Player Discussion Max Domi - Lookin' Good Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
eat-crow.jpg

:naughty:

I've admitted as much on multiple occasions, yes.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
last year a total of 20 players and 7 centers did shot 250 times or more ...

im not saying it wrong or anything, i just think 250 was a bit of a reach. I do agree if he shoot more, he will be more dangerous and unpredictable. i was just stating fact that not as much center or player shot the puck as much as you hope domi to do.
This!

Not to mention Domi is a pass first player, I knew he had a good shot and he can score but even I'm surprised with his numbers... He won't score like this the whole season.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
How the **** did this guy only score 5 goals on a goalie last year with that shot he possesses? Baffling... Good for us though... :laugh:
He's taking alot more shots in dangerous areas, specially at ES. He most likely won't keep converting at a 25% rate so I'd still like to see him use it more.

Last edited:

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
If by any means Tatar is gone by next season (highly doubt) then having lines like:

Drouin - Kotka - Gally
Domi - Poehling - Suzuki
Lehkonen - Danault - Byron
Shaw - Peca - Hudon

I mean it's not arguably great but sure some offensive boost and it's not the worst lines

Defense is blank next year

Suzuki could probably switch sometimes with Gallagher as well
Why would poehling displace Domi at c?

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Why would poehling displace Domi at c?
So that Poehling would develop as a second C, domi is still an amazing player on LW, and keeping Poehling 3C is absurd especially if he plays really well, and on LW (domi) would feed the puck very well to Suzuki, whilst Poehling stays in front of the net (as usual) to do deflection and or screen the goalie.

Therefore yes, Domi is amazing centre position but Poehling needs that development for #2C

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
If Domi continue to play that good at center, MTL won't move him from center position next year. Both Suzuki and Poehling won't start the season in MTL next year, my best guess is Suzuki will start in the NHL while Poehling will start in the AHL and could be a call-up through the year to start on the 4th line along with Byron.

Drouin-Domi-Suzuki
Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Danault-Armia
Byron-Peca-Hudon

Extra: Shaw/Deslauriers/Scherbak

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
He'll probably sign an extension next season...if we're moving anyone it should be Danault and a bunch of our bottom 6 wingers for picks since none of them can return a top 4D

I agree about Domi. I think Danault and Lehkonen have some value and could possibly get us a #4D, possibly with a small throw-in on our part. Agreed that Hudon, Peca, Shcerbak and Deslauriers won't.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I agree about Domi. I think Danault and Lehkonen have some value and could possibly get us a #4D, possibly with a small throw-in on our part. Agreed that Hudon, Peca, Shcerbak and Deslauriers won't.
Danault only center we have who can win a faceoff. He's like 53%, while Domi and Kok is 41%. No way he is traded.

Reactions: jaffy27

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
If Domi continue to play that good at center, MTL won't move him from center position next year. Both Suzuki and Poehling won't start the season in MTL next year, my best guess is Suzuki will start in the NHL while Poehling will start in the AHL and could be a call-up through the year to start on the 4th line along with Byron.

Drouin-Domi-Suzuki
Lehkonen-Danault-Armia
Byron-Peca-Hudon

I love the argument that danault is too good and paid too much for the fourth line... but hey lets stick byron there

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

Drouin-Domi-Suzuki
Lehkonen-Danault-Armia
Byron-Peca-Hudon

Thank god for your post. For a sec I thought people were losing their mind. Yea move Domi to the wing so we can play an unproven college kid as a #2 center. Jeeze, sometimes I wonder about some people.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Thank god for your post. For a sec I thought people were losing their mind. Yea move Domi to the wing so we can play an unproven college kid as a #2 center. Jeeze, sometimes I wonder about some people.
Domi isnt a natural C. It's simple. And no one said Poehling as a 2C right away. More like Kotka, Danault, Poehling.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Domi isnt a natural C. It's simple. And no one said Poehling as a 2C right away. More like Kotka, Danault, Poehling.

You know what? How about we wait till Max has two straight games where he craps the bed then let's talk about replacing him with a college kid.. Is that simple enough for ya?

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
You know what? How about we wait till Max has two straight games where he craps the bed then let's talk about replacing him with a college kid.. Is that simple enough for ya?

Don't even think about it. Max might have good games and bad games, but on this team he is a center. Next!

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Hes been ok defensively but is no threat there. Hes weak at the faceoffs and lacks the IQ of a C imo.

Uh, ok. He can improve at faceoffs and get sheltered for a crucial one occasionally.

But lacking IQ and not being good defensively?

Did you see the play on Ovechkin when he came back, lifted his stick before Ovechkin could score the game winner, got us the puck back and broke back up ice immediately for a good pass leading to our GWG against the Caps?

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Dude, what's with your obsession of him being replaced by a college kid. He will be deplaced by KK and will be moved to the wing as Danault stays on the second line and Poehling is entrusted to play 3rd line minutes, basically the rookie treatment. That's the plan and will likely remain so.

Reactions: stanley25
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad