Prospect Info: Mattias Norlinder - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

And again...the development. Geez....That's 12 freakin games. 12. And then..pouf...the confidence is all gone? 'Cause Frolunda is too strong? Great. Trade him. Loan him to Allsvenkan. Get him here in the AHL and gain his confidence back. That's my biggest beef is with the whole development issue...it's AUTOMATICALLY a cop-out. 12 games explains EVERYTHING. Adam Wilsby is on a similar path than Norlinder. Younger. Better production in Allsvenskan. Better productoin in the SHL. Yet...who anywhere talks about Wilsby as a future top 4 in Nashville? The guy isn't even signed yet. Wheeler isn't the bible, far from it, but he has Wilsby at 14th in the Nashville pool rankings. But he has Norlinder 8th? Why...I just believe that most people were basing themselves mostly on highlights. The pure skills are undeniable. But it takes SO much more than that to succeed. And I believe Norlinder is still far. Yet, already 22 in 1 month.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
And again...the development. Geez....That's 12 freakin games. 12. And then..pouf...the confidence is all gone? 'Cause Frolunda is too strong? Great. Trade him. Loan him to Allsvenkan. Get him here in the AHL and gain his confidence back. That's my biggest beef is with the whole development issue...it's AUTOMATICALLY a cop-out. 12 games explains EVERYTHING. Adam Wilsby is on a similar path than Norlinder. Younger. Better production in Allsvenskan. Better productoin in the SHL. Yet...who anywhere talks about Wilsby as a future top 4 in Nashville? The guy isn't even signed yet. Wheeler isn't the bible, far from it, but he has Wilsby at 14th in the Nashville pool rankings. But he has Norlinder 8th? Why...I just believe that most people were basing themselves mostly on highlights. The pure skills are undeniable. But it takes SO much more than that to succeed. And I believe Norlinder is still far. Yet, already 22 in 1 month.

Are you saying you don't understand how confidence works? But in this case we don't if that's the cause, he is still getting headaches? or is he 100%? He's mostly been used as the 5th or 6th D but it's not like his skills just disappeared but just like when Caufield had 1 goal in 30 games, things go wrong.

As for Nashville is there a better NHL team at drafting NHL defensemen? I don't know Wilsby at all though. But it's not fans watching highlight videos that awarded him Best Junior in Allsvenskan or had him on Team Sweden for Euro Tour and it's not like he wasn't one of the top scoring blueliners in the SHL playoffs as a rookie so that player hopefully is still there just needs to stay healthy.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Are you saying you don't understand how confidence works? But in this case we don't if that's the cause, he is still getting headaches? or is he 100%? He's mostly been used as the 5th or 6th D but it's not like his skills just disappeared but just like when Caufield had 1 goal in 30 games, things go wrong.

As for Nashville is there a better NHL team at drafting NHL defensemen? I don't know Wilsby at all though. But it's not fans watching highlight videos that awarded him Best Junior in Allsvenskan or had him on Team Sweden for Euro Tour and it's not like he wasn't one of the top scoring blueliners in the SHL playoffs as a rookie so that player hopefully is still there just needs to stay healthy.
Yeah I understand how confidence work. I also understand that IF you lose it, you can also get it back. If you can't, it means you are not up for the challenge to play in the highest league possible. And playing in the NHL and AHL and sending him back had nothing to do with losing confidence in him. CLEARLY not getting his spot back is an issue. But he should, if he has that talent, to gain it back. If not, it means that Frolunda team is too strong, and something should be done so he'd play somewhere else.

AS far as winning the best junior player in Allsvenskan...whilie it's a neat feature, it's in no way assurance that you'll do something in the NHL. Ask Jacob Olofsson. Or Robin Kovacks or Jonathan Dahlen. But Forsberg won it. And so did William Karlsson. But it's still no assurance.

And if he's actually that good, I have no idea how he can,t get his spot back. Even if it's just bottom 2 to get his confidence back again.

Just that the confidence issue....I can take every event that happened to a player and tell you that hsi confidence was affected. Caufield got screwed by Ducharme. St-Louis came in, confidence came back. If Caufield still is struggling, we are STILL talking about a confidence issue and how we f***ed him up. etc.

So yeah, you can claim that the confidence can be affected. But you ALSO have to expect that he,d regain it.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yeah I understand how confidence work. I also understand that IF you lose it, you can also get it back. If you can't, it means you are not up for the challenge to play in the highest league possible. And playing in the NHL and AHL and sending him back had nothing to do with losing confidence in him. CLEARLY not getting his spot back is an issue. But he should, if he has that talent, to gain it back. If not, it means that Frolunda team is too strong, and something should be done so he'd play somewhere else.

AS far as winning the best junior player in Allsvenskan...whilie it's a neat feature, it's in no way assurance that you'll do something in the NHL. Ask Jacob Olofsson. Or Robin Kovacks or Jonathan Dahlen. But Forsberg won it. And so did William Karlsson. But it's still no assurance.

And if he's actually that good, I have no idea how he can,t get his spot back. Even if it's just bottom 2 to get his confidence back again.

Just that the confidence issue....I can take every event that happened to a player and tell you that hsi confidence was affected. Caufield got screwed by Ducharme. St-Louis came in, confidence came back. If Caufield still is struggling, we are STILL talking about a confidence issue and how we f***ed him up. etc.

So yeah, you can claim that the confidence can be affected. But you ALSO have to expect that he,d regain it.

That's the whole point, when you lose confidence it can be hard to get back. But I never said that was the issue here, I was dead set against signing him because this is what I feared would happen, that he would go back and not have his spot on the top pairing. It's a low scoring league so it's not going to be easy for him to show what he can do if he's the 5th/6th D most nights. That said we also don't know if he's 100% or not.

As for Frolunda, they are strong as they were the top team in the SHL for a while there, he's not under contract with them after this season so it doesn't matter at this point unless Gorton/Hughes think he should stay another year over there which would be a bit surprising to see.

Reactions: Tyson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad