Player Discussion Max Domi - Lookin' Good Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Not really. They could be fighting to stay in the NHL as opposed to being sent down to the A.
But they’re not.....anyways, I’m not arguing, I pretty much see a lock for Domi and Kotka next year at centre on top 6......Danault in my opinion will be 3rd line centre and Poehling until he shows the maturity and savvy of what it is to be a nhl centre will be 4th.

The second Poehling is ready for that jump to 3rd, he will move Danault to the wing.

If I had to bet the way it would play out...this would be it!!

Reactions: Runner77

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
But they’re not.....anyways, I’m not arguing, I pretty much see a lock for Domi and Kotka next year at centre on top 6......Danault in my opinion will be 3rd line centre and Poehling until he shows the maturity and savvy of what it is to be a nhl centre will be 4th.

The second Poehling is ready for that jump to 3rd, he will move Danault to the wing.

Why move Danault to the WIng when can u just trade him? he isnt a winger and im sure he would be awful there. Either leave him where he belongs (that is either as a 3C or with Gally/Tatar) or trade him.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

If you have to play Poehling at 4th, better in AHL.

Why move Danault to the WIng when can u just trade him? he isnt a winger and im sure he would be awful there. Either leave him where he belongs (that is either as a 3C or with Gally/Tatar) or trade him.

Danault started off his time here as a winger and looked fine. Not saying it's where I'd put him but he can clearly play wing.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Danault had a good stretch on Mitchell's LW and Byron on the right. You can always just trade him too.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Danault had a good stretch on Mitchell's LW and Byron on the right. You can always just trade him too.
he would be a waste of an asset (not a big asset but still) on the wing. Just trade him, i never liked him. Just plz dont put Poehling on 4th line while letting Danault play with the Tuna Gallies.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
he would be a waste of an asset (not a big asset but still) on the wing. Just trade him, i never liked him. Just plz dont put Poehling on 4th line while letting Danault play with the Tuna Gallies.

If Danault is around and Poehling comes he'll be in AHL...

I mean...who's to say Suzuki and Poehling make the team next season? Maybe they'll be in AHL.

Domi
Tatar
Drouin
Gallagher
Lehkonen
Byron
Shaw
Hudon
Armia
Peca
Danault
Kotkaniemi
Deslauriers

Are all either RFA or signed for next season.

This doesn't include someone like Plekanec who is UFA.

Add in Scherbak who is fringe right now.

Then Poehling and Suzuki next season...do you really believe there is space right now? I think unless they come out blazing or a trade happens they won't be rushed.

Still annoyed we have so many wingers. Good depth but rather package it for another top 6 forward.

Reactions: jaffy27

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
If Danault is around and Poehling comes he'll be in AHL...

I mean...who's to say Suzuki and Poehling make the team next season? Maybe they'll be in AHL.

Domi
Tatar
Drouin
Gallagher
Lehkonen
Byron
Shaw
Hudon
Armia
Peca
Danault
Kotkaniemi
Deslauriers

Are all either RFA or signed for next season.

This doesn't include someone like Plekanec who is UFA.

Add in Scherbak who is fringe right now.

Then Poehling and Suzuki next season...do you really believe there is space right now? I think unless they come out blazing or a trade happens they won't be rushed.

Still annoyed we have so many wingers. Good depth but rather package it for another top 6 forward.

Im talking about when hes ready. So, like in 2 years or so. I have no problem with him developing in the A assuming hes well-surrounded. But when hes ready, Danault has to go, otherwise, ill be annoyed as f***, like the DD-Chucky situation to a lesser extent.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Im talking about when hes ready. So, like in 2 years or so. I have no problem with him developing in the A assuming hes well-surrounded. But when hes ready, Danault has to go, otherwise, ill be annoyed as ****, like the DD-Chucky situation to a lesser extent.
My guess is Danault is going nowhere....he will be a 3rd line centre or 3rd line winger.

It’s so hard to tell what will happen with Poehling. If he’s that good offensively, does he become 2nd line centre or do they make him a left winger on a let’s say......

Poehling/Domi/Gallagher line?? That almost looks like a first line.

Second line of Drouin/Kotka/Armia

Third line of Byron/Danault/Suzuki

Man......we still have Tatar, Lehkonen that could easily fit in top 6.......and 7m$ in cap space.

We could potentially be wheeling and dealing with quantity for quality.....we will see

Reactions: Runner77

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
My guess is Danault is going nowhere....he will be a 3rd line centre or 3rd line winger.

It’s so hard to tell what will happen with Poehling. If he’s that good offensively, does he become 2nd line centre or do they make him a left winger on a let’s say......

Poehling/Domi/Gallagher line?? That almost looks like a first line.

Second line of Drouin/Kotka/Armia

Third line of Byron/Danault/Suzuki

Man......we still have Tatar, Lehkonen that could easily fit in top 6.......and 7m$ in cap space.

We could potentially be wheeling and dealing with quantity for quality.....we will see

Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher
Drouin-Domi-Suzuki
Lehkonen-Danault-Armia
Byron-Poehling-Evans

Reactions: dralaf and jaffy27

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

We have another center prospect who is further along on the development curve: Jake Evans. Poehling may have to battle it out with him. He is also a college player but he is in Laval right now. Don't count your chicks before they're hatched.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher
Drouin-Domi-Suzuki
Lehkonen-Danault-Armia
Byron-Poehling-Evans

I hate that lineup.

It's just so much depth but no top end talent on wings.

I REALLY hope we can make a move on pannarin if he doesn't sign in CLB and look to trade a few of the others. Guys like Shaw to highest bidder but see if Lehkonen+ can get you a decent Top 4 D to round out line up.

Reactions: Mrb1p

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I knew that Domi was good but I wasn't happy when MB traded Galchenyuk for him… it felt like it was selling Galchenyuk low and I didn't like the idea of ‘Tie junior' wearing a Habs sweater. He's not only making me eat crow, he's becoming my favourite player.
This is exactly how I feel.

Though he is my favourite now lol, He has been so good he convinced me quickly. Nothing wrong with being wrong!

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
What he's doing is just insane, in 16 games he's got almost half the points he scored all of last year. He should easily hit 60, if not 70 pts, wow is he on fire. I keep thinking at some point he has to cool off as the Habs don't have much secondary scoring. It's Domi, Gallagher, Tatar and depending on what day of the week it is, Drouin. So you would think teams will just focus heavily on Domi and Gallagher cause if you shut them down you likely win but he just gets better.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I knew he was good but he's even exceeding my highly optimistic predictions right now! Killing it! Go Max Go!

Reactions: ChikN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad