News Article: Matt Murray on LTIR

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Lol k bud.
I don't really understand why you think they would need to waive Anderson if Murray is gone for a while...
Murray being moved to LTIR just gave the team flexibility, and there was literally zero downside unless Murray was going to be ready and slated to play this Friday.

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
I don't really understand why you think they would need to waive Anderson if Murray is gone for a while...
Murray being moved to LTIR just gave the team flexibility, and there was literally zero downside unless Murray was going to be ready and slated to play this Friday.

-We put him on LTIR so we wouldn't have to waive Anderson

-He's returning now because we're waiving Anderson

-The only downside is if he was ready Friday

Are you trying to set a record for most posts in a row contradicting yourself or what

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
-We put him on LTIR so we wouldn't have to waive Anderson
-He's returning now because we're waiving Anderson
-The only downside is if he was ready Friday
Are you trying to set a record for most posts in a row contradicting yourself or what
There's nothing contradictory at all.
I never said we put him on LTIR so we wouldn't have to waive Anderson. I said we put him on LTIR so we wouldn't have to waive Anderson (or Benn) immediately after the trade. It just gave us more time and flexibility to make our decision, with no downside, since Murray wasn't going to be playing by this Friday anyway. The decision would still have to be made before Murray came back though, and it looks like the decision was made.
There's nothing about Anderson being waived that would suggest Murray is out for a while. It either suggests he's close, or has no relevance to Murray.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
Goaltending has been better then expected and I have faith. Need a guy who can steal a game in a loud rink on the road in the play offs.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Doesn't matter how much a goalie is available to play if they're a negative impact on your team when they do play. That not only doesn't help, it hurts us.
There's currently nothing preventing Murray from playing in the playoffs.
Except the pending next injury that we all know is coming.
it doesn’t inspire confidence when he practices with the team and sits as backup for 5 games in a row and when he finally gets his chance he can’t even make it thru pre game warm up.
He took a high shot from Nylander and skated out of the net and bailed out on the night………then it’s reported he has an ankle injury it something……this is a horrible optic.
He is simply not reliable

There's nothing contradictory at all.
I never said we put him on LTIR so we wouldn't have to waive Anderson. I said we put him on LTIR so we wouldn't have to waive Anderson (or Benn) immediately after the trade. It just gave us more time and flexibility to make our decision, with no downside, since Murray wasn't going to be playing by this Friday anyway. The decision would still have to be made before Murray came back though, and it looks like the decision was made.
There's nothing about Anderson being waived that would suggest Murray is out for a while. It either suggests he's close, or has no relevance to Murray.
So basically you are saying they manipulated LTIR for cap purpose.
Hmmmmmmm not a good look

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
There is no other injury. Just the ankle injury, which is reportedly progressing well.

Where'd you get manipulating LTIR from? They're using LTIR for LTIR's literal purpose.
You have literally said that he went on LTIR so they wouldn’t have to waive a player right away.
honest question here, Don’t you find it strange the way this current injury showed up. Doesn’t it make you wonder that he could sit on the bench as a backup all those games and the first time he gets in he is injured in warm up after taking a high shot.
Dont you even find that a little strange

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
You have literally said that he went on LTIR so they wouldn’t have to waive a player right away.
Yeah... LTIR is there to clear a roster spot and cap space when a roster player is injured. That's literally what we used it for...
honest question here, Don’t you find it strange the way this current injury showed up
I mean, it's not the most common, but not especially. Sometimes you tweak something in warmup.
I suspect they're being incredibly careful with Murray. Their highest priority is ensuring he's 100% for playoffs.

Reactions: Racer88

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Pitt management knew when to quit this guy regardless of the success they had, even Ottawa knew enough to bail.
Come on Dubas, you bought a corked bottle, just dump it down the drain and move on.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Pitt management knew when to quit this guy regardless of the success they had, even Ottawa knew enough to bail.
Come on Dubas, you bought a corked bottle, just dump it down the drain and move on.
Dubas bet on a one legged horse, I mean this guy's injury history should have been more than enough to make them steer clear.
You have to ride the contract out at this point, not sure anyone is gonna take him off your hands unless you include a prime prospect or pick.

Reactions: Niagara Bill

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
As long as he gets a few games in prior to the playoffs it's okay by me. I want to see Woll get another 5-7/8 games with us this season to get a better read on him. If he shows consistent NHL ability he could be an incredibly cap friendly option for the next 2 seasons when we'll really need the space.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Dubas bet on a one legged horse, I mean this guy's injury history should have been more than enough to make them steer clear.
You have to ride the contract out at this point, not sure anyone is gonna take him off your hands unless you include a prime prospect or pick.
An awful trade

Any official update? Apparently he should be good to go next week....
Ya but for how long. He was good to go before warm up started……10 minutes later not so much

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Good place for him, obviously the guy has a bunch of what seems like connective tissue repetitive injuries, they take a long time to heal and if they have already developed scar tissue at the stress points they are almost impossible to rehab, a really slow and painful process. It's almost like he has the body of a degenerative 65 year old.
Hey, I’m only 63.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Leafs have a back to back next Wednesday/Thursday in Edmonton and Calgary. I'm guessing most likely then but I have a feeling maybe they give him the Kraken game this Sunday.
I don’t think he come back as early as Sunday. At the press conference for the ROR trade, Dubas specifically mentioned that Murray would eligible to return in Edmonton on Feb. 28 - although the game is actually March 1.

Reactions: BallardEra

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
Impossible to argue that one.
It's always something with this team. :(

Likely true if the injured goalie is of Vasilevsky calibre and there is no capable backup.

But not likely not true for a Mrazek and Campbell level goalie tandem.

Having shitty goalies (sv% below .900) play 100% of the time is a far worse scenario.

The leafs tandem is a better situation even if Murray is injured.

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street

Classic Dubas any good he achieves is negated buy his stupidity.

Reactions: ToneDog

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Likely true if the injured goalie is of Vasilevsky calibre and there is no capable backup.

But not likely not true for a Mrazek and Campbell level goalie tandem.

Having shitty goalies (sv% below .900) play 100% of the time is a far worse scenario.

The leafs tandem is a better situation even if Murray is injured.
Pretty low bar, IMO.
It certainly doesn't give a lot of comfort as a fan.

Reactions: Petrus

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
Pretty low bar, IMO.
It certainly doesn't give a lot of comfort as fan.

It is a very low bar unfortunately. I would have preferred Kuemper.

I do remain uneasy about our goalie situation because we really don’t know which Murray we have.

Is it the a)good Murray that tracks the puck well and stays high up in his stance or is it the b) bad Murray that tries to anticipate the play and remains low in his stance.

The playoffs are approaching. I hope Murray and Samsonov find their consistency and get into a hot streak just before the season ends.

Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It is a very low bar unfortunately. I would have preferred Kuemper.

I do remain uneasy about our goalie situation because we really don’t know which Murray we have.

Is it the a)good Murray that tracks the puck well and stays high up in his stance or is it the b) bad Murray that tries to anticipate the play and remains low in his stance.

The playoffs are approaching. I hope Murray and Samsonov find their consistency and get into a hot streak just before the season ends.
Yeah, I was very optimistic about the duo at the start of the season but now I'm getting that sinking feeling that goaltending is once again going to hold this team back.

Reactions: Petrus

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
They'd have to be crazy or cap desperate in order to do that.
If Sammy’s the answer in net he’ll want a significant raise , if he isn’t we’re not going to find the answer for minimum wage so yes the team is cap desperate especially since they’ll also try to re-sign ROR and Bunting .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad