Confirmed with Link: Matt Hunwick out this season

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Does this free up room to sign Gardiner if we're doing that, or does that happen after the Risto trade, which probably happens after most of the RFA's have signed?

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Hopefully the perceived convenience of this isn't held against botterill, especially after the berglund thing

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Does this free up room to sign Gardiner if we're doing that, or does that happen after the Risto trade, which probably happens after most of the RFA's have signed?
No. They'd still need to move someone like Risto or Scandella to be able to add Gardiner.

lifeisruff

Oct 29, 2009
wny

Trade Scandella, sign Gardiner for 6.5 * 2 years anyone?

We still need to clear a large contract (either Risto or Bogo), but before these developments just doing that won't have been enough.

Scandella+Hunwick=only about 5.7M in cap space. I doubt that is enough to land Gardner.

Last edited:

dang111

Oct 20, 2017
Some of the comments in here make me sad. People happy that one of our players is injured. Probably the same people clamoring for KO to “look out for his health and retire” when in actuality they don’t care about KO and just want his contract gone.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Congrats on winning a cup. Enjoy your last paycheck and be home wiyh your family. That isnt the way I wanted to see his time in Buffalo end, however adios. Up to bat Vladdy Sobotka.

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005
Some of the comments in here make me sad. People happy that one of our players is injured. Probably the same people clamoring for KO to “look out for his health and retire” when in actuality they don’t care about KO and just want his contract gone.
We're better without him, all that matters

Reactions: Fearnot

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
It's not like Hunwick didn't have injuries prior to this, including his neck. I wonder if he has some disc degeneration?

I might be reading too much into the wording but it says "due to a neck condition." If it is the same was last season's injury before camp even started, then it could be something chronic. After first hearing about it back then, I was expecting him to be on LTIR last season too.

Reactions: Chainshot

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya

Imagine saying this in any other workplace. "My colleague has a condition that prevents him from doing his job! YES!"

Reactions: SabresSharks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad