Friedman: Matthews likely to sign a 5-6 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
You talked **** to a guy who said Matthews wants big money. Is he wrong? Will Matthews sign for 8 and take discount? No. It’s a legit statement. He wants to be paid and it’s in best interest of leafs to do that.
Well, lets just say that I highly doubt he's spoken to Matthews about his contract demands....so sure, he may be wrong....or he may be right. But in actuality, he doesn't have a f***ing clue....like the rest of us.

Reactions: Pocket Hercules

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Well, lets just say that I highly doubt he's spoken to Matthews about his contract demands....so sure, he may be wrong....or he may be right. But in actuality, he doesn't have a ****ing clue....like the rest of us.

Yeah but realistically do you see him taking say 8 mil? He’s worth big money and a fair contract will give him that. Leaf fans said 11-11-5 so it’s not really his fault.

I see more 10 if 5-6 years.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Imagine if Mcdavid signed a 5 or 6 year deal. Toronto fans would be screaming here about how he wants to leave. So i guess this means Matthews wants to get to ufa asap so he can move to Arizona.
How long did Gaudreau sign for?

MDarn17

Jan 15, 2019
Why does everyone think Matthews is going to go to Arizona the first chance he gets? Even if he does sign a 5 year deal, and decides to test the market.. I am sure there will be many options that are better than Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad