Player Discussion Matthew Poitras II

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
When did we start benching Seguin was it at the start of the playoffs his rookie season? Poitras is probably even in terms of development just got hurt early. Might be fun to have another teenage phenom in the pressbox for this years run and he can come in at some point in the middle rounds for a few games.

Reactions: Kegs

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
When did we start benching Seguin was it at the start of the playoffs his rookie season? Poitras is probably even in terms of development just got hurt early. Might be fun to have another teenage phenom in the pressbox for this years run and he can come in at some point in the middle rounds for a few games.
Love Poitras and saw him play many times against the Kitchener Rangers and a few other OHL teams. Not quite sure using the word phenom is correct. Seguin was a more skilled OHL player and I don't think he was a phenom. Players like Crosby and Lindros as an example were phenoms as teenagers.

Reactions: Kegs

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
that play where he hit durzi and fell and skated off awkwardly looked like a season ender
when it happened. so not surprising news. sucks for the kid, he was a great story. hopefully
back and in top shape in september.

i'm not a cap expert - how does this affect the roster? assuming not much at $870K.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
This. Guy was getting absolutely dummied out there and not once did the Bruins take a number.
Yep. It pisses me off. Nobody. Not once stepped up for the kid. You're supposed to protect your rookies. We see it all over the nhl. We didn't do that. I'm sure him getting dummied every night didn't help his shoulder.

I wish him a speedy recovery. Great kid.

Reactions: BMC and Carl Hungus

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
What did you expect? The kid was getting drilled every game and there was zero response from the rest of the powder puffs.
This forum gets drilled every night about the crap that went on last night, we can never hear the end of it!
A constant beat down of that BS!.
Give it a freaking rest!.

Reactions: Skelen

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Don't tell me he got hurt at the World Juniors
Nope, he was getting smashed around by opposing teams players. A recipe all too familiar.

This forum gets drilled every night about the crap that went on last night, we can never hear the end of it!
A constant beat down of that BS!.
Give it a freaking rest!.
He’s right though.

Reactions: BMC and Mione134

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
BRUINS MEDICAL UPDATE ON MATTHEW POITRAS

Statement from Boston Bruins Medical Director Dr. Peter Asnis:

“Matthew Poitras underwent a successful right shoulder open stabilization (Latarjet) procedure today, February 7. The surgery was performed by Dr. Thomas Holovacs at Massachusetts General Brigham Hospital. The expected recovery time is approximately five months.”

Statement from Boston Bruins General Manager Don Sweeney:

“Matt has been an important part of our team’s success thus far, and he will be missed. Our medical staff made the recommendation for Matt to proceed with the surgery rather than continue playing with an unstable shoulder and risking further damage. Everyone involved supported the decision as to do what was best for him at this time. Matt is just starting his Bruins career and is a key part of our future.”

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
BRUINS MEDICAL UPDATE ON MATTHEW POITRAS

Statement from Boston Bruins Medical Director Dr. Peter Asnis:

“Matthew Poitras underwent a successful right shoulder open stabilization (Latarjet) procedure today, February 7. The surgery was performed by Dr. Thomas Holovacs at Massachusetts General Brigham Hospital. The expected recovery time is approximately five months.”

Statement from Boston Bruins General Manager Don Sweeney:

“Matt has been an important part of our team’s success thus far, and he will be missed. Our medical staff made the recommendation for Matt to proceed with the surgery rather than continue playing with an unstable shoulder and risking further damage. Everyone involved supported the decision as to do what was best for him at this time. Matt is just starting his Bruins career and is a key part of our future.”
Damn it, poor kid:cry:

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
That really stinks. Really wanted him to come back with another hot streak or two.

I think the limited experience he got at the NHL level this year will really, really help him. He's a year, if not several years ahead of where he should be. Lots to be excited about. Hoping for a smooth recovery.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad