Prospect Info: Mattias Norlinder - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
0-0-0 in 10 games in the swedish league. Disappointing. I expected better numbers in a league bit better than AHL. He is gonna turn 22 yo next month. For an offensive dman. He is looking more morgan ellis than andrei markov right now
Either hire a competent scout or stop drafting from Sweden and Finland. Utterly horrible.

Reactions: Tyson

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
0-0-0 in 10 games in the swedish league. Disappointing. I expected better numbers in a league bit better than AHL. He is gonna turn 22 yo next month. For an offensive dman. He is looking more morgan ellis than andrei markov right now

how's he looked in those games?

He's on the bottom pairing now, which is what happened the last time the Habs brought over a player as Timmins talked about how they made a mistake when they brought Collberg over cause when he went back he lost his spot in the lineup and was on the 4th line. Norlinder the plan was for him to be on the top pairing per the coach, but MB had to sign him and then he gets injured over here and it turns into a mess.

He is back from injury at least as it wasn't looking good, he was having headaches ala Juulsen, days after the hit so the fact that he can play is a great sign, although Juulsen played too for a bit before shutting it down.

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016
Forum hyped prospect. He's at the point where it's obvious he won't be contributing in any significant way at the NHL level. That's not because I secretly hate this prospect and blah blah, but the fact that he seriously hasn't shown anything special apart from assurances I've seen from people who 'know'. Also mostly because he's hyped as an offensive providing d-man, but he can barely play D or provide offense.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Forum hyped prospect. He's at the point where it's obvious he won't be contributing in any significant way at the NHL level. That's not because I secretly hate this prospect and blah blah, but the fact that he seriously hasn't shown anything special apart from assurances I've seen from people who 'know'. Also mostly because he's hyped as an offensive providing d-man, but he can barely play D or provide offense.
I have always had reservations about this kid. He went undrafted in his draft year says alot.
He has shown squat and alot of folks were making him out to be an offensive dynamo.
He ain't coming back to NA. I hope I am wrong but there literally are no glimpses from his game that tells me he is legit.

Reactions: Heffyhoof

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
I have always had reservations about this kid. He went undrafted in his draft year says alot.
He has shown squat and alot of folks were making him out to be an offensive dynamo.
He ain't coming back to NA. I hope I am wrong but there literally are no glimpses from his game that tells me he is legit.

He comes back from serious injury. Let's wait and see.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
He comes back from serious injury. Let's wait and see.

That's not promising.

If there's one thing that details promising Habs prospects, it's serious injury.

See Chipchura, Fischer, Juulsen, Carle, Tinordi, McCarron, Poehling, Reway, Geoffrion, etc.

18-22 is not a good time to get injured.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

He was named the best prospect in Allsvenskan despite missing a chunk of time to injury. He was named to Team Sweden last year for Euro Tour, he was one of the top scoring blueliners in the SHL playoffs. That's not showing squat.

He's under contract with us, it's not up to him where he plays next year unless the Habs agree to void his contract to which he could be forced to pay back his signing bonus. If he tried to break the contract, the IIHF could have him banned from IIHF events. Now maybe the Habs will think that due to him missing so much time this year, he stays in the SHL so this time they don't f*** things up by bringing him over during the SHL season and sending him back in the middle of the year when he's lost his spot.

He's a legit sniper, he's had a number of injuries, but the talent is 100% there, no question about it. The SHL is not a high scoring league, it's a clutch and grab league.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He was named the best prospect in Allsvenskan despite missing a chunk of time to injury. He was named to Team Sweden last year for Euro Tour, he was one of the top scoring blueliners in the SHL playoffs. That's not showing squat.

He's under contract with us, it's not up to him where he plays next year unless the Habs agree to void his contract to which he could be forced to pay back his signing bonus. If he tried to break the contract, the IIHF could have him banned from IIHF events. Now maybe the Habs will think that due to him missing so much time this year, he stays in the SHL so this time they don't f*** things up by bringing him over during the SHL season and sending him back in the middle of the year when he's lost his spot.

He's a legit sniper, he's had a number of injuries, but the talent is 100% there, no question about it. The SHL is not a high scoring league, it's a clutch and grab league.
I always trust your opinions as they are thought out and detailed. I hope you are right

Reactions: montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I always trust your opinions as they are thought out and detailed. I hope you are right

no one knows what he will be. I've seen a good bit of him, I know the SHL better then many posters on this board as i've been watching games for many years there.

That said he can't stay healthy, that's a huge problem if that keeps up. He's had concussions in the past, not sure of how many but then he gets his face smashed into the boards and days after he says he was getting headaches so we don't know if it's impacting him still or he is just rusty or just not producing. I haven't seen any of his games since he is back from injury, I'm not worried about him outside of can he stay healthy but then again I didn't think Josh Brook would struggle so much in the AHL, it's not easy to project players but Norlinder is one of the most exciting prospects i've ever seen for a Habs blueliner but he mostly looked like shit over here and that of course is what happened with Brook when he went from the dub to the AHL.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Heineman - 0 pts, -1, 10:13

Norlinder - - 0 pts, -1, 19:42

Norlinders's team got shutout but that was the highest TOI for him since his 1st game back in Sweden.

Kotstenko - 0 pts, Even, 17:35

His team lost in OT, series now tied up 2-2
Seems like Norlinder is slowly becoming a non-prospect.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Yup, what a great idea by bergevin rushing him over here because he can’t put a team together correctly.
Expecting him to come in and plug a hole in the top 6 right away was pretty dumb, no doubt about it. He needed to play smart, calculated minutes on the third pairing and to get regular time on the PP, where he could really shine and build his confidence.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
no one knows what he will be. I've seen a good bit of him, I know the SHL better then many posters on this board as i've been watching games for many years there.

That said he can't stay healthy, that's a huge problem if that keeps up. He's had concussions in the past, not sure of how many but then he gets his face smashed into the boards and days after he says he was getting headaches so we don't know if it's impacting him still or he is just rusty or just not producing. I haven't seen any of his games since he is back from injury, I'm not worried about him outside of can he stay healthy but then again I didn't think Josh Brook would struggle so much in the AHL, it's not easy to project players but Norlinder is one of the most exciting prospects i've ever seen for a Habs blueliner but he mostly looked like shit over here and that of course is what happened with Brook when he went from the dub to the AHL.

It's pretty much impossible to play with post concussion syndrome. I hope he's not trying to do that.

Latendresse tried to do it to stay relevant and it just doesn't work. You need your mind sharp to process the game and your energy level at its highest.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It's pretty much impossible to play with post concussion syndrome. I hope he's not trying to do that.

Latendresse tried to do it to stay relevant and it just doesn't work. You need your mind sharp to process the game and your energy level at its highest.

I worried about that as well since he was having headaches days after the hit but Frolunda did say they were keeping him out longer just to be safe so hopefully he's not having any issues

Reactions: 26Mats

Jul 6, 2016
Another player we will never see again in a Habs jesrey. For all kinds of reasons.

Reactions: Wats
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad