Not open for further replies.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
tumblr_n9g42mnTOp1rdpc3ro3_250.gif

Reactions: MaxPacwhereishe

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I wouldn't be surprised if this guy was a cancer in the room. The room as been divided for 4 years now, we hear of rifts and cliques. Pacioretty cant back up is talk and doesn't lead by exemple.
funny the problem in the room started since he became captain, the year without a captain, we did not hear a word about room problems

Last edited:

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
But he’s NOT a good hockey player. Not intelligent, no heart, poor passer, poor stick handling. He could score and that’s it. One dimensional player. He might score again if traded but I seriously think he will be a guy who slowly fades away.
I think they feel they have no choice (it’s a dance with who brung you mentality) plus if they scratch his lazy ass his trade value goes down more. Honestly I think Hudon creates more, plays harder and has more overall talent. Pacnotready has a better shot but if it ain’t going in.....
Pacioretty's shot sucks now, he's lost it, and it's been gone a long time.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Team's not only doing everything they can to tank Galchenyuk's value. By not trading Pacioretty right now they are letting the same happen with him too. The guy's value is dropping by the day.

Last edited:

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Team's not only doing everything they can to tank Galchenyuk's value. By not trading Pacioretty right now they are letting the same happen with him too. The guy's worth is dropping by the day.

I imagine it will depend greatly how other GMs evaluate the team. It's not impossible that some will find value where we don't and recognize under-production and poor deployments.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
His last goal was a meaningless 6th goal with 4 minutes left on a 6-2 game.. on the PP.. a goal that he got credited for because Jonathan Ericsson shoot an almost immobile puck on the post into his own net.

His last "real" goal.. was scored 3 on 3 in OT.. against the almighty Sabres on the November 11th.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I imagine it will depend greatly how other GMs evaluate the team. It's not impossible that some will find value where we don't and recognize under-production and poor deployments.
Hopefully some teams see Pacioretty as a player who could potentially produce in a complimentary role behind their top forwards rather than as one of the go-to guys, like here.

Last edited:

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Hopefully some teams see Pacioretty as a guy who could potentially produce in a complimentary role behind their top forwards rather than as one of the go-to guys, like here.

To a contender, Pacioretty still has plenty of value in that role, much like Kessel did by landing in the right seat in PITT. He played and produced in the playoffs there as a 3rd line player early on. Pacioretty, against weaker opposition, would also provide timely secondary scoring.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
To a contender, Pacioretty still has plenty of value in that role, much like Kessel did by landing in the right seat in PITT. He played and produced in the playoffs there as a 3rd line player early on. Pacioretty, against weaker opposition, would also provide timely secondary scoring.
Kessel always produced in the playoffs though. Even in Toronto.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
It's factually 1 in his last 18 games.

He started the season 1G in his first 8 GP. Then went on a tear and scored 6G (11P) in the next 10 GP. Now it's 1G, 8P in his last 18 GP.
Nice! That's the consistency you want from your captain! Way to go, Patches!
:sarcasm:

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Nice! That's the consistency you want from your captain! Way to go, Patches!
:sarcasm:
Oh but everyone was happy with our “captain “ when he was scoring (except me) apparently I was an “idiot” and didn’t “know hockey” when I called this clown out for what he was 2 years ago! I said he was useless and invisible when not scoring and now everyone sees it!
A captain cannot be invisible. Ever. If scoring is your thing and you’re in a slump, then you do other things. Hit, mix it up, make plays, etc. This teams’ issues stem from a total lack of leadership. I don’t even think Weber does much in that regard. You can still be competitive with limited talent.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if this guy was a cancer in the room. The room as been divided for 4 years now, we hear of rifts and cliques. Pacioretty cant back up is talk and doesn't lead by exemple.
Totally agree. Would you listen to THIS guy if you were out there working your ass off while he coasts? All he does now is make faces and put his head down when his shots get stopped. He’s so out of the game, he doesn’t even get hit anymore! How does this guy still have a job!!!???

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head

No, Kessel is almost better in every facet of the game beside goal scoring and he's a playoff performer.

They are nothing alike.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Pacioretty's shot sucks now, he's lost it, and it's been gone a long time.

He’s never had a great stationary shot. He could connect on a one timer set up from a nice pass, but for the most part he’s a one trick pony. He needs to be able to separate himself from his opponent and snap it while skating with speed. And this year he hasn’t been able to breakaway from anyone. His moves on and off the puck getting into the neutral and offensive zone have been awful. And he’s only losing more confidence.

Reactions: Cobra Commander
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad