Speculation: Matt Murray to Chicago

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Murray's game has degenerated...thank God Stan did not make another albatross mistake ..

Rather do Nylander+ a 2nd for ELVIS who will becrightcat home getting barraged with 50+ shots a night in Chicago because Toews plays only 1 way now...Kane never played well in his own end,Keith is now 37 and Seabs 35,and not able anymore to defend...so the 50 shot barrages against are going to be plentiful.
.Murray would crack and not be able to withstand such massive attack time and shots generated by the opps in our zone...ELVIS would just think he was back playing for Latvia facing a ho-hum usual steady diet of shot barrages ...no big deaL ..for hom.

So try to deal for Elvis...not Muray...who if his confidence was shot after falling off a cliff this past season,imagine how much more depressed and lousy he would geys knowing the Blackhawks are so defensively horrible!?

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
So it's confirmed Bowman offered 7yr, 6 mil and a full NMC and was not just shopping to assess the market.

Yes and they were going to give away kurashev (who is basically a top 5 prospect in the NHL) and 2020’s and 2021’s 1st for him

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Murray's game has degenerated...thank God Stan did not make another albatross mistake ..

Rather do Nylander+ a 2nd for ELVIS who will becrightcat home getting barraged with 50+ shots a night in Chicago because Toews plays only 1 way now...Kane never played well in his own end,Keith is now 37 and Seabs 35,and not able anymore to defend...so the 50 shot barrages against are going to be plentiful.
.Murray would crack and not be able to withstand such massive attack time and shots generated by the opps in our zone...ELVIS would just think he was back playing for Latvia facing a ho-hum usual steady diet of shot barrages ...no big deaL ..for hom.

So try to deal for Elvis...not Muray...who if his confidence was shot after falling off a cliff this past season,imagine how much more depressed and lousy he would geys knowing the Blackhawks are so defensively horrible!?

Why the eff would the BJs do that? No chance.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
We shouldn't waste any assets on a goalie. See who is kicking around in free agency and sign someone for relatively cheap and limited term. I'll be displeased if we use assets to get a goalie with so many floating around out there.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
If you can buy low on Murray I think you should consider it. key is buying low. The Pens might get their hand forced if he accepts the QO.
I’m happy it didn’t get done. Maybe things can change with him through better coaching here but I don’t like him as a long term solution. We should explore the sorokin trade again

Hawkey

Sep 15, 2005
I wouldn’t refute that Stan would be make such a ridiculous offer but I’m not sure that really occurred. I can’t see Murray passing on that offer, considering he couldn’t hold a starter job and with what Lehner just got.

Hawkey

Sep 15, 2005
I’ve given SB the benefit of the doubt with the cup wins but this is a business of what have you done lately. His record lately has been abysmal. They haven’t done squat record wise for several years, he has not done well with assets and hasn’t improved the cap situation one bit over that period.

The current contracts on the team are terrible. I can’t remember how many years it’s been since I last thought the hawks had a player on a great contract. There isn’t one bargain contract on the team right now (not including entry level contracts which he has no control over). Everyone is overpaid or barely earning their contract. Other teams find a way to sign their top players to good contracts coming out of their entry level contracts, but he seems to feel the need to screw himself in contract negotiations. Eg, cat - h could have played hardball on a reasonable contract but instead way overpaid. Now as a fan I’m frustrated watching a good player not earning his contract.

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
What is made up?

Mark Madden said Hawks offered 5 x 5 and when it comes to Pens he has track record of some accuracy
If Murray turned that down after the season he just had with the flat cap for the next 3 years he should be committed to an asylum. Same for Stan for offering that if its true.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
If Murray turned that down after the season he just had with the flat cap for the next 3 years he should be committed to an asylum. Same for Stan for offering that if its true.

Agree. Murray's agent should be b**ch slapping Murray up and down the streets of Pittsburgh if Matt turn down that "offer". Stan Bowman should simply be b**ch slapped just for making that offer.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Murray wanted 7M before his season went down tubes from Pens

He and his agent are likely taking stance they would rather bet on him rebounding on short term deal then take a 5 yr deal at 25M

Its very risky gamble that often times players regret but its his choice

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
holy crap, Matt Murray is not a guy I want at all let alone at 5x5 or what ever idiotic other offer people are posting Stan made him...

why exactly did Stan trade Lehner?

oh, I know he is an idiot and so is Colliton for sitting Lehner too much in favour of Crow...

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
We shouldn't waste any assets on a goalie. See who is kicking around in free agency and sign someone for relatively cheap and limited term. I'll be displeased if we use assets to get a goalie with so many floating around out there.
Yep. This. We shouldn’t be using any futures to bring in a goalie. We need a place holder. We aren’t a goalie away from contention.

Reactions: featherhawk

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Murray has swung from overrated to underrated around HFBoards.

He's still a pretty good goalie, and he's young. 26 years old. That's how old Crow was when he had his first reason season in 2011. Murray at 26 has 2 Stanley Cup runs and 200 plus games of experience under his belt.

I'd frankly be down to see what he could do with Waite coaching him. If Waite could make Darling competent, he has plenty of clay to mold with Murray, who has far more talent and a better baseline of technique.

That said, I don't think they'd be able to get Murray at the price they need. But would be worth circling back if he's not scooped up immediately in free agency.
I was never a huge Darling guy but when it comes to raw physical tools and talent he was one of the best in the league. It’s technique and between the ears with Darling. There’s just not many guys that big and that fast.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00