Matthews has grabbed the torch from Ovi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Scored in 7 straight, 2 goals last game, and 10 goals on the season. Is Matthews going to win the Richard this season? Ovi is currently at 3 goals and has looked a little shaky. Though he's caught some misfortune and rust in missing 4 games to the covid list.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
upload_2021-2-7_10-24-31.gif

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
I think he will, they've been close to equal goalscorers since Matthews entered the league but we're talking about probably the greatest goal scorer of all time, so in the interest of proper respect Matthews has to win the Rocket to take the torch. And frankly it's quite likely Matthews and Pasta take over together.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
I’ll wait more than a few games.

4 games off isnt nothing, slow starts, any player including ovi has some down stretches.. then Explode for a bunch in some games

He will one day; maybe this year, but I’ll believe it when I see it.

Especially if the Caps PP can get over their issues... more games against the Bruins is helpful too

Tho the entire north division will be a bonus for Matthews so, who knows lol. Looks like easy pickings

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Pastrnak is holding the torch as well

I think he will, they've been close to equal goalscorers since Matthews entered the league but we're talking about probably the greatest goal scorer of all time, so in the interest of proper respect Matthews has to win the Rocket to take the torch. And frankly it's quite likely Matthews and Pasta take over together.

yeah i agree its Matthews and Pastrnak then the rest

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Scored in 7 straight, 2 goals last game, and 10 goals on the season. Is Matthews going to win the Richard this season? Ovi is currently at 3 goals and has looked a little shaky. Though he's caught some misfortune and rust in missing 4 games to the covid list.

Ovi and Pastrnak who are the 2 best goal scorers in the NHL face must steeper competition in their division then Mathews does in the pathetically weak and non-defensive northern division. For this year Mathews will definitely score more goals, but this is a one off year, so he and his TO teammates better enjoy it while you can.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Ovi and Pastrnak who are the 2 best goal scorers in the NHL face must steeper competition in their division then Mathews does in the pathetically weak and non-defensive northern division. For this year Mathews will definitely score more goals, but this is a one off year, so he and his TO teammates better enjoy it while you can.
Preparing the excuses early. Nice.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
lol can this shitty narrative die already.

im sure Matthews' 47 in 70 last year in a normal year is just the same.

And Pastrnak and Ovechkin will have just as much fun playing NYI/NJ/NYR/BUF this year multiple times as well.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Matthews would have won two rockets already if he got to play against the Leafs defense 5 times a year like Pasta did. Or so they tell me.

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street

Feel free to put an asterisk on it, if it makes you feel better.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
lol can this shitty narrative die already.

im sure Matthews' 47 in 70 last year in a normal year is just the same.

And Pastrnak and Ovechkin will have just as much fun playing NYI/NJ/NYR/BUF this year multiple times as well.

LMAO. if three of those 4 teams were in the north they would rank 2nd, 3rd, and 4th in goals allowed behind only Montreal, and the last one would still be ahead of Edmonton, Vancouver, and Ottawa.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
One off year?????
Have you been living under a rock? He was 1 goal away from winning the rocket last year in a season that was abruptly ended.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
LMAO. if three of those 4 teams were in the north they would rank 2nd, 3rd, and 4th in goals allowed behind only Montreal, and the last one would still be ahead of Edmonton, Vancouver, and Ottawa.
i dont think any of those teams make the playoffs in the North. at least not top 3.

and to pick montreal out of all the options is funny too.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
He most likely wins the Rocket this year. But I wouldn't be shocked if Ovi has some crazy burst in goals like he did last season to make the gap a little less. But he and Pasta are already in a hole.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017

Tiresome. Matthews, Ovi and Pasta have already been scoring at the same clip, Ovi will(some day) slow down and Matthews and Pasta will take over. That's not a hot take and it's not a new one either. No need for salty garbage posts like yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad