Matthews not among Babcocks leadership Group. Won't wear a Letter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
If you read between the lines, what they’re really saying is “We have very little else to talk about and we just want someone to view our articles”.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Still a smart move, give the letters to the vets of the team, shelter the young guys as much as possible.

This organization has learned a lot over the last few years, good to see.

Matthews is just like the other kids, he'll get the captaincy when he's ready.

It's the difference between having a team with multiple leaders who have lead multiple teams and played high level for country versus what exists on some other teams. It's nice having an embarrassment of riches.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
He'll be the captain next season. They're waiting until he's on a long-term contract to give it to him. Patience.

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
Why is this posted on the main boards. The only possible reason it can be here is to create a disturbance between Leafs fans and others....Holy moly this title is misleading.

Reactions: loyaltotheend

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
This is probably the case. But no, it's 2018 everything has to be ammo ... a burn ...

I suspect it’s because a lot of the posters commenting are the type who are constantly attempting to undercut others with their words and actions, so they just assume the same of others.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
“**** bleep happens.” Auston Matthews (after significant loss)

That’s great leadership, especially not acknowledging your future hall of fame coach while he’s talking to you on the bench.

Even superstars shook there head to agree.

None the less I’m sure people will paint him as knowing more then Babcock.

Matthews has started to believe his own hype he’s the hulk hogan of the NHL half media creation.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Matthews is the franchise player not anyone else. Leafs better start treating him like the franchise player.

Also, though the other 3 are As, maybe Austin is the C?

And, have to get this off my chest, but Tavares is a good player, but IMO, not going to be the visible dynamo some are expecting. Matthews is the juggernaut and that is the way it is.

.....yet none of this has any bearing on wearing a letter or what the job of the letter wearer is.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario

That’s great leadership, especially not acknowledging your future hall of fame coach while he’s talking to you on the bench.

Matthews has started to believe his own hype he’s the hulk hogan of the NHL half media creation.
Matthew's may be a poor leader but eichel is a poor leader and a poor general manager.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
But to not even wear a letter ??

He is 20... on a contender in the toughest market in the league.

Crosby, Ovechkin and McDavid were given the C for marketing reasons mostly. TML do not have to do that, the brand is strong enough and they are ready to contend.

Matthews does not need a letter. His time will come soon enough.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
I found this curious to be obvious. Wondering if Babcock maybe mispoke, and that they'd have a rotation of alternates like they've done in previous years? If they go the entire year without without giving Matthews an "A" I think there is something amiss there. Another option, is that perhaps the decision to give Matthews the captaincy has already been made, and it'll be announced in the next few weeks.

Reactions: Sk8M8

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

Don't reach to far there shoulder injuries are a bitch to fix.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Yeah I recall this. Maybe this showed Leafs Mgt he needs more time. But good point from an Eichel fan who is unfairly criticized for his leadership at times also. So there is a double standard for the 2.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad