Matthews vs Marner

Which player will be better going forward?

• Total voters

sessiroth

Jan 21, 2010
Toronto Ont.
Don't like the taste of your own medicine?
It's not medicine it's just makes you sound like you don't know what your talking about.

Leafs have played two playoff rounds. One against Washington where marner wasn't good and Matthews was great, and one against Boston where marner was good and Matthews wasn't. Please educate yourself

Reactions: Kelly

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
It's not medicine it's just makes you sound like you don't know what your talking about.

Leafs have played two playoff rounds. One against Washington where marner wasn't good and Matthews was great, and one against Boston where marner was good and Matthews wasn't. Please educate yourself

It's just repeating the same pretty semantics leafs spew out on the daily
enjoy sitting in your own soup

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
I'm dying laughing at these fools writhing off Matthews as not a cluth, playoff performer after his first 2 years in the league because he hasn't won Conn Smyth. Wonder what they said about Yzermqn or 100 other guys who didn't win a cup in their rookie seasons

Both will be fantastic players. Matthews will be better in the regular season and playoffs.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I'm dying laughing at these fools writhing off Matthews as not a cluth, playoff performer after his first 2 years in the league because he hasn't won Conn Smyth. Wonder what they said about Yzermqn or 100 other guys who didn't win a cup in their rookie seasons

Both will be fantastic players. Matthews will be better in the regular season and playoffs.

It's more so has to do with using the same logic against leafs fans
They used his first playoff appearance as gospel. But then 2nd playoff appearance
Let's just brush it off to small sample size and "its Bergeron"

sessiroth

Jan 21, 2010
Toronto Ont.
Because you can't comprehend what I'm saying?
Because you can't comprehend how much real estate the leafs have in your head. You go into a leaf vs leaf thread and add no content to it, just splur out your garbage posts trying to get a rise out of leaf fans. Man the inferiority complex is all to real. Keep on failing spewing your garbage posts that add nothing to the conversation.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Don't like the taste of your own medicine?
How is completely ignoring one playoff series and using the other as the norm a taste of your own medicine? Do you even know what that term means?

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
What about the other playoff series where Marner was invisible and Matthews was the best player on the ice?

I wouldn't say that Marner was invisible against Washington, but Matthews was clearly better. Matthews was also not invisible against Boston either - he led the NHL in shots after the first round. If you look at the two playoff series put together, Matthews' underlying numbers are excellent (CF 53%, SCF 55%, HDCF 58%) but he had bad puck luck and a terrible PDO. For Marner it was the opposite (CF 43%, SCF 47%, HDCF 48%) but he had very good puck luck and an extremely high PDO.

People who are relying on looking at the boxscores from one playoff round to evaluate future playoff performance are beyond silly in my opinion.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Because you can't comprehend how much real estate the leafs have in your head. You go into a leaf vs leaf thread and add no content to it, just splur out your garbage posts trying to get a rise out of leaf fans. Man the inferiority complex is all to real. Keep on failing spewing your garbage posts that add nothing to the conversation.

The irony coming from someone who is a leafs fan. You're a poor psychologist if you believe there's any inferiority complex. Telling me I'm the one trying to get a rise out of people Haha

Sometimes using ones logic against them helps them see a different perspective and flaws in their argument/thought process

Sure I'm getting a rise out of people because its just the same non sense you've guys said in the first place.
Like I said, you guys dont enjoy the taste of your own medicine

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
How is completely ignoring one playoff series and using the other as the norm a taste of your own medicine? Do you even know what that term means?

That's exactly what leafs fans did in their first playoff appearance with matthews tho

Plus you know how the saying goes "your only as good as your last fight"

So yes,we can wait and see what happens as of right now, matthews wasn't so great his last time around marner was

I believe scheifele will probably end up being the best player on the team again because of last year and what he's doing this year too

sessiroth

Jan 21, 2010
Toronto Ont.
The irony coming from someone who is a leafs fan. You're a poor psychologist if you believe there's any inferiority complex. Telling me I'm the one trying to get a rise out of people Haha

Sometimes using ones logic against them helps them see a different perspective and flaws in their argument/thought process

Sure I'm getting a rise out of people because its just the same non sense you've guys said in the first place.
Like I said, you guys dont enjoy the taste of your own medicine
The fact that you feel the need to go into a leaf vs leaf thread to "try and give the leaf fans a taste of there own medicine" should speak for how much we are in your head.

Trying to label an entire fanbase adds a lot of credibility. Good job. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Sundinisagod

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
That's exactly what leafs fans did in their first playoff appearance with matthews tho

Plus you know how the saying goes "your only as good as your last fight"

So yes,we can wait and see what happens as of right now, matthews wasn't so great his last time around marner was

I believe scheifele will probably end up being the best player on the team again because of last year and what he's doing this year too

So you're going to umbrella an entire fan base off of a few posters that made some remarks 2 years ago? You're not that bright are you?

Matthews career in playoffs: 7 points in 13 games
McDavid career in playoffs: 9 points in 13 games

And that's hilarious "you're only as good as your last fight"...

Bruh...do you not realize that the team you cheer for hadn't won a single playoff game in their existence before reaching the conference finals last year. I'm sure you weren't saying "you're only as good as your last fight" back then.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
The fact that you feel the need to go into a leaf vs leaf thread to "try and give the leaf fans a taste of there own medicine" should speak for how much we are in your head.

Trying to label an entire fanbase adds a lot of credibility. Good job. :sarcasm:

There's a lot more meat heads than any other fan base. It comes with the territory of having the most popular hockey franchise.
No one said anything about every individual who calls themselves a leafs fan thinks like that
But you dont acknowledge it and you pretend it doesnt happen which is no better

If my comment isn't directed at you, dont take it personally. But there are plenty of leafs fans who have been using that sort of argument in other teams fan bases threads. But it seems you're either ignorant or willfully blind to it

Nothing wrong with using your own logic against you to open up dialogue.

You see to be the one who has a problem accepting anything that goes against your fan base

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad