Matt Tkachuk or Mitch Marner

Matt Tkachuk Mitch Marner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar 26, 2010
Two completely different players. Both very effective in what they do.

I go with Marner based of skill. He is on another level.

This poll won’t take long.

Last edited:

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Marner's just too talented in comparison not to take him unless you're already a great offensive team who could use some of the jam Tkachuk brings. Like maybe the Leafs would be better off adding Tkachuk than an identical clone in addition to Marner, but I think there's only a few exceptions

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Marner's best season is 26 goals, 68 assists, and 94 points in 82 games during the 2018-19 Season.

Tkachuk's best season is 34 goals, 43 assists, and 77 points in 80 games during the 2018-19 Season.

So both of them are very good offensively, however so far Marner has proven to be the better player offensive player.

Plus with Tkachuk's reputation for giving out questionable hits and already being suspended three times if he's not in the lineup he can not help the Flames, where as Marner doesn't have a history of getting suspended and missing games for the Maple Leafs due to league discipline.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
As a Flames fan, without contracts I'll take Marner. I love Tkachuk, but he hasn't really shown an ability yet to elevate his game when it counts.

Really Marner is a younger Gaudreau, and Gaudreau > Tkachuk.

Marner's best season is 26 goals, 68 assists, and 94 points in 82 games during the 2018-19 Season.
Plus with Tkachuk's reputation for giving out questionable hits and already being suspended three times if he's not in the lineup he can not help the Flames, where as Marner doesn't have a history of getting suspended and missing games for the Maple Leafs due to league discipline.

All 3 of those suspensions were in the first 1.5 seasons of Tkachuk's career. It's been over 3 years since he's had any disciplinary action. He's gotten a lot smarter with how he plays in order to stay on the ice. The most recent two of those suspensions were both based on context (being involved with/as a player on the bench) rather than the actual action itself, and I think he's smart enough not to pull shit like that anymore.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Regular season hockey? Marner

Playoff hockey? I'll take the pos Tkachuk

Voted Marner

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Marner is better than any Tkachuk to ever play in the NHL. Father and both kids.

Brady I think will end up closer to Marner if he can avoid being a playoff no show like Matt Tkachuk. Like his game more and while not as skilled he has better fundamentals and is a guy who should be able to give 65-75 points while being an actually good fighter unlike Tkachuk who is a instigator who mostly turtles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad