Matthews, Marner and Nylander vs Scheifele, Laine and Ehlers

Which trio (leafs vs jets) combines for for points next year

• Total voters

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
The scary thing is last year the ppg between all three players was scary close, like damn near the same

Matthews 1.01 Scheifele 1
Marner 0.84 Laine 0.85
Nylander 0.74 Ehlers 0.73

The difference last year was mere a point or two between all comparables. And the marginally more healthy team last year won(leafs). Who ever is healthier this year even by a slim margin should win this year. Unless a player(s) like explodes offensively which is anybodies guess among these great young talents.
One of the best polls on hf tbh, super close.

Reactions: dukeofjive

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
How is it that every player on the Jets is the product of some other Jets player...it’s a never ending cycle.

Come on now. Marner does not need other players to get assists. He assists on his own goals. He is that good

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Laine has 1 more career point than Marner while playing with way better linemates. Marner has shown he can run a line from the wing while Laine has not, only being an elite finishing piece on a line. I don't think Laine > Marner
But Laine is the much better goal scorer, or does that argument only work when trying to compare matthews to mcdavid?

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Add Tavares and Wheeler and it could still go either way

Last year in his 30's, Wheeler demolished his previous high. Does he go back 25-35, or continue with 25-65 at age 32?
I have no idea what JT will do with the Leafs. He ebbs and flows-he should produce anywhere from 65-85pts.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
No, the factor is that you only ever vote for the Leafs/Leafs players. Don't pretend otherwise.

If Tavares is indeed the "factor that makes you say Leafs". Why doesn't potentially adding Wheeler get brought into conversation?

I explained above. Can a 32 year old Wheeler, replicate his 30pt jump, unlike his past seasons?

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I explained above. Can a 32 year old Wheeler, replicate his 30pt jump, unlike his past seasons?

He likely doesn't have to replicate it though. His 91 points were 5 more than Tavares's career high, and he's had more points than Tavares in 3 straight seasons now, with 74 and 78 the previous two years.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
should be close, even with the jets trio getting their huge advantage in PP time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad