Prospect Info: Matthew Beniers (Round 1, 2 overall)

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
Not much puck luck as of late but he's been excellent defensively. Incredibly smart in finding his man in the d-zone and can be trusted to make a smart play when he as the puck in the d-zone too. He rarely makes "rookie mistakes" it feels.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
You are trying to get a new city bought into the league and don't bother giving them a reason to watch or be vested in it. At least he can't get hurt there I guess.

Yeah. Honestly, I was looking for an excuse not to watch, and now I have it... and it gives players more time to heal. No other team in the league gets this sort of break this year... hope it doesn't lead to rustiness.

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
I don't know who here are new hockey watchers vs long-time, but I think the all star game is worth watching just to get familiar with some of the best players in the game. It is a bummer that the Kraken won't be represented though

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
All-Star is Horseshit most of the time so why bother! Its not like the old days when the Stanley Cup Winner took on the All-Stars. Good to have the break for Beniers and the Kraken its well deserved! Hope Matty is OK and raring to go when they are back Feb 7

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
There is an interesting story on why there are French Canadians in New England(Vermont,Maine,Massachusetts...)The French-Canadians didn't want to be ruled by the British kind of like American history with the British really...have a read

I'm from Nova Scotia and I'll modify that history a little bit. The Acadians were fleeing expulsion and went to many different places, notably Louisiana where they became the Cajuns. They mostly avoided New England where Catholics were brutally mistreated.

Today's New England French instead descend from Quebecois immigrants from the 1800s and early 1900s who came down from Quebec in search of work in the mills. There's about a 90% chance that's where the Beniers family hails from.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I'm from Nova Scotia and I'll modify that history a little bit. The Acadians were fleeing expulsion and went to many different places, notably Louisiana where they became the Cajuns. They mostly avoided New England where Catholics were brutally mistreated.

Today's New England French instead descend from Quebecois immigrants from the 1800s and early 1900s who came down from Quebec in search of work in the mills. There's about a 90% chance that's where the Beniers family hails from.
Canada's big loss is America's huge gain. That's the English alright kill 'em,steal their land and Marginalize as they divide and conquer. Beniers is a great great young hockey player and one doesn't have to be Canadian or American to see that! He's going to be a Seattle Kraken Super-Star someday soon and for many many years!!!Go Matty Go!!! Go Kraken Go!!!

Reactions: kihei

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3