Waived: Matt Nieto (SJS) - Claimed by Colorado

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
The funny thing is he might become the 5th/6th best forward on Colorado after Duchene, Mack, Landeskog, Rantanen.

He's in competition with Grigorenko, Comeau, Bourque, Soderberg, and Iginla for that title :laugh:.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Yeah I can't remember the last time the Avs added a player and immediately thought "good decision". It's literally been years.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Yeah I can't remember the last time the Avs added a player and immediately thought "good decision". It's literally been years.

Usually fans of the team where the new player comes from tell us it's a mistake :laugh:

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Usually fans of the team where the new player comes from tell us it's a mistake :laugh:

It's to the point where I genuinely hope McFarland just packs up and leaves. We can't keep employing people like Andrew Bodnarchuk and Cody Goloubef and whoever the hell else Columbus barfs up on waivers and hope to ever win games.

19sharks19

Mar 16, 2006
T.O. to S.J. & back
Didn't get past the worst the team in the league. No real surprise there. He'll get to play at least.

Sigh. Wishing you the best Nieto, this should've never happened. Such a shame, he's significantly better than Haley.

yupp. there is a list of guys whom should have seen the door open for them BEFORE Nieto; Starting with Haley then Ward then Boedker then Wingels ,,,,, and if we were able to rid ourselves of those first three, we could have put up with Wingels. Nieto at the least could have and should have gotten us a late round pick,

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
No where to go but up! Put on your rally caps.:laugh:

This is not true. It can get much, much darker if our front office messes up in trading one or more of the few very valuable assets we have like Duchene and Landeskog and not getting young core stuff back.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
This feels similar to picking up Wagner last year, and then waived him where Anaheim reclaimed him. Hopefully we don't waive Nieto too.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
The funny thing is he might become the 5th/6th best forward on Colorado after Duchene, Mack, Landeskog, Rantanen.

He's in competition with Grigorenko, Comeau, Bourque, Soderberg, and Iginla for that title :laugh:.

I thought Soderberg was pretty good for COL last season. What happened?

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

We don't know.

Completely fell off a cliff. New coach and him are obviously not on the same page but he looks very bad right now.

Avs would probably take future considerations for him right now if someone wants to gamble on him bouncing back (which nobody will).

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Soon enough, Nieto will realize that waiver was a better place than playing for the Avs

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
We don't know.

Completely fell off a cliff. New coach and him are obviously not on the same page but he looks very bad right now.

Avs would probably take future considerations for him right now if someone wants to gamble on him bouncing back (which nobody will).

MacDonald + 3rd?

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
This is not true. It can get much, much darker if our front office messes up in trading one or more of the few very valuable assets we have like Duchene and Landeskog and not getting young core stuff back.

Perhaps the Avs say screw youth, experience wins.

Sedin-Sedin-Iginla

I'm sorry, even joking about that makes me shudder.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

He was. But this season he's been a horrible fit under Bednar and looks like he's mentally checked out for the year...which is why I wouldn't be shocked at all if he turned it around after being traded somewhere.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
He was. But this season he's been a horrible fit under Bednar and looks like he's mentally checked out for the year...which is why I wouldn't be shocked at all if he turned it around after being traded somewhere.

Who has been a good fit under Bednar?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad