Prospect Info: Matthew Tkachuk or PL Dubois (Round 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
People are making WAY too big a deal about that Dubois quote. He was obviously asked what it would be like to be drafted by the Habs, and responds by complimenting the organization and saying it would be an honour to be drafted by them.

WTF else is he going to say? And the title "One of the top picks in the draft wants one NHL team to trade up for him." Where exactly does PLD say that? The article (and specifically the title) is ridiculously sensational.

Canucks fans do this all the time it's hilarious. "McCann oh he doesn't wanna be here" "Boeser looks stone faced he loooks pissed to be here" Just read way too much into things without having a freaking clue

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011
No he's not

He made an inference by guessing why the article took the tack that it did. Regardless, I don't take it as a big deal. Few players get to play for their home towns at any point in their careers, even as a UFA.

coastal_nuck

Jun 28, 2006
Seriously, you guys have truly lost it if you think his quote means anything definitive about his career. There is no point trying to elaborate any further if you really believe that this quote that 90% of you probably have not even heard directly is indicative of his intentions as a player... several years down the road. Give your head a shake.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Brown at 5 it is. Maybe Juol

It's really not. At this point it'd be shocking if Benning passed on PLD if he's on the board, and some random hometown interview isn't changing that. I bet you can find about 100 quotes like that from the combine from Ontario kids saying the same thing about Toronto, but shockingly players don't seem to be flocking to play there.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
People are making WAY too big a deal about that Dubois quote. He was obviously asked what it would be like to be drafted by the Habs, and responds by complimenting the organization and saying it would be an honour to be drafted by them.

WTF else is he going to say? And the title "One of the top picks in the draft wants one NHL team to trade up for him." Where exactly does PLD say that? The article (and specifically the title) is ridiculously sensational.

I think shortly after the lottery he was also asked what it be like to be Drafted by Vancouver he clearly said

"It will be an honor to be drafted by them, they are in a rebuilding stage. I think I can help them."

literally, crazy nucks fans overthinking crap again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad