Rumor: Max Domi Sucks - Not Being Actively Shopped per Chayka

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Agreed It would be a pretty good plus. I would envision any sort of Domi deal to be more of the traditional "hockey trade" where it's players of similar age getting exchanged. Would love to get Logan Brown to be honest but I've been singing that song for a couple of years. Edmonton for RNH? Domi was highly sought after his draft year so there will be significant interest.

I started with Rangers as report of AZ shopping Domi originated with Brooks.

I didn't hear that. Did he mention any players?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don't think u move Domi unless u grab a C or aD (pending Dahlin lottery and our willingness to pass on Bodqvist if we draft at 4/5).

I agree, but I was talking OEL. Most want to trade him. I think now is the wrong time to trade Domi.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I agree, but I was talking OEL. Most want to trade him. I think now is the wrong time to trade Domi.
I don't disagree. I just finally get the sense that management has realized wingers are more replaceable and we need to finally address C. Everything depends on draft lotteries and OEL extension. Resolving those issues/opportunities are the priority at this point.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Domi for a C makes sense. Zibanajad?

Watched the Rangers as late as yesterday. Zibanejad. A soft, injury-prone center who seems to only score on the PP (occasionally, that is) and penalty shoot-out (about 40 % I think it is, good stuff, admittedly. But you don't trade for how to win SO. ) .

If you were disappointed with Stepan, you will hate Zibanejad.

Also, as the Rangers management wants people to overpay, and used to Coyotes overpaying, we would probably - eh- overpay.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I think that, were it Domi alone, I would consider trading him. However, Domi, OEL, Keller, and Dvorak are having down years together. The common thread is Tocchet. We need a new head coach to energize the roster.

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
So in summary all we need is a new owner with actual money, a new coach, an experienced helper for the GM willing to work on the cheap, a new arena, 4 top 6 forwards, a top 2 right handed dman, many players returning to form and the lottery gods to forget the irrational hate they have for this franchise.

Hey, we're getting close...

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
So in summary all we need is a new owner with actual money, a new coach, an experienced helper for the GM willing to work on the cheap, a new arena, 4 top 6 forwards, a top 2 right handed dman, many players returning to form and the lottery gods to forget the irrational hate they have for this franchise.

Hey, we're getting close...
Can we start w arena/owner.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Slight change of plans............Feb 10 will now be BRENDAN PERLINI Bobblehead night!

Reactions: _Del_ and hbk

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I don't put much stock into Brooks. The deal happened an hour or two after this tweet.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Well the Brooks rumor hit the front page. I never like when rumors like this pick up about younger players. It seems to affect them much more than vets.

Really hope there is nothing to this one, as much as I agree with hbk that if we draft another winger we should move our surplus for a C, but losing Domi and Duke in one season would sting.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
If Max Domi is "available" that's pretty dumb. His value is not at its best right now so that going around in the media is just bad for business. Unless of course he asked for a trade and his side leaked it.

About 40% of the mainboard seems to think he's Duclair :biglaugh:

Reactions: Jakey53

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
The bloom is off the rose. Domi should be part of the core. He needs more talent around him.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
It would be absolutely dumb to trade him. His value is at an all-time low right now, I'd rather take the risk of him busting than trading him for a Duke package.

He has the potential to be a great 2nd line winger, and is already a fan favorite. If you trade Duke and Domi in the same season, something has gone terribly wrong. Maybe the coaching staff, ever think of that?

Reactions: Jakey53

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Ugh. Ugh ugh ugh. This better not be true. Selling low on both domi and duke would be a tough pill to swallow.

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
Domi is available if the perfect deal presents itself. OEL is available if the perfect deal presents itself. Brooks with nothing news. When a team is this bad every player should be available if the perfect deal presents itself. They seldom do.

Time to move along.

Reactions: Jakey53 and hbk

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
If a team calls AZ and asks about domi does that make Domi available in trade? Keep in mind this is exactly what Chayka was accused of leaking with Doug Hamilton a year or so ago.

Reactions: Jakey53 and Grimes

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Trading OEL, Domi, and Duclair in short order would basically be the finishing blow for the franchise as a business.

Reactions: Yandover and RABBIT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad