Player Discussion Max Pacioretty -- Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Patio-ready, Casperetty, Peripheretty, Wax Statueretty ... he's been disappearing a lot this season.

And he's been shooting from far out. Here's how AC broke it down.

DQ5NzpiXkAAm-ZR.jpg

They looked at his last 13 games where he scored one goal on 39 shots.

He took 33 shots in all.

The average distance from the net, where he takes his shots, is a whopping 33 feet.

Notably, only 5 of his shots were 5 feet or less from the net.

And 15 shots were recorded 40 or more feet away from the net.

Discuss.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
He's not happy, he doesn't like the pressure of being a captain I guess. This is resumed in one word : peripherical play, like the entire team.

Paccio have no center, as for Drouin and Galchenyuk. A big center like Tavares for example makes his plays close to the net and goals happens by logic. Not having good centerline makes wingers shoot far, just simple logic. Paccio is not the kind of winger able to deke and make physical presence. He's big but not physical. But he have a heck of a shot.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
He's not happy, he doesn't like the pressure of being a captain I guess. This is resumed in one word : peripherical play, like the entire team.

Paccio have no center, as for Drouin and Galchenyuk. A big center like Tavares for example makes his plays close to the net and goals happens by logic. Not having good centerline makes wingers shoot far, just simple logic. Paccio is not the kind of winger able to deke and make physical presence. He's big but not physical. But he have a heck of a shot.
Gallagher, Byron and Carr disagree with ya...

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Max Pacioretty knows he isn't in the future plans of the Montreal Canadiens . He will soon be a former Hab and no one will be happier than Max Pacioretty when he's traded. Getting away from all the undeserved crap the media throw and dump on him is what's best for Max Pacioretty and his family .

Last edited:
Reactions: Beer and Chips

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Gallagher, Byron and Carr disagree with ya...
Yeah but it's not enough. I like them a lot but they are not Malkin material. In PO they come second compare to the top league players. You can't ask Paccio to be what he isn't. A dog is a dog and a cat is a cat. This Habs management should have to be intelligent and provide the kind of center Paccio needs. They should have hire a center like Shenn and keep Radu whatever Radu wanted. But Bergevin scr*wed up completely, he's not intelligent.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Yeah but it's not enough. I like them a lot but they are not Malkin material. In PO they come second compare to the top league players. You can't ask Paccio to be what he isn't. A dog is a dog and a cat is a cat. This Habs management should have to be intelligent and provide the kind of center Paccio needs. They should have hire a center like Shenn and keep Radu whatever Radu wanted. But Bergevin scr*wed up completely, he's not intelligent.
they do fine without great C depth, Pacioretty should take example on them, all less talented than him.

NO EXCUSES.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Max Pacioretty knows he isn't in the future plans of the Montreal Canadiens . He will soon be a former Hab and no one will be happier than Max Pacioretty when he's traded. Getting away from all the undeserved crap the media throw and dump on him is what's best for Max Pacioretty and his family .
Sad but true. Paccio is far from being solid between the ears to be a captain like Carbo was, like Damphousse, Koiovu and I will include like Gionta was. Not that he is that bad or have bad attidude. I beleive he can be a better player than what he shows but it's not going well at this moment and I don't see how he can change the situation. Unless he accept the humiliation of having his C removed for Weber. But that humiliation is even worse so I beleive being traded is best for him and his family.

Last edited:

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

Pacioretty never really needed a superstar center to score goals. DD, Plekanec, Galchenyuk and Danault all centered him in his 30g+ seasons. He just needs linemates that does all the job and feed him the puck.

I also think that our (terrible) transition game by the defenseman doesn't help Pacioretty. You rarely see him receive the puck when he's on movement and challenge the defense and get a good shoot on net now.

Losing Radulov and Markov had a lot of impact on Pacioretty's game IMO.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Pacioretty never really needed a superstar center to score goals. DD, Plekanec, Galchenyuk and Danault all centered him in his 30g+ seasons. He just needs linemates that does all the job and feed him the puck.

I also think that our (terrible) transition game by the defenseman doesn't help Pacioretty. You rarely see him receive the puck when he's on movement and challenge the defense and get a good shoot on net now.

I agree. It's not only losing Markov but almost half of defence. Emelin was a regular D as well and even Beaulieu. Alzner looks so miserable and we finally see Schlemko who isn't superstar.
Paccioretty had seasons of 30 G with DD, Danault and others but just imagine him with Tavares. 40 goals minimum. Tavares did miracles with wingers like Parenteau, Okposo and cie, imagine with a fantastic shooter like Paccio.

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
respectfully disagree on the "undeserved" part. If he would play like he cared..even just a little, things would happen on the ice and he would not get the "undeserved" criticism. He is simply getting rid of the puck, look at that stat board, guy is shooting from 30+ feet away, not gonna beat to many goalies in this league doing that. He needs to drive the net more or at the very least get closer. I understand that it isn't easy playing with the centers we have...but then one would have to point out he has had success in the past playing with less than ideal center men. So what's the difference this year? I think he has mentally checked out (personal opinion of course) not sure how else to explain his play. Just look at Gallagher's effort night in night out...'nough said.

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015

Agree on the transition game but if you watch him closely even when he does get the puck in transition, he doesn't use his speed anymore to get around the D and cut to the net like he used to. It looks easy for the D to just box him out all the time. Problem is i know he can do it, saw him do just that a few games ago...was refreshing to see, maybe try him out on RW, that's where he was able to burn the D and get a quality shot on net....i don't know...:boredom:

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
respectfully disagree on the "undeserved" part. If he would play like he cared..even just a little, things would happen on the ice and he would not get the "undeserved" criticism. He is simply getting rid of the puck, look at that stat board, guy is shooting from 30+ feet away, not gonna beat to many goalies in this league doing that. He needs to drive the net more or at the very least get closer. I understand that it isn't easy playing with the centers we have...but then one would have to point out he has had success in the past playing with less than ideal center men. So what's the difference this year? I think he has mentally checked out (personal opinion of course) not sure how else to explain his play. Just look at Gallagher's effort night in night out...'nough said.
Max Pacioretty is the same as Phil Kessel disrespected by the media and by some fans that just want to find someone to blame . Pacioretty will be better off and respected on another team just like Kessel is better off and respected in Pittsburgh

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

Max is not struggling nope, he is playing his game but the difference is that he no longer has guys doing the work for him like you said and he is being exposed. Remember his sort of slight about Gallaghers style of play and how he himself likes to sneak into scoring positions? He can only be successful doing that with a guy like a Radulov who was really good at winning puck battles down low and also at getting behind the D causing most of their focus to be on him. Max would cruise through the slot and boom puck on his stick.

He also misses Markov who like Subban were really good at the stretch pass from our zone allowing Max to play high in the zone or right at the blue line and spring him loose for those odd man rushes where he would have both the defender and goalie guessing, he scored a ton of goals like that but never crucial ones when we were down and the oppositions checking was tighter. Also can't forget his empty netters and those are hard to come by on a losing team. There may be others that see his game in a more sophisticated way than I do but that is just my lay mans take on the type of player he is. Great skater with a world class shot but only in a complimentary manner. Cheers.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Run John Tavares Run as far away as you can from anyone you see working for the Montreal Canadiens . If any fan believes any elite free agent that has choices is going to sign with this team after seeing what goes on here with the media forget it. Players talk to each other its not just the tax issue that keeps players from wanting to play in Montreal .

Last edited:

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
One fact is, Habs aren't improving. We lost Radu, Markov and Emelin without replacing by equal or better. Most other teams improve overall. NHL speed is faster, the systems of play are really improved. 10 years ago there was just a few teams with 3 impact players. Today there is about 10 teams with 5 or 8 impact players. When Habs stays the same, other teams improve and the pace of the game have changed. Habs couldn't compete with west coast teams anymore, not a single chance. Central teams are too strong now for the Canadiens. And some Eastern teams are improving like Devils, Maple Leafs and Columbus.

Paccioretty is stuck into a team that still doesn't have a real center. Everybody knows how to check him, he can't really improve, he is 30 yrs old. At this point he would have a better chance scoring some goals on the 4th line with Froese and Deslaurier. Carr would do nice pairing with Danault. I think I'm getting ridiculous with this line-up changes but who knows? If Galchy has been on the 4th line why not Paccio? Galchy is playing better since maybe because he doesn't want to sendt into the 4th line.

Reactions: Pickles

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Match Pastaready

Mass Murderready

Exlax Posturelaxativeradish

in french : Met qu'un patio su'l radis, quelqu'un qui ordonne à un gars de la construction d'installer qu'une seule porte-patio sur le plan de radis

Last edited:

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
The problem hasn't been Pacioretty the last few years, it has been management's fault for failing to surround him with offensive players. When Pacioretty struggles, the team struggles as we lack talent and players to step up and score goals.

Pacioretty is a streaky 30 goal, 60 point forward making $4.5 million, he's a very good player but he's repeatedly shown he's not a go-to type of player who can put the team on his back if they need a goal.

Reactions: BLONG7

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
Run John Tavares Run as far away as you can from anyone you see working for the Montreal Canadiens . If any fan believes any elite free agent that has choices is going to sign with this team after seeing what goes on here with the media forget it. Players talk to each other its not just the tax issue that keeps players from wanting to play in Montreal .
The dysfunction of this organization is of epic proportions. I know if I was a free agent I wouldn't sign with Montreal. Between the taxes, the toxic media and rabid fan base there are many reasons why UFA's don't want to sign with Montreal. This team is trending downwards thanks to Bargain bin. A free agent that wants a chance at a cup won't sign with the Habs. You are 100% correct.

Reactions: BLONG7

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Patio-ready, Casperetty, Peripheretty, Wax Statueretty ... he's been disappearing a lot this season.

And he's been shooting from far out. Here's how AC broke it down.

DQ5NzpiXkAAm-ZR.jpg

They looked at his last 13 games where he scored one goal on 39 shots.

He took 33 shots in all.

The average distance from the net, where he takes his shots, is a whopping 33 feet.

Notably, only 5 of his shots were 5 feet or less from the net.

And 15 shots were recorded 40 or more feet away from the net.

Discuss.

I called Pacioretty a perimeter player yesterday and was told by one member on this board that nothing about the data we have on Pacioretty indicates that he is a perimeter player. Seems like a perimeter player to me with data like the above.

Reactions: Doc McKenna
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad