Player Discussion Max Domi - Maximus Dominatus Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I’m hoping Max signs a 6 year $36M extension this offseason. It will be a good deal for both sides.
I think you're right.

Domi has been largely unproven until now so it would be some security for him. On the flipside, I think he's shown that he can deliver and I think he's worth the money. I like that deal and I agree it makes both sense.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
“It's incredible to see the Toronto Raptors team reach the 2019's NBA Finals. Not just for the city... But also for the country... It's so much fun to see the guys play live and experience that playoff atmosphere. Seeing that, I can only imagine just how impressive the atmosphere in Montreal will be come playoff time... That makes me really excited for next season...”

“Golden State is such a good team. But we won both games against them during the regular season. We also have home court advantage and we have Kawhi Leonard. It's just like having Carey Price on your team... You've a chance to win every night because he's the best. You can't forget that the Warriors also have four great players. I think it will be a great series and the Raptors are going to win it in seven games...”

“The buzzer beater at the 2019's Game 7 Eastern Conference semi-finals against the Philadelphia 76ers? It was pure madness. It was probably the coolest sports moment I've seen live in my life. It was completely crazy.”

“My dad has been taking me to games since I was a kid. Bck when the team was still playing at Skydome. I was really young... But I still remember watching Vince Carter, Chris Bosh and a bunch of other guys... It's very fun to finally see the team reach their full potential... They had so many good teams. But they always struggled to get past the first round for some reason. It's great to finally see them succeed...”

“I love that. Drake has done so much for this city and this team. I'm lucky to know him a bit and I can guarantee that he's a good guy and a very humble guy. He works really hard and he deserves all of his success. He's a basketball fan. He was a Raptors fan before he was Drake. I respect that... He wants his team to be successful.”

“No, I definitely won't be massaging Clode during a game... But it wouldn't bother me to see someone else do it...”

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
If max hits 70+ points again at center full time you can bet he’s gonna want 8+ million a year

Domi on the Left Wing would be deadly..

Domi - Kotkaniemi - Gally
Drouin - Danault - Suzuki
Byron - Poehling - Shaw
Weal - Thompson - Armia

There’s a nice balance going on here..

Trade Tatar in a package for a LD

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Would be interesting to know what contract extension Domi would agree to after July 1st of this year. What is Domi thinking... Take the best deal he can get now or prove himself for another season and get more next year?

I think he might take the 8 years at $7M AAV this July.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Why are we so desparate to put Domi on the wing? He killed it there last season, and his ability to pass off the rush has him tailor-made for the middle of the ice.

It's about the other things a center does vs generating points. Domi can still do the same thing he did this past year on wing. Look at a player like Marchand for example. He is a puck possession winger that produces on offense first while his center focuses on face offs and the 200' game.

It's not desperation to move Domi to wing, it's trying to balance out the roster so we are good at both ends of the ice. For now, Domi stays at center until the kids show they can handle a top 2C role. We are in a good situation cause we have options

Reactions: Guns n Roses

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Why are we so desparate to put Domi on the wing? He killed it there last season, and his ability to pass off the rush has him tailor-made for the middle of the ice.
You can't really blame the posters who think this way. Going for years on years without a legit top center can have serious repercussions - like not recognizing a legit top center when you have him under your very nose. If, and that's a big if, if Poehling proves himself capable of handling the center position this year it will be Danault who gets the shuffle - either to the wing or to another team.

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
You can't really blame the posters who think this way. Going for years on years without a legit top center can have serious repercussions - like not recognizing a legit top center when you have him under your very nose. If, and that's a big if, if Poehling proves himself capable of handling the center position this year it will be Danault who gets the shuffle - either to the wing or to another team.

“Going for years on years without a legit top center can have serious repercussions”

You are proving your own point.

Domi is not a legit top center. He’s a LW who just proved that he can dominate offensively in a top centerman role. Defensively he’s not a centerman.

Reactions: Runner77

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
“Going for years on years without a legit top center can have serious repercussions”

Domi is not a legit top center. He’s a LW who just proved that he can dominate offensively in a top centerman role. Defensively he’s not a centerman.
And Malkin is?

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
Yeah, seriously. Domi did pretty well for his first NHL year at center, way better than Drouin for instance, and way, way better than Galchenyuk too for that matter, who played two equivalent seasons as a C.
Galchenyuk and Drouin aren’t centers.

Domi is a LW who has proved that he can excel in an offensive centerman role, defensively he’s not a centerman.

Now once our 3 real centers are ready, Kotka and Poehling + Danault, Domi can be placed back to the LW where he will be much needed and will dominate offensively anyways. It’s all about managing your players properly and balancing out the team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I’m hoping Max signs a 6 year $36M extension this offseason. It will be a good deal for both sides.

I think it works for the Habs more than it does with Domi. $6M AAV for a top 6F is a thing of the past.. Especially a forward who is trending very well. If we get Domi on this type of contract, I will do cart wheels

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

Go look at his numbers again. They're more than adequate for a first year center. If he doesn't make it as a legit #1, he is eyes closed a definite #2.

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
Go look at his numbers again. They're more than adequate for a first year center. If he doesn't make it as a legit #1, he is eyes closed a definite #2.
You just aren’t getting it. He’s not a prototypical centerman. We have 3 in the system, Kotka, Poehling and Danault. Once Kotka and Poehling are ready for the top 6, that’s when Domi slides to the left wing. He will be a puck possession winger a la Radulov & Kucherov lite. His production will not decrease but might even increase a bit. He’s still gonna be on the ice doing his thing, but with a big 6’ 2”/6’ 3” prototypical centerman beside him. It’s gonna be amazing once the guys are ready, you will see, it’s gonna happen.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Galchenyuk and Drouin aren’t centers.

Domi is a LW who has proved that he can excel in an offensive centerman role, defensively he’s not a centerman.

Now once our 3 real centers are ready, Kotka and Poehling + Danault, Domi can be placed back to the LW where he will be much needed and will dominate offensively anyways. It’s all about managing your players properly and balancing out the team.

If we have three better centers than a 70+ point guy, then trade him for a top return instead of converting him to a winger. Productive centres get more i n rade.

Reactions: Habs Icing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad