Value of: Max Domi - Mega Thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
I think he would sign long term for sure if the salary was 6.5+. He might also if the $ amount is lower, I'm just guessing.

I could see the $6.5 million. Karlsson signed in Vegas, with no state tax, for 8 years and $5.9 million after seasons of 78 and 59 points. Max was on pace for 50.8 points if he played the full 82 games. It's a similar drop in points from break out year. WK was 25 when he signed his deal and Max is 25 now. WK was an RFA when he signed, and Max is one now.

All that said, given the current financial situation, I don't see someone offering it. I think he'll get something closer to what Galchenyuk signed, say in the $5.5 million range, and perhaps for more term.

Reactions: Gains

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
As per LeBrun. Habs are not in on Laine.
It wouldn’t be very smart of bergevin to tip his hand and profess how badly he would like to have Laine . He can’t come out and say I’d give my right nut for him . If he plays it cool the asking price doesn’t become rediculous

RCAFguy

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
It wouldn’t be very smart of bergevin to tip his hand and profess how badly he would like to have Laine . He can’t come out and say I’d give my right nut for him . If he plays it cool the asking price doesn’t become rediculous
Montreal isn't the only team inquiring. There will be multiple offers.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
he can't speak with him... he's RFA. Chevy could speak with him if he wants to trade for him, Montreal would allow that.

As for Domi not wanting to stay in Montreal is wrong, he wants to be Center and the habs wanted him at wing.

Any RFA can speak to anyone starting October 8th.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
If Domi is signed then that means Danault is good as gone this off season. I think MB is basically doing the "whoever signs with us first at a reasonable cap hit/years will stay the other player will be traded" and MB is still using up cap space and is doing it in front of Domi and Danault giving them a sign he doesn't give a f*** what they want and they either sign the deal MB wants or he gets players to take up the rest of the cap and he trades one or even both of them.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The budding superstar GMs on HF are trading him to their team for future consideration...but reality is that Domi is going nowhere unless you give to get.

As much as I dislike Bbinz, he's proven to be patient until he gets what he wants. See the Patches and Galchy trades.

Right now, there are about 4 teams that are "natural " trade partners based on need. Or not.

We need scoring wingers for a bona-fide 2C. Or not.

Regardless, have as many Pulljack and 2 2nds fantasies you want, it will never happen.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I wonder some people have a clue about negotiating?

Do you really believe Bbinz is going to say..."yes I'm desperate for wingers so please put more pressure on me through the fans and media to make a dumb trade."

:laugh:

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I wonder some people have a clue about negotiating?

Do you really believe Bbinz is going to say..."yes I'm desperate for wingers so please put more pressure on me through the fans and media to make a dumb trade."

:laugh:
Sorry, but which GM is Bbinz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad