Confirmed with Link: Mattias Norlinder signs 3 year ELC (2021-22 to 2023-24)

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
He'll prbly be in Frolunda next year since they'd have to loan him. So it's Habs or Sweden. Sweden is almost certainly the right choice.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He still has another year left on his deal with Frolunda. So I'm curious if he will still stay on loan in Sweden or if he is coming here right away.

You'd think that with his ELC kicking in next year, he will come over.

Laval going to be an interesting spot to watch games in the coming years. A shit load of prospects will filter through and we don't have to rush guys anymore.

Some Habs fans need to really consider the draft power we have had. Lots of grade B's and B+ but that nothing to be negative about. You need those guys and our probability to hit in the surprise/disappoint formula is very good

More picks coming in the next draft and it's wide open due to Covid. Stars or top players will be found more than ever in the 2nd/3rd round. Do your homework Timmins!

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I was not high on him because we are the Habs, he is a Swede, and its been 42 years since we picked a top end Swede. But then it looked like he was doing pretty well, so I was a bit excited, but then he seemed to tail off, and now I dont have any expectations. Lets see him in Camp.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I was not high on him because we are the Habs, he is a Swede, and its been 42 years since we picked a top end Swede. But then it looked like he was doing pretty well, so I was a bit excited, but then he seemed to tail off, and now I dont have any expectations. Lets see him in Camp.

feels like we're due for a talented swede in the lineup...

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
They really needed a PMD sooner rather than later. Hope Frolunda allows him to play with Laval, but Sweden would not be bad either.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

him bringing it in the playoffs re-ignited some high level hope for me. The kid has fantastic tools. It's really about how much better he can be and if he can shore up his weaknesses.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Great news as I had to laugh at whatever jackass was saying he wouldn't ever come over. So he'll be at the rookie camp, but will train with Frolunda for the preseason since it starts before ours then come to training camp. So first we need to see how the roster shakes out as clearly we have a major need for a PMD and unless Brook has a great off-season, I'd rather see him get more time in Laval. I don't think Fleury is the answer either, he could be a 7th D for us but I would rather see him play since he has not played much the last 2 seasons though waivers are a concern.

If he doesn't make the Habs, Norlinder goes back to Frolunda but will count against the 50 contract limit. Now the Habs recently said and I don't remember who, perhaps Timmins, that they felt they made a mistake in bringing over Collberg for camp and then sending him back as the travel during his SHL club (same one as Norlinder) had already started and so when he was sent back he didn't have a spot and so he didn't play much, spent the year on the 4th line and did not do well and in fact things never went well again for him.

So this is a very curious move, as they didn't have to sign him till June of 2023, they were really tight against the 50 this season so you don't want to just throw away a spot and they said they didn't want to sign a player, bring him over and then send him back after the Euro season started. So I got to think there is a plan that they expect him to make the Habs but if he looks out of place then they will have to send him back and then bring him to Laval either when his season ends in the SHL or for '22-'23.

I'm of course very high on him as I have him as easily one of our top prospects no question. His defense is shaky though as he makes some poor decisions and isn't overly strong. He will take the body but that's not something he's very good at. But man the thought of Norlinder, Caufield, KK/Suzuki on the PP is very exciting as Norlinder can f***ing shoot the puck. Training camp just got way more interesting imo.

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
This is very good news.

Not sure if I agree with Whitesnake that he's our next Lidstrom, but hopefully he comes over and plays above expectations.

Reactions: bopeep

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad