Player Discussion Max Pacioretty -- Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
The insiders did not say the Habs want to resign Max. Only that their was a preliminary discussion. Nothing more. And as was pointed out above, it makes total sense for a GM to have such a discussion, if nothing else just out of respect for the captain.

Where they said there is interest to resign - or bring back - is in the case of Plek.

Yeah and those morons are probably going off the Plekanec comment that Bergevin said there was interest in Plekanec returning sometime around the trade deadline when he flipped him to Toronto...

All BS.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
The insiders did not say the Habs want to resign Max. Only that their was a preliminary discussion. Nothing more. And as was pointed out above, it makes total sense for a GM to have such a discussion, if nothing else just out of respect for the captain.

Where they said there is interest to resign - or bring back - is in the case of Plek.

If you have no intention of bringing him back, out of respect for your captain who might really want to stay here, you don't pretend as if you are interested and tell him just like it is.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Bergevin needs to make the playoffs this year because his job is riding on it. I think he extends Pacioretty and it's not a sign and trade.

Silver lining is Pacioretty expected to be traded at the deadline and wasn't, maybe he'll tell his agent to take another discount or whatever it takes to remain in Montreal since he loves it here.

If he is extended, all I ask is for a no NTC or NMC clauses, not even limited ones.

Locks

May 28, 2005
If you have no intention of bringing him back, out of respect for your captain who might really want to stay here, you don't pretend as if you are interested and tell him just like it is.
I don't doubt they had a rather direct discussions with Max and he knows where they stand. It is more to show that respect to the public.

And that might not even be the main reason of why they do that as was pointed out above.
Again, I'd be extremely surprised if Max is extended - I just don't believe it.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
worst case scenario: long term extension at 6.5M$+ with a NMC.

given the situation and the person leading the ship, i'm quite prepared for the worst.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

Didn't they tell PK he wasn't going anywhere? lol

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
worst case scenario: long term extension at 6.5M$+ with a NMC.

given the situation and the person leading the ship, i'm quite prepared for the worst.

Could be a lot worse than 6.5 pear year.

But I do think the ship has sailed on Pacioretty after last year. These preliminary extension talks don't scare me. Faking like you actually want to keep the guy could help a bit in trade discussions. He's gone within the next 3-4 weeks.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Could be a lot worse than 6.5 pear year.

But I do think the ship has sailed on Pacioretty after last year. These preliminary extension talks don't scare me. Faking like you actually want to keep the guy could help a bit in trade discussions. He's gone within the next 3-4 weeks.

Hope you are right.

i was implying that anything @6.5M or higher is the worst case scenario.... 6.5 is bad, every penny more is of course proportionately worse.

Just watch MB shock us all by paying him something absurd like 9M$ lol

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I won't complain if the term and money isn't too bad... 6M/4 years would be decent. I'm thinking he gets a lot more than that, though.

Reactions: groovejuice

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I won't complain if the term and money isn't too bad... 6M/4 years would be decent. I'm thinking he gets a lot more than that, though.

As he should though. I don't think pacioretty is a superstar but he's a consistent 30+ goal scorer without a real center...I mean, guy can easily command more and it sucks for us but he earned it on the market.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Not sure how it was wored though, 'cause when you read that article...they are saying that we are not that eager to move.....that we might want to reconstruct a little...HENCE it means not trading Pacioretty? Huh???? Shouldn't a reconstruction totally INCLUDE a Pacioretty being traded?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Pacioretty is a 5 time 30 goal scorer who has never had a legitimate top end Center. Maybe we find him a center?

He was not the only hab to have a horrible year.

I am ok if he is traded and I won’t be disappointed if he is re signed.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Pacioretty is a 5 time 30 goal scorer who has never had a legitimate top end Center. Maybe we find him a center?

But we all know Bergevin won’t get him a centre
He’ll draft the Finnish kid and tell us all I got a first line centre

Reactions: Tyson

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003

We are not going anywhere......We are not going to have a legitimate top end Center. Pacioretty has said that he was missing Radulov dearly. If you don't trade Pacioretty, who else is going to save Pacioretty on his line? The day that you recognize that you can't get help fast enough to benefit from your players best years....you have to deal them. Again, it all comes down to what we can do. Just like the Drouin acquisition. We did that and do nothing else, it's terrible. We keep Pacioretty and do nothing else...it will be unuseful and terrible. You keep him yet somehow are able to bring some legitimate top 6....fine. If you ALSO fix your D and become a legitimate contender. Everything in the middle is not good enough.

Reactions: Tyson

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I would honestly prefer to trade Pac to solve that 1D spot for good. Someone like Hanifin. Hurricanes probably want to add some experience to their team.

Centers will come slowly, we can draft a few this draft or we can sign stastny via UFA.

Besides Kotkaniemi, I dont see a center making an impact any time soon. Veleno has ways to go

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I would honestly prefer to trade Pac to solve that 1D spot for good. Someone like Hanifin. Hurricanes probably want to add some experience to their team.

Centers will come slowly, we can draft a few this draft or we can sign stastny via UFA.

Besides Kotkaniemi, I dont see a center making an impact any time soon. Veleno has ways to go

Center will come slowly.. i mean when was the last time we had a real 1st center? Vincent Damphousse?

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Center will come slowly.. i mean when was the last time we had a real 1st center? Vincent Damphousse?

There is no guarantee kotkaniemi becomes Kopitar

We can’t get a number one Center for Pac unless we trade for a guy lik Cody glass or vilardi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad