Player Discussion Matt Rempe - See Mod Note Post 769

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The read off of Goodrow's pass to drift to the front of the net before the Vesey touch is actual OZ game sense. I don't know what the f*** Tom Wilson was doing on that play and I'm glad that it was him of all people on that team that ended up in Narnia, but this wasn't an instance of him just happening to be in the right spot, he got him self there.

Lmao given how everything’s gone so far for him if there’s one Ranger I could imagine scoring a Michigan it’s him

The thing is his turning radius is so wide he might put it in his own net when attempting it.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
after a gazillion posts, just stopping by to thank the kid for making me look good in that, as was the case w/Kreider, LaF and Edstrom and others before, he has delivered at least to extent I said he would

Have a great nyr career Remp-meister

• Haha
Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

LoveGoons

Mar 3, 2021
Wilson got away with a couple of cheapies..Time for Rempe to chirp to Wilson that his fight ticket is punched and all he has to drop his gloves.. line Rempe up against him and have Rempe start meowing.!!!

Wilson got away with a couple of cheapies..Time for Rempe to chirp to Wilson that his fight ticket is punched and all he has to drop his gloves.. line Rempe up against him and have Rempe start meowing.!!!
Time for a Gordon Howe hat trick!!

Reactions: HolyHagelin

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
This was unfortunate.

Screenshot_20240423_081312_X.jpg

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

Time for a Gordon Howe hat trick!!
Id be a bit nervous of Rempe going against either Wilson or Dylan M. Those are grown men with grown man strength and experience. If he does go with Wilson at least it gets Wilson off the ice but there are possible downsides as well.

Reactions: Kocur Dill

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Id be a bit nervous of Rempe going against either Wilson or Dylan M. Those are grown men with grown man strength and experience. If he does go with Wilson at least it gets Wilson off the ice but there are possible downsides as well.

He fought McIlrath this year in the AHL. He has fought guys who are bigger and stronger than Wilson most of the year. Hell, Reaves and MacDermid would wipe the floor with Wilson

Reactions: bhamill

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
He fought McIlrath this year in the AHL. He has fought guys who are bigger and stronger than Wilson most of the year. Hell, Reaves and MacDermid would wipe the floor with Wilson
He fought Dylan and he lost to Dylan. He has fought a lot in the AHL and the NHL. He has also arguably lost a lot and taken some punishment. I don't want him to get hurt. I want him to learn to defend himself before fighting monsters so he can have a legit career.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
He fought Dylan and he lost to Dylan. He has fought a lot in the AHL and the NHL. He has also arguably lost a lot and taken some punishment. I don't want him to get hurt. I want him to learn to defend himself before fighting monsters so he can have a legit career.

I don't disagree that he is learning but I wouldn't classify him as needing to avoid it all costs. He can more than hold his own

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
I don’t think he lost to McIlrath at all. He looked surprised to take some shots so he threw him to the ice. Similar to Deslauriers getting buckled by the forehead shot so he went for the takedown. Idiot Flyer fans claim that’s a win. Unbelievably some here too

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I don’t think he lost to McIlrath at all. He looked surprised to take some shots so he threw him to the ice. Similar to Deslauriers getting buckled by the forehead shot so he went for the takedown. Idiot Flyer fans claim that’s a win. Unbelievably some here too

To me it was really even until the end where McIlrath got Rempe twisted around. It's questionable about any impact that last punch has where they both go down. I would give Dylan the edge there but it's not a lot and considering you've a 30 year old seasoned pro vs. a 20 year old first year pro who hasn't grown altogether into his body yet that was a really good go for Rempe whether or not you think he got edged. McIlrath is about as tough as it gets in the AHL and the 20 year old gave him all he could handle.

It's a learning process to fight well and for Rempe fighting guys like McIlrath, Deslauriers, Olivier, MacDermid, Reaves----or the best of the best is absolutely what he should be doing even if he doesn't win them all. He's kind of a monster in the making but a few years down the road with better skating his hitting game will be even better and he'll be a better fighter too. It's a bit like an apprenticeship going against guys like that and at 21 he's already proving he's legit.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
He's kind of a monster in the making but a few years down the road with better skating his hitting game will be even better and he'll be a better fighter too. It's a bit like an apprenticeship going against guys like that and at 21 he's already proving he's legit.
This is a good point. It is like an apprenticeship. When he has more man-strength no one will get to him with that reach. We’re looking at the heavyweight champ that can skate 10-11 minutes every game

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Wilson has NEVER been a real heavyweight. He really only wants to fight guys who are smaller or not good fighters.
Rempe already fought McI, last season when he was even scrawnier and less experienced, and did just fine. Dylan is a standup guy, and fearless, unlike Wilson in both ways, so that is probably more likely.
If Rempe hadn't already fought the level of killers he has this year I might be worried about him facing Wilson. And Wilson knows Rempe can hang with ANYONE, he isn't going to fight him unless he absolutely HAS to.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
To me it was really even until the end where McIlrath got Rempe twisted around. It's questionable about any impact that last punch has where they both go down. I would give Dylan the edge there but it's not a lot and considering you've a 30 year old seasoned pro vs. a 20 year old first year pro who hasn't grown altogether into his body yet that was a really good go for Rempe whether or not you think he got edged. McIlrath is about as tough as it gets in the AHL and the 20 year old gave him all he could handle.

It's a learning process to fight well and for Rempe fighting guys like McIlrath, Deslauriers, Olivier, MacDermid, Reaves----or the best of the best is absolutely what he should be doing even if he doesn't win them all. He's kind of a monster in the making but a few years down the road with better skating his hitting game will be even better and he'll be a better fighter too. It's a bit like an apprenticeship going against guys like that and at 21 he's already proving he's legit.
the punch actually missed Rempe and Dylan sort of bulldogged him to the ice. I remember Dylan being concerned that Matt may have hit his head on the ice. Like I've said, standup guy.

Last edited:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Herman is such a f***ing idiot. Legitimately braindead.

In life as in sports there are people who make so much noise that they fool some people into thinking their opinions are more popular than they really are. There are people who don't like fighting in hockey but they're really a minority. It's the fastest full contact sport and with no out of bounds. Players are going to get mad at each other and fighting has always been a way that the game manages anger when it spills over. I think there are more people that like fighting but just don't want to see someone seriously hurt......and because the 80's and 90's were so violent they want to see some mitigating control over it. And it is down but fighting is a safety valve and also attracts fans. It just does.

Reactions: egelband

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
In life as in sports there are people who make so much noise that they fool some people into thinking their opinions are more popular than they really are. There are people who don't like fighting in hockey but they're really a minority. It's the fastest full contact sport and with no out of bounds. Players are going to get mad at each other and fighting has always been a way that the game manages anger when it spills over. I think there are more people that like fighting but just don't want to see someone seriously hurt......and because the 80's and 90's were so violent they want to see some mitigating control over it. And it is down but fighting is a safety valve and also attracts fans. It just does.

I wonder if this was him when Rempe scored in Game 1.

major-league-randy.gif

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Wilson has NEVER been a real heavyweight. He really only wants to fight guys who are smaller or not good fighters.
Rempe already fought McI, last season when he was even scrawnier and less experienced, and did just fine. Dylan is a standup guy, and fearless, unlike Wilson in both ways, so that is probably more likely.
If Rempe hadn't already fought the level of killers he has this year I might be worried about him facing Wilson. And Wilson knows Rempe can hang with ANYONE, he isn't going to fight him unless he absolutely HAS to.
Both Wilson and Dylan have been trying to get Rempe to drop the gloves. I'm glad Matt has declined. Wilson may not be the most feared fighter but he is strong as an OX and can handle himself. Matt having hung in and survived previous bouts doesn't mean we should risk him unless needed imo. Matt took a lot of punches in a short amount of time. I do not want him to get rocked to the point that the lights start going out fast. He is a good kid. I would like him to learn how to defend himself over the summer so he can fight with less risk. Eating too many punches should not be the goal. Yes Matt fought Dylan and Matt lost to Dylan. Right now there is no reason for that to be repeated. Matt is doing a good job playing hockey and turning down fights.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I thought it was partly a punch to the side of Matts face that took Matt down. It was a fairly close fight but at the end Matt took some hard blows. I thought Dylan won. What I liked is Dylan tried to protect Matts head from hitting the ice. I like respect between fighters.

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad