Matthews and Campbell named to All-Star Rosters

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Well deserved by Matthews and Campbell. That being said the all star game without Crosby, Kane, Marchand, Panarin and Kadri for the season he’s had shows just what a joke the whole format and the All Star game is. Who needs a player like Crosby when you can have Batherson :laugh:

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Well deserved by Matthews and Campbell. That being said the all star game without Crosby, Kane, Marchand, Panarin and Kadri for the season he’s had shows just what a joke the whole format and the All Star game is. Who needs a player like Crosby when you can have Batherson :laugh:

NHL is so dedicated to “parity” they’ll de-legitimize their own All-Star event just so every team can have a player representative.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Barkov, Mcavoy, Rantanen, Josi, Kopitar and the list goes on. NHL all-star game is a joke

Reactions: Oscar Peterson

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Kyper says price for Campbell is now north of $6m. I'd think long and hard if I could move him to Colorado for Byram, Keumper/prospect and a 1st.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Kyper says price for Campbell is now north of $6m. I'd think long and hard if I could move him to Colorado for Byram, Keumper/prospect and a 1st.
6 on the open market? What does that translate to in Dubas dollars?

Reactions: ToneDog

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On

it was a gamble to wait, and a gamble to sign Mrazek.
Now they have a Soup possibly pricing himself out and a backup that can't stay healthy

Reactions: ToneDog

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
6 on the open market? What does that translate to in Dubas dollars?

Dubas can no longer deal in Dubas dollars. Other than his two offseason misses (20 and 35) he has been good lately. Kyper says price was $5+m earlier but now it is $6+m. Unless they want to move Marner, you gotta sell high or he will walk.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Dubas can no longer deal in Dubas dollars. Other than his two offseason misses (20 and 35) he has been good lately. Kyper says price was $5+m earlier but now it is $6+m. Unless they want to move Marner, you gotta sell high or he will walk.
Stupid cap.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Nick Suzuki is an odd pick, what's he done this season?

EDIT: Oh... realized they have to take at least one player from every team
its stupid and players who earned the right to be selected and this might be their only chance have to sit out
I agree with what MacKinnon said on Kadri
imo All-Star games started to get out of hand right around that time where Kessel was picked last
could be wrong though

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
download.jpeg.jpg

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
its stupid and players who earned the right to be selected and this might be their only chance have to sit out
I agree with what MacKinnon said on Kadri
imo All-Star games started to get out of hand right around that time where Kessel was picked last
could be wrong though

To be honest Phil is having the last laugh. He's got 2 rings and is getting to borderline hall of fame numbers.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017

Dunno, this season aside, Kuemper's numbers look very similar to Mrazek's. You're not wrong but we'd basically be deciding we have no shot in the playoffs anyway if we go in with two Mrazek's sharing the net.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Campbell and Matthews are all-stars and its their all-star season like performances that Leafs can thank for their current position in the standings as both players who are among the best that their positions are carrying their team.

Being named as an all-star only added $$$ to Campbell next contract in negotiating talks.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Campbell and Matthews are all-stars and its their all-star season like performances that Leafs can thank for their current position in the standings as both players who are among the best that their positions are carrying their team.

Being named as an all-star only added $$$ to Campbell next contract in negotiating talks.
Yep without a doubt. I guess it’s better than him playing like crap, not being an all star and lowering his value.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Yep without a doubt. I guess it’s better than him playing like crap, not being an all star and lowering his value.

Agents always use all-star appearances and awards to their clients advantage come contract time, and if Campbell's outstanding play this season based on personal stats alone isn't enough then this well deserved recognition earning him an Atlantic team nod only solidifies it.

This has to also be a huge confidence boost to Campbell who has never started more than 27 games in a regular season, to be named an NHL all-star on the merit of his play.

This was suppose to be a 1a/1b tandem goaltending plan in Toronto this year with Mrazek sharing the workload and if that was the outcome then Campbell wouldn't be named here if he had 10-12 less starts this season.

So far everything seems to be breaking Campbell's way and in turn the Leafs as a result, except for next $$ contract $$.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
The NHL All Star game should be cancelled, and the time should be used to reschedule previously cancelled games due to COVID-19!

If I were an NHL player, I would BOYCOTT this game due to being told I COULD NOT GO to the Olympics to play for my country !!! It makes no sense to keep players from going, and yet hold the All Star game anyways !!! Not cool in my books!

NHL being greedy as usual!

There is a huge difference between one game and 15 days.

Additionally, getting back into the country if any non-citizen is infected.

I agree about the Showcase Game, but I guess a huge part of that is sponsors. Maybe the players will agree to a 10% cut of everything above minimum?

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Agents always use all-star appearances and awards to their clients advantage come contract time, and if Campbell's outstanding play this season based on personal stats alone isn't enough then this well deserved recognition earning him an Atlantic team nod only solidifies it.

This has to also be a huge confidence boost to Campbell who has never started more than 27 games in a regular season, to be named an NHL all-star on the merit of his play.

This was suppose to be a 1a/1b tandem goaltending plan in Toronto this year with Mrazek sharing the workload and if that was the outcome then Campbell wouldn't be named here if he had 10-12 less starts this season.

So far everything seems to be breaking Campbell's way and in turn the Leafs as a result, except for next $$ contract $$.

And everything was breaking Johnson’s way. We signed him for long term.

And Holl. And kappy. And engvall.

who knows how the end of the year works out.

long way to go

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad