Matthews, Marner and Nylander vs Scheifele, Laine and Ehlers

Which trio (leafs vs jets) combines for for points next year

• Total voters

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
In terms of point production, could be extremely close; I see Matthews, Scheifele, Laine, and Marner likely all being in the 80-90 range, and Ehlers and Nylander around 65-75. Not gonna bother voting

Buf fan in Nash

Jul 18, 2018
Nashville, TN
They will produce similar numbers. The big factor is contracts and while we aren't sure what Laine will get i don't think it will be more than $1m/per more than Marner gets.

Scheifele @ 6.125m > Matthews 10m-11m?
Laine = Marner (I expect Laine to get singed for slightly higher and they are close already)
Ehlers @ 6m per > Nylander @ 7m-8m?

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
Laine has 1 more career point than Marner while playing with way better linemates. Marner has shown he can run a line from the wing while Laine has not, only being an elite finishing piece on a line. I don't think Laine > Marner

Well the thing is, Laine does his job much more effectively than Marner does his.

Reactions: Snowman

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
It's actually kinda crazy how close their points were last year.

I'd say the biggest determining factors in who scores more will be effectiveness of each team's powerplay, icetime and obviously health.

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
If they don't do the work for him he doesn't score....that simple!!!

C'mon you honestly believe you can score 44 goals by being deadweight....? Have a look at every goal his past 2 seasons...many arent a goal if that isent laine shooting and quite a few are where it is mainly laine doing most or all the work....its not in the ozone that laine needs help....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad