Matthews and Campbell named to All-Star Rosters

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Congrats to our boys. Nice to see Campbell get the recognition he deserves after he was left off the Olympic list for USA. Soupy needs to stay in TO.

Reactions: ToneDog

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Should have been:

Marchand --- Matthews
Huberdeau -- Barkov
Stamkos --- Batherson

Hedman
Ekblad
Rielly

Vasilevskiy
Campbell

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Dunno, this season aside, Kuemper's numbers look very similar to Mrazek's. You're not wrong but we'd basically be deciding we have no shot in the playoffs anyway if we go in with two Mrazek's sharing the net.

I subsequently looked up Kuemper's contract and he is making too much but I believe is a UFA so if he could be had for Mrazek money, I'd be interested. Otherwise I'd try to get Newhook instead.

At the end of the day I doubt Leafs entertain moving Soup as it would send the wrong message. It is too bad because if they are knocked out by Tampa in round 1, we may have wasted a good asset. Personally I'd rather have another team roll the dice on a goalie playing well but who has not won a round while we stock the cupboard.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
$5m or less

Interesting thing about "Dubas Dollars".

Here's how the top 5 teams rank in payroll.

2. TBL $89.2
12. CAR $83.6
13. TOR $82.4
15. COL $82.0
16. FLA $81.6

And the Leafs actually project to have more deadline capspace than any of them.

Reactions: Nylanderthal

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Interesting thing about "Dubas Dollars".

Here's how the top 5 teams rank in payroll.

2. TBL $89.2
12. CAR $83.6
13. TOR $82.4
15. COL $82.0
16. FLA $81.6

And the Leafs actually project to have more deadline capspace than any of them.
Aside from the Marner situation which was completely mishandled by both sides. I think pretty much every other deal has shown to be at minimum good value.
The biggest mistake Kyle’s made was listening to sweet Lou when he was his apprentice. “If you have time, use it. “ definitely burned him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad