Matthews has grabbed the torch from Ovi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe n

Aug 12, 2019
To be fair, it's a bias that's earned. Leafs are kind of in the same position as the Blues were. Yeah, you can load up a team but you can't win it all or even get out of the first or even second round? Leafs have to prove it and there's only one way to do that.

Ovie proved it. The Blues proved it. We're waiting, Leafs.
how many years did it take him to prove it

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Ovi doesn’t have a torch to pass to Matthews. Crosby had the torch and he passed it to McDavid couple years back.

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
The guy has 16 goals in 16 games and 1 period now. He would be in the lead this season regardless of the divisions. Get used to it.
Did I say anything to the contrary of that though?

My post was replying to a comment trying to compare 2 things that were not remotely similar. I’ve already been on the record multiple times here saying that he’d likely be leading the league in goals right now even if it was a normal season. Maybe not 16 in 16, but still leading regardless. Seems like you’re making an issue out of nothing.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Matthews
Goals: 16 (1st)
ESG: 11 (1st)
GWG: 5 (1st)
ESP: 20 (1st)

Kid is gonna be a Hart finalist if he can avoid a major injury

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Matthews
Goals: 16 (1st)
ESG: 11 (1st)
GWG: 5 (1st)
ESP: 20 (1st)

Kid is gonna be a Hart finalist if he can avoid a major injury

They shouldn't hand out league awards when they're playing exclusively against certain teams

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Did I say anything to the contrary of that though?

My post was replying to a comment trying to compare 2 things that were not remotely similar. I’ve already been on the record multiple times here saying that he’d likely be leading the league in goals right now even if it was a normal season. Maybe not 16 in 16, but still leading regardless. Seems like you’re making an issue out of nothing.

Sometimes I get a little carried away, forgive me. :laugh:

Reactions: filinski77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad