TSN: Matthews admitted having covid-19 and now he is healthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
You reap what you sow, if what Simmons did was so despicable, it should be the last you hear from him........

Thank f***. Hes a hemmoroid on the ass of reporting.

I once asked Simmonds why he was such an asshole when I ran into him after the game one night. He told me if I didnt like it go cheer for the habs so i dont have to hear him. Dead to me right there. Now this debacle. Be gone simmonds... be gone.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
None of your business. You don't need to boycott a company every time you disagree with actions that certain individuals did. I certainly lost a lot of respect for the individuals involved.
as a consumer it's exactly what you should be doing, don't like the way Sun Media does business? Don't give them your business. If consumers did this instead of whining about a companies ethics said company would either improve the way they do business or be out of business. It's as simple as that.............

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013

I once asked Simmonds why he was such an asshole when I ran into him after the game one night. He told me if I didnt like it go cheer for the habs so i dont have to hear him. Dead to me right there. Now this debacle. Be gone simmonds... be gone.
I'd have said the same thing to a random stranger shit talking me.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
as a consumer it's exactly what you should be doing, don't like the way Sun Media does business? Don't give them your business. If consumers did this instead of whining about a companies ethics said company would either improve the way they do business or be out of business. It's as simple as that.............
Agreed.

Reactions: rumman

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
None of your business. You don't need to boycott a company every time you disagree with actions that certain individuals did. I certainly lost a lot of respect for the individuals involved.

So you get off on reading people who you don't respect so you can complain about their news being reported while helping to spread the news yourself with dozens of posts. To each his own I guess, knock yourself out. I don't read the Sun myself, good to know that I can still find out when they print dumb things thanks to people like you who come here to rage about it. Outrage sure is ironic sometimes. :laugh::laugh:

You reap what you sow, if what Simmons did was so despicable, it should be the last you hear from him........

I know right? If he's so clearly broken these privacy laws and whatever else, he'll be dealt with and if not, then not. Seems pretty simple.

I refuse to join the lynch mob and instead, prefer to see how it all shakes out. So sue me I guess while you're at it (not directed at you).

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

You gotta admit though, that's pretty funny and on point.

It's obviously his shtick to come off as this dick, seems like he's made a pretty good career out of it as well. If it wasn't him it would be someone else which is why I can't be mad at the guy as all he's doing is giving people what they clearly want. It wouldn't surprise me if he was a super nice guy outside of work.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
as a consumer it's exactly what you should be doing
As a consumer, I can make my own choices and voice my dislike of unethical actions to direct change. Whether or not I boycott them is nobody's business but my own. An individual boycott actually achieves a lot less than a collective voice against something.
So you get off on reading people who you don't respect so you can complain about their news being reported while helping to spread the news yourself with dozens of posts.
Actually, I didn't say I read them. I said that a boycott is not a requirement for voicing a dislike of scummy and unethical actions, and what I choose to do is none of your business.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
As a consumer, I can make my own choices and voice my dislike of unethical actions to direct change. Whether or not I boycott them is nobody's business but my own. An individual boycott actually achieves a lot less than a collective voice against something.

Actually, I didn't say I read them. I said that a boycott is not a requirement for voicing a dislike of scummy and unethical actions, and what I choose to do is none of your business.

A boycott achieves a lot more then whining on this board. Actions speak louder than words, always have, always will. But of course you're free to do as you like, if you think your posts here are going to impact anything then ... I admire your optimism, let's put it that way.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
He's a morally corrupt clown looking for attention, as usual. He did not need to confirm the already wide spread rumor and thinking he was just doing his job is a hollow argument. People don't want or need private medical information and if you do, then well it says a lot about who you are!

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
We as torontonians and toronto maple leafs legendary (biggest and most richest) organizations with the most fans and also the most journalists prove once again ourselves being the BIGGEST and most POWERFUL ice hockey organization in the whole WORLD(!) Look at these debates. None of the other organizations have these type of talk and buzz, never, cause they don't have so many journalists and broadcast people our great organization doos. Mayne we tough and hard! Others are jelious, but don't be alarmed. Nothing new. :clap:

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
A boycott achieves a lot more then whining on this board.
I'm not whining. I'm voicing my opinion about the occurrence, which is what you do on a message board. And actually, no, talking about something and spreading it is how change is made. Not staying quiet and making individual choices that the company won't even notice.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I don't have proof, that's why my sentence ended in a question mark.
I don't really have a problem with it being released, had Simmons not done it someone else would have and if that was someone people liked, there wouldn't be such outrage.
If attention wasn't drawn to it here by those outraged, I never would have known.
Simmons is a goof, that's not something new.
He'll continue to be a goof as long as he's given attention.

See this right here is what many people have a problem with and are refuting. Other reporters have said they knew and didn’t report the name. If Simmons hadn’t named Matthews there’s a good chance it would’ve just been an unsubstantiated rumour we’d hand-wring about it until (if ever) Matthews and the Leafs confirmed it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dekes For Days

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
See this right here is what many people have a problem with and are refuting. Other reporters have said they new and didn’t report the name. If Simmons hadn’t named Matthews there’s a good chance it would’ve just been an unsubstantiated rumour we’d hand-wring about until (if ever) Matthews and the Leafs confirmed it.
Sure it's possible that it wouldn't have come out, no one can say for sure either way.
IMO, in this day and age it's extremely unlikely it wouldn't have come out.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
He's a morally corrupt clown looking for attention, as usual. He did not need to confirm the already wide spread rumor and thinking he was just doing his job is a hollow argument. People don't want or need private medical information and if you do, then well it says a lot about who you are!
I wasn't looking around for information when this thing initially came up. But also...who are you kidding? Every time a player goes down in a game you see nothing but a string of comments wanting private medical information :laugh:. If a player was mysteriously put on the IR do you really think no one would be asking what was wrong with them and wanting to know? Definitely a discussion to be had on the topic in general and if that should be the case. But it definitely in the case. People want to know about the conditions of the players on their team.

The current move to just put a blanket statement on every injury/illness/etc shows how that isn't how things have been done. Which is probably why Simmons will continue to go on doing what he does. Not very classy. But can't imagine he's going to be stopping it any time soon.

Much as anything it will be kind of interesting to watch the outrage on this continue on. Only to immediately have people start demanding to know what happened when someone gets hurt in the playoffs...Be a bit more interesting if this turns into a longer lasting change where absolutely no information about health or injuries is released.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I'm not whining. I'm voicing my opinion about the occurrence, which is what you do on a message board. And actually, no, talking about something and spreading it is how change is made. Not staying quiet and making individual choices that the company won't even notice.

People boycotting their product is about the only thing any company cares about. Thinking otherwise is pretty naive.

See this right here is what many people have a problem with and are refuting. Other reporters have said they new and didn’t report the name. If Simmons hadn’t named Matthews there’s a good chance it would’ve just been an unsubstantiated rumour we’d hand-wring about until (if ever) Matthews and the Leafs confirmed it.

It's possible. Still, if "everyone knew" as some have said, it's hard to imagine that it wouldn't have leaked out eventually. I'm still waiting for someone to explain how "everyone knew". If Simmons wrote the story then it doesn't seem likely that he went around sharing his scoop with everyone so how did they know?

It's hard to think of any other explanation then there were a lot more people than just Simmons who didn't respect Auston's privacy.

Reactions: ACC1224 and rumman

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
People boycotting their product is about the only thing any company cares about. Thinking otherwise is pretty naive.

It's possible. Still, if "everyone knew" as some have said, it's hard to imagine that it wouldn't have leaked out eventually. I'm still waiting for someone to explain how "everyone knew". If Simmons wrote the story then it doesn't seem likely that he went around sharing his scoop with everyone so how did they know?

It's hard to think of any other explanation then there were a lot more people than just Simmons who didn't respect Auston's privacy.

1.) how ANYONE can believe in this world watching what has gone on with name changes and firings and shows getting cancelled in the offseason where there are no ratings. That internet outrage isn’t effective is just nuts.

look around the world right now. Cancel culture, as vile and ridiculous as it is. Is the most effective tool
Out there

2.) again there were multiple internet posts. Mckenzie said he wasn’t saying. Mirtle came out and said. That the athletic. Tsn and SPORTSNET all knew and chose not to say anything

3.) how many tests have their been? How many people have been outed like Matthews? Just the one.
If “it would leak out eventually” why hasn’t everyone else? Why hasn’t Simmons done that?

literally ONE guy. ONE time decided to do it. And no one has since.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
In red.

1.) how ANYONE can believe in this world watching what has gone on with name changes and firings and shows getting cancelled in the offseason where there are no ratings. That internet outrage isn’t effective is just nuts.

look around the world right now. Cancel culture, as vile and ridiculous as it is. Is the most effective tool
Out there

Not sure I'm understanding you here. Are you saying complaining about Simmmons on this forum could get him fired? I really don't think so, people bitch about things here all the time, it's not exactly I can't breathe or the metoo movement.

2.) again there were multiple internet posts. Mckenzie said he wasn’t saying. Mirtle came out and said. That the athletic. Tsn and SPORTSNET all knew and chose not to say anything

I'm asking how the hell did everyone know?

3.) how many tests have their been? How many people have been outed like Matthews? Just the one.
If “it would leak out eventually” why hasn’t everyone else? Why hasn’t Simmons done that?

Why hasn't Simmons done what?

literally ONE guy. ONE time decided to do it. And no one has since.

Maybe there aren't any more cases where someone wants to keep it private yet "eveyone knows".

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
People boycotting their product is about the only thing any company cares about.
A collective voice saying or doing something is much more impactful than a single person quietly deciding whether or not to give somebody their insignificant amount of money. Unethical actions deserve to be called out and shamed. Stop gatekeeping valid criticism.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

? there are how many confirmed cases in the NHL right now?

how many names are out there? Why hasn’t any other name been leaked

the PA made this Non outing a priority... it was part of the CBA.

Why bother? With millions on the line they negotiated for their privacy and how positive tests are handled

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
A collective voice saying or doing something is much more impactful than a single person quietly deciding whether or not to give somebody their insignificant amount of money. Unethical actions deserve to be called out and shamed. Stop gatekeeping valid criticism.

A few people posting here isn't going to do dick. People have been saying the Sun is just a notch or two above tabloid status for decades, as long as people keep buying their product, I'm pretty sure they don't care what people are saying about them. On the other hand, if enough people stopped buying their product, you better believe they'd take notice.

I get it, you like the Sun and that's fine, from what I remember, their sports coverage was the best among the daily's in this city.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
? there are how many confirmed cases in the NHL right now?

how many names are out there? Why hasn’t any other name been leaked

the PA made this Non outing a priority... it was part of the CBA.

Why bother? With millions on the line they negotiated for their privacy and how positive tests are handled

I'm having trouble following you, sorry. I keep asking how did everyone know if it was a secret? Any ideas?

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
A few people posting here isn't going to do dick. On the other hand, if enough people stopped buying their product, you better believe they'd take notice.
For somebody who apparently thinks posting here will have no impact on anything, you're sure posting an awful lot in here. How do you think you get multiple people to boycott a product or for something to gain enough steam to be noticed without talking to other people? As I said, a collective voice or action means a lot more. People have valid criticisms about something that happened, and are voicing and spreading their opinion. I'm not sure what you think a message board is for.
I get it, you like the Sun
Stop putting words in other people's mouths. I never said I like the Sun. I never said I read the Sun. I never said I pay for any of their products. I said mind your own business. It's irrelevant.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
your only one voice, but there are plenty here that feel the same way you do, if each individual as a single entity boycotted Sun Media, then collectively it would have a impact. I assume you vote? Why bother if your only: "a single person quietly deciding whether or not to give somebody their vote."

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
For somebody who apparently thinks posting here will have no impact on anything, you're sure posting an awful lot in here. How do you think you get multiple people to boycott a product or for something to gain enough steam to be noticed without talking to other people? As I said, a collective voice or action means a lot more. People have valid criticisms about something that happened, and are voicing and spreading their opinion. I'm not sure what you think a message board is for.

Stop putting words in other people's mouths. I never said I like the Sun. I never said I read the Sun. I never said I pay for any of their products. I said mind your own business. It's irrelevant.

I don't post here because I hope to impact anything, I'm pretty sure that goes for almost everyone here. If you think your posts might impact something you may well be the only one.

If you want me to mind my own business, why are you carpet bombing me with responses to my posts?

your only one voice, but there are plenty here that feel the same way you do, if each individual as a single entity boycotted Sun Media, then collectively it would have a impact. I assume you vote? Why bother if your only: "a single person quietly deciding whether or not to give somebody their vote."

Excellent analogy and an even better question. The response should be "interesting". :)

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
I'd have said the same thing to a random stranger shit talking me.

I was not shit talking him. He was sitting at the bar talking and holding court to some people. We were far enough away to not be in the conversation but close enough to hear everything. Hes a rude ignorant ass who only gets worse with booze. He made comments about players families and wives. Our entire table asked him why he covers the sport and the leafs when he seemingly thrives on every shortcoming he can ferret out. He then ranted about us and then told us to go be a habs fan if we didnt like it.

Shits on fans asking civily why hes so negative.
Shits on our best player at the time and lies about a weight "issue" when it was side effects from cancer treatment.
Shits on our best players privacy (again) and outs his covid status.

Still people want to defend this sad excuse for a writer and a human being.

And the fans are the issue. Hes the text book definition of delusion. He thinks his writing is important and timely. It in fact only serves one purpose.

To remind others of how low they have sunk when they see themselves on his level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad