Player Discussion Max Pacioretty -- Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Well, wouldn't it have been a good idea for MB to have talked to Max about dealing him before draft day? Wouldn't that make sense? The fact that Max switched agents that day tells me that this wasn't communicated beforehand.
I'm sure Pacioretty wasn't shocked to find out he had been traded to the Kings.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Bergevin the clown...........no wonder he thinks trades are hard...what a corner he and Max are both in...
It is the board that has become clows that put all on MB, i dislike him, but we have stopped being objective, as a result the quality of discussions have dropped to a all new low

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
MB said that he won't trade Max (or some derivation of that sentence) therefore means Max is all but traded.

Idiot gonna idiot.

Reactions: PhysicX

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
All very curious. Habs and LA arrive at a deal if Max will extend, but he says no to the LA offer. Then fires agent. Why . Did Brisson try to push the deal on Patches, or did Brisson talk Patches out of the deal and then Patches had regret.

Is like a soap opera.

Or brisson wanted him to sign the extenssion with LA, and max did not want thinking he can get more

Jul 6, 2016
I would not touch any forwards on this coming UFA market. Neal is intresting but won't come over here.

I would focus to sign DeHaan, the only reliable, good skating LD capable of playing big minutes on a first pairing with Weber.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
MB said that he won't trade Max (or some derivation of that sentence) therefore means Max is all but traded.

Idiot gonna idiot.
And sakic said he wont trade his c then said he will then waited and waited , then got an amazing haul. so lets wait before judging

Reactions: dralaf

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I would not touch any forwards on this coming UFA market. Neal is intresting but won't come over here.

I would focus to sign DeHaan, the only reliable, good skating LD capable of playing big minutes on a first pairing with Weber.
I had interest in DeHaan...but with Carlson re-signing in Washignton...DeHaan is going to get way too much $$$ as the best UFA Dman available.

Reactions: monkza

CrAzYNiNe

Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
And sakic said he wont trade his c then said he will then waited and waited , then got an amazing haul. so lets wait before judging

The word wait has no meaning anymore in the MB era. waiting, waited, wait. It's all be done.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It looks like Pacioretty felt that Brisson was no longer a fit after his firm signed on to represent Kovalchuk and got the latter signed to the destination that Pacioretty was favoring. Plus, there may have been a perceived conflict of interest involving Bergevin's close ties with Brisson.

Basically, Brisson was f***ing the dog on both ends and Bergevin was a willing participant and both Brisson and Bergevin got caught with their pants down -- that's the impression that it evokes from the outside looking in.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
It looks like Pacioretty felt that Brisson was no longer a fit after his firm signed on to represent Kovalchuk and got the latter signed to the destination that Pacioretty was favoring. Plus, there may have been a perceived conflict of interest involving Bergevin's close ties with Brisson.

Basically, Brisson was ****ing the dog on both ends and Bergevin was a willing participant and they both Brisson and Bergevin got caught with their pants down -- that's the impression that it evokes from the outside looking in.

That just explains again that Bergevin is probably the biggest idiot of a GM in the league rn.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It is the board that has become clows that put all on MB, i dislike him, but we have stopped being objective, as a result the quality of discussions have dropped to a all new low
I don't think it's unfair to blame him on this. I think it's telling that Max fires his agent after this offer. To me that's indicative that MB hadn't spoken to him seriously about this stuff beforehand.

Either way, why is he waiting until draft day to do this? To me this is something that should've been done going into the draft.

CrAzYNiNe

Jun 5, 2003
Montreal

Basically, Brisson was ****ing the dog on both ends and Bergevin was a willing participant and they both Brisson and Bergevin got caught with their pants down -- that's the impression that it evokes from the outside looking in.

I remember something from last year about Max and the LA region. Does his family live their, or something like that? I remember him being shit on after the Anaheim game early in the season, and his answer was like "more important things then hockey", which is true, but you don't want your captain saying that during the hockey season!

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
While I can agree to a certain extent, it's hard to say considering we don't know the terms Pacioretty was offered by the Kings. And, at the end of the day, MB still deserves some of the critics, as he's the one who put himself in this situation by failling to trade Pacioretty at the deadline last year. No matter what offers he got, the fact remain that he couldn't get it done...which is what he's being paid for.

He did get it done. It was done. He made the trade. It was the player himself (Max) who scotched the deal. On this one at least, Bergevin didn't screw it up. He did what he needed to do.

Now if we later find out that the deal was for Dustin Brown then you can resume crapping on Bergevin.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I don't know how Bergevin is the clown in this one when it's Max who refused the extension to be traded.

I can understand MB is a clown for most in general. But specifically in this case, he had everything in place. It's Max who caused the deal to fall through.

I still think Max is being dealt even if he changed agents.

Blame Marc has become the new “Blame Canada”.......some posters defer to this logic to sound funny and hit up some likes.....it’s pathetic...

latest

Reactions: dralaf

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Max is probably asking for 35-40 goalscorer level money, expecting teams to forget he's coming off a season where he scored only 17 and plays a game that's softer than baby s*!t.
Imagine the audacity of Pacioretty wanting teams to focus less on his last 64 games and look at this previous 562 games where he produced between 30 and 39 goals.

Crazy talk

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
He did get it done. It was done. He made the trade. It was the player himself (Max) who scotched the deal. On this one at least, Bergevin didn't screw it up. He did what he needed to do.

Now if we later find out that the deal was for Dustin Brown then you can resume crapping on Bergevin.

He couldn't get it done at last year's deadline, that's what I meant. He put himself in a situation where an extension had to be part of the deal to get the value he wanted. Had the Pacioretty trade happen at the last deadline, extension might not have been such an issue, since theoretically, such extension couldn't have been negotiated at the time.

Now I understand that offers may not have been good enough for Bergevin to pull the trigger. But getting those deals are part of his job. He's being paid a lot of money to make those deals happen. If all he has to offer is standing at the podium and say: "Trading is hard"...well give me Molson's phone number, I can do that for a lot less money than what Bergevin is making.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I don't think it's unfair to blame him on this. I think it's telling that Max fires his agent after this offer. To me that's indicative that MB hadn't spoken to him seriously about this stuff beforehand.

Either way, why is he waiting until draft day to do this? To me this is something that should've been done going into the draft.

I don't see how its on MB. Brisson didn't get a good deal for Max in LA. Probably more along the lines that CAA was negotating hard for Ilya and not so much for Max. Ilya signed a nice 3 year deal, how much of that was supposed to go to Max? I think its much easier conspiracy theory to swallow that CAA was giving Ilya the attention Max thought he should be getting.

And what exactly is MB supposed to speak to Max about? If you trade a player you trade him, do GM's discuss in detail every trade with the players. Max and his agent knew something was happening in LA thats why they were negotiating for an extension. To me it seems more like Max priced himself out of LA and probably cost the habs the 20th pick in the draft. And then for whatever reason he did the same with SJ looking like costing the Habs Meire and Hertl.

Reactions: 417 and Laurentide

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Yeah, for once it isn't Bergervin (I hold the right to reverse this once we know what the trade actually was) that is the clown, but Patio's agent. Bergervin had a trade worked out. Maybe it was a good one! Haha... I almost wrote that without laughing. Couldn't take it. It burst out of my mouth and rumbled my belly. Ahhhh... it's good to laugh.

I disagree you don't trade one of your more valuable assets last minute and expect value , Pacioretty should have been traded last season or season before that even

More of the common theme Bergevin doing nothing and assets losing value while he sits there doing nothing

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I remember something from last year about Max and the LA region. Does his family live their, or something like that? I remember him being **** on after the Anaheim game early in the season, and his answer was like "more important things then hockey", which is true, but you don't want your captain saying that during the hockey season!

I am pretty sure someone on here said Max's family live in Cali. If true it would make sense why the two teams he was almost dealt to were SJ and LA.

I think Max wants 8x7 and teams are not biting. So he quashed any extension, which caused both cali teams to pull out.

Max can just run out his contract and go UFA next year and chose his team and get a big payday. He doesn't have to do the Habs or MB any favors by accepting a lesser contract to play out in Cali.

Reactions: 417
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad