Speculation: Matt Murray to Chicago

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
I’d be all for it depending what he wants on his next contract. I’m sure a lot of people here will not want him because all they did was look at his numbers from last year. He’s still only 26 years old and has proven he can be a number 1. A change of scenery might be good for him.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
I’d be all for it depending what he wants on his next contract. I’m sure a lot of people here will not want him because all they did was look at his numbers from last year.

He was in the 50s in every major stat on a "good" defensive team. Murray in this system would be a diaster waiting to happen. He hasnt been the same since 2017 tbh

Crow

May 19, 2014
I wouldn’t give up more than a 3rd for him if things go south with Crawford negotiations and even then he wouldn’t be my first choice of who is on the market. He needs a very solid backup due to injury concerns on top of his poor play. 2/3 of his last few years were poor.

Reactions: TheDachKnight

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Any real source on this?

Garrioch is Eklund level when it comes to anything outside of Sens

Also Murray makes no sense for a variety of reasons

1) He would cost asset/assets to bring in ,, That would be mistake #1
2) He requires a new contract that will be overpayment and nearly impossible for Hawks to fit under cap ,, That would be mistake #2
3) He is downgrade from Crawford ,, Acquiring Murray to be #1 would be mistake #3

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Any real source on this?

Garrioch is Eklund level when it comes to anything outside of Sens

Also Murray makes no sense for a variety of reasons

1) He would cost asset/assets to bring in ,, That would be mistake #1
2) He requires a new contract that will be overpayment and nearly impossible for Hawks to fit under cap ,, That would be mistake #2
3) He is downgrade from Crawford ,, Acquiring Murray to be #1 would be mistake #3
It really depends. We have no idea what the ask is for Murray, and we have no idea what his extension will look like. It's Stan's job to look into these things. Whether he makes the trade or not, I don't know, but he should be checking these things.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
It really depends. We have no idea what the ask is for Murray, and we have no idea what his extension will look like. It's Stan's job to look into these things. Whether he makes the trade or not, I don't know, but he should be checking these things.
If Murray doesn't cost much to acquire, I'm ok with it. He's a potential long-term solution if he turns it around.

Reactions: TheDachKnight

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
No, unless they're taking back an equivalent amount or more of dead salary.

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
At 26 years old he has decent experience in the league. Just a hair more than Delia and Lankinen who are the same age.

if it’s a pick and a prospect I’d be fine with it.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
For a 3rd or a 3rd and an alright prospect (not anyone with top-6/top-4 potential), sure. Anything more than that, I’ll pass.

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Didn’t the pro scouts find Panarin, Suter, Ruuta, Kempny, Delia, Lankinen???

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad