in terms of production this season, his value is still very high because of his reputation and his consecutive 30 goal seasons.

This has tonnes of potential to be a huge payoff for us.
No one in their right mind is giving him 8-9 million. He’d be lucky to get 6 and a 1 yr deal to see if there’s still a pulse! His production has been going down for 2 yrs now and with his embarrassing performance for team USA, his value will be low. It’s a combination of him obviously not wanting to be here and of his skills diminishing. He should’ve been dealt before the season started because now GM’s have seen what he’s become. The best we could hope for is a Kessel type of deal when he was traded but I fear it’ll be less. Mark my words, whoever takes this waste of ice time will regret it. I just hope it’s not the Habs!

sbhatt

Nov 10, 2015
He needs a stint in the pressbox...he contributes absolutely nothing. It is sickening how this organization coddles his lazy ass.

Reactions: Schwang

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
"Who do we give the captaincy to, the guy who excels in the play-offs, does a lot for the community, shows up every night and is our best player or do we give it to the ghost, who sucks in the play-offs and makes Jacques Martin looks like he has Elvis level Charisma?"

How could we go so wrong?

Oh, yeah, that guy with purple tights is the GM.

Reactions: E82 and L4br3cqu3

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
"Who do we give the captaincy to, the guy who excels in the play-offs, does a lot for the community, shows up every night and is our best player or do we give it to the ghost, who sucks in the play-offs and makes Jacques Martin looks like he has Elvis level Charisma?"

Here’s what I think is going to happen. When Weber gets back, pacioretty will “step down” as captain and Weber will take over. Then pacioretty gets traded. I think there may have been a conversation about this or there will be one in which they tell him they want to trade him but they can’t trade a captain ( this way they save some face). It’s also possible he’s asked for a trade. He clearly doesn’t want to be in Montreal. You can see it in his face. If all parties concerned haven’t seen this, then I truly give up on this team.
My only concern is that they move him to get a puck moving defenceman, which they need but it won’t solve their issues. I think they need to restock with prospects and they should try for a centre (it’ll have to be someone not in the nhl). I have a bad feeling they’ll go after Letang ( or Mr Glass) though. Not basing it on anything, I could just see them doing something dumb like that.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque

I remember arguing with some of my co-podcast-workers, that I didn't believe Pacioretty to have been voted by the players themselves, that he was a 'political' Captain, a Yes-man, someone who will exemplify the kind of 'character' MB wanted for his team. They just told me that he was one of the best goal-scorers around for the last seasons. And it was about 2 years ago. And while the number of people thinking that way dwindled over time, some still only have that answer.

Goddamnit, WTF does goal-scoring have to do with leadership ?!?

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
I remember arguing with some of my co-podcast-workers, that I didn't believe Pacioretty to have been voted by the players themselves, that he was a 'political' Captain, a Yes-man, someone who will exemplify the kind of 'character' MB wanted for his team. They just told me that he was one of the best goal-scorers around for the last seasons. And it was about 2 years ago. And while the number of people thinking that way dwindled over time, some still only have that answer.

Goddamnit, WTF does goal-scoring have to do with leadership ?!?
The funny thing is I said he's a horrible captain the minute it was announced.

Literally everything I've been saying for the past 4 years is coming full circle, but I had people argue with me because "Habs".

Reactions: Schwang

Ihatekessel

Feb 24, 2014
Thunder Bay
I still do not believe he was voted to captaincy by the players ..... show me the votes. Would you run through a wall for this guy? How about “with”this guy? This guy gonna motivate guys? He can’t even motivate himself to give 100%.....how can anyone expect him to lead this team?
Sickening how this organization ****ed this all up! Time for a Purge

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
The funny thing is I said he's a horrible captain the minute it was announced.

Literally everything I've been saying for the past 4 years is coming full circle, but I had people argue with me because "Habs".
I was right there with you. Pacioretty’s lack of drive and limited talent has been on full display since late last season. If someone else does all the work while he stands there, he’ll score. Beyond that, he’s gone way downhill. If he was doing other things out there and actually being a leader, I wouldn’t rip on him so much, but he does nothing!
I laugh when he tries to beat guys one on one. He always loses the puck and just looks pathetic. The guy is an embarrassment at this point. I can’t believe he’s gone downhill so quickly.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
He needs a stint in the pressbox...he contributes absolutely nothing. It is sickening how this organization coddles his lazy ass.

I don't think he should be scratched. Simply reducing his ice time seems like a no brainer to everyone expect for Julien. Again yesterday, he led all forwards in ice time. It's the definition of insanity.

Just taking away his PK minutes would be a start. He's become one of the worst penalty killers in the NHL yet he kills EVERY penalty regardless of how bad he is. I'd take Gallaguer on the PK before him... at least Gally tries hard and blocks shots. Carr was killing penalties in Laval. Why not try him? He'll try at least.

Patches ice time would be reduced by a couple of minutes a game and maybe he'd perform a bit better.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The boys were busy in the Panther GDT, coming up with new nicknames for Pacioretty. I've left out only the ones that inferred ethnic stereotypes:

Max Scratchmealready.

Max Photosynthesisready

We are running thin on nicknames though.

Max Justputmetosleepalready ?

Max Mybedtimeisready with another lazy play.

Max Empty-nets-a-plenty

Game is boring, but that thread is gold, keep those Max Whateveready names coming in ! :laugh:
Max IsItSummerAlready

Max Aintcaptainready

Max I'vebeenfloatingplenty

Max NeverBeenSweaty

Reactions: L4br3cqu3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad