Speculation: Matthew Tkachuk MEGA Thread (informs Flames he will not sign long term)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
I think NJ will be very motivated to get Tkachuk. They have been a bottom feeder team for too long and there’s a lot of pressure for them to improve. They have the assets to go get him and the cap space to sign him. I believe they already offered the 2nd OV pick for him. They went after Gaudreau and missed out. They need an impact player, preferably with size. They need Tkachuk more than any other team in the running. So I would bet on Jersey to get him.
Comes down to if he's willing to sign here or not. I'm not so sure

megajake

Aug 24, 2009
If Tkachuk wants to sign in Jersey, they no doubt have the best assets to move. Also would be out in the east opposed to the rumored west teams.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I hear Carolina is going hard for Tkachuk atm. Deal may get done today.
They listed the teams that Matthew Tkachuk was willing to sign long term with , And sorry Carolina wasn't one of them.
1 St Louis Blues.
2 Florida Panthers.
3 Dallas Stars,
4 Vegas Golden Knights.
5 Nashville predators.
6 New York Rangers.
7 New Jersey Devils.
8 Detroit Red Wings.
9 Ottawa Senators.

That was the new list put out.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
They listed the teams that Matthew Tkachuk was willing to sign long term with , And sorry Carolina wasn't one of them.
1 St Louis Blues.
2 Florida Panthers.
3 Dallas Stars,
4 Vegas Golden Knights.
5 Nashville predators.
6 New York Rangers.
7 New Jersey Devils.
8 Detroit Red Wings.
9 Ottawa Senators.

A link to twittern would be nice (not saying this isn't true)

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
Comes down to if he's willing to sign here or not. I'm not so sure
That doesn’t matter to Calgary. They will trade him for the best return no matter what. Jersey was willing to trade the 2nd OV for him without a contract. Players have been traded as rentals before and then loved playing for their new team so much that they’ve resigned.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
That doesn’t matter to Calgary. They will trade him for the best return no matter what. Jersey was willing to trade the 2nd OV for him without a contract. Players have been traded as rentals before and then loved playing for their new team so much that they’ve resigned.
Everything Fitzy does is with the long game in mind he won't trade for a rental. If we were a contender and needed one piece maybe, but we're not in that situation now. If he makes that trade, we falter and he walks ? That's his job

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
1 St Louis Blues.
2 Florida Panthers.
3 Dallas Stars,
4 Vegas Golden Knights.
5 Nashville predators.
6 New York Rangers.
7 New Jersey Devils.
8 Detroit Red Wings.
9 Ottawa Senators.

If that person on Twitter is correct, and based on their history of calling trades and signings early (like naming everything in the Burns trade before everyone else did among other things), there's a decent chance they're right that Carolina is making a serious push to get Tkachuk, then it doesn't matter what the supposed list is.

Also, there's flat out little to no chance some of those teams trade for Tkachuk. Carolina, while being concerned with the cap space, still has more cap space than Vegas and St. Louis (yes, they have a lot of connections to him; I know that's in their favor), and probably Nashville after they signed Nino. Carolina is also just a more serious cup contender than several of the teams on that list and thus makes more sense if Tkachuk wants to have a good chance at winning the cup.

Reactions: TheBigLetowski

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
1 St Louis Blues.
2 Florida Panthers.
3 Dallas Stars,
4 Vegas Golden Knights.
5 Nashville predators.
6 New York Rangers.
7 New Jersey Devils.
8 Detroit Red Wings.
9 Ottawa Senators.

If that is truly the list, I can’t see a few teams really being able to or have the need to add him.
Id say Panthers Knights Preds ( after signing Neiderrieder ) Rangers Sens are all out .

Id say St.Louis , NJ , Dallas, Wings are most likely on that list

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
If that person on Twitter is correct, and based on their history of calling trades and signings early (like naming everything in the Burns trade before everyone else did among other things), there's a decent chance they're right that Carolina is making a serious push to get Tkachuk, then it doesn't matter what the supposed list is.

Also, there's flat out little to no chance some of those teams trade for Tkachuk. Carolina, while being concerned with the cap space, still has more cap space than Vegas and St. Louis (yes, they have a lot of connections to him; I know that's in their favor), and probably Nashville after they signed Nino. Carolina is also just a more serious cup contender than several of the teams on that list and thus makes more sense if Tkachuk wants to have a good chance at winning the cup.
Let's be real here, I doubt Tkachuk cares more about a cup then about money. Money is his #1 priority. He has made that well known.

Sigurd

Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
If that is truly the list, I can’t see a few teams really being able to or have the need to add him.
Id say Panthers Knights Preds ( after signing Neiderrieder ) Rangers Sens are all out .

Id say St.Louis , NJ , Dallas, Wings are most likely on that list
Yeah, there's a lot of teams on that alleged list that won't trade for him.

Let's be real here, I doubt Tkachuk cares more about a cup then about money. Money is his #1 priority. He has made that well known.
Then why aren't teams like Seattle on the list? I'm sure they can afford to throw as much money as possible at him. Seattle is also obviously an American team re: American players wanting to leave Canada.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Curious where you think Carolina would come up with the cap space to sign Matthew Tkachuk?, Needing to remember that he's probably getting 8 years $80,000,000 Carolina only has $4,083,083 to sign 4 players. Don Waddell would need to move out some big contracts to afford Matthew Tkachuk.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Then why aren't teams like Seattle on the list? I'm sure they can afford to throw as much money as possible at him. Seattle is also obviously an American team re: American players wanting to leave Canada.

Calgary isn't trading him with the division unless Seattle puts Shane Wright on the table and I doubt they do that.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
It absolutely matters. Nobody is going to give full value for 1 year of Tkachuk

Sigurd

Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Curious where you think Carolina would come up with the cap space to sign Matthew Tkachuk?, Needing to remember that he's probably getting 8 years $80,000,000 Carolina only has $4,083,083 to sign 4 players. Don Waddell would need to move out some big contracts to afford Matthew Tkachuk.
Why don't you ask the person who clearly has insider connections that I referenced (who I wasn't even the one to originally mention in this topic)? I get that you're a Detroit fan and are clinging to that list that includes your team though.

As I've said before though, a big start is us trading Gardiner to get rid of 4 million, and I'm sure Necas would be involved in a trade for Tkachuk. So, that'd be one less player Carolina would sign. I imagine Bear is gone too since we have enough depth pieces to replace him for a cheaper amount on the 3rd pairing. Where they go from there is anybody's guess. I don't have a crystal ball, but neither do some of the people in here that are so confident Tkachuk will be traded to, and extend with certain teams.

Reactions: chaz4hockey

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Seems like Nashville is an under the radar destination for Tkachuk. Not that far from Missouri, no state tax, good team, great living environment...and the Preds can make the cap work a lot easier than most other teams.

Sigurd

Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Calgary isn't trading him with the division unless Seattle puts Shane Wright on the table and I doubt they do that.
After I made that post, I knew someone would have a counter argument against that specific team while missing the larger point.

The point being that there are several bottom feeding teams with plenty of cap space to give him as much money as possible, and yet they aren't on the alleged list of his.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I have a feeling he's going to Ottawa, play with his bro for 5-6 years, then do one final cash-in contract for a Southern US team at age 30.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
After I made that post, I knew someone would have a counter argument against that specific team while missing the larger point.

The point being that there are several bottom feeding teams with plenty of cap space to give him as much money as possible, and yet they aren't on the alleged list of his.

???? That comes into play for NHL teams, lol. Look at what Bjorkstrand got today, you think that was the same price for the Metro teams on his trade list? No shot. Teams within the division always have to overpay for marquee players. And if that was the case, the initial first leak list would've had Seattle on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad