Confirmed with Link: Matt Greene on Waivers for Buyout

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Yup sorry to see him go. Getting him (with stoll ) was the start of us going from non playoff team to cup champs. So maybe Bernstein isn't totally out in left field with us interested in Polak He does make sense now.

KingsCourt

Aug 15, 2005
wow...was a warrior but his game really fell off...add another line to the dead cap sapce.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Appreciate what Greene contributed from 08-12, but just like with Richards and Stoll, there should have been no consideration whatsoever to re-sign him when his contract was up. Four years was just ludicrous.

The Kings were comfortable committing 10 years and about $45m to Greene and Richards after the 2014 season, just let that sink in.

mattgkg

Jan 16, 2015
...plz don't sign polak...

i hope they bring matt greene into the organization somehow. he was a huge part of the heart of the team.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
I'm shocked, was thinking early retirement.

That must have been hard for Lombardi. Starting to put his money were his mouth is.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Maybe the kings really are interested in polak then.

Sucks to have greene go out this way, really loved his play during his prime.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
If we sign Polak or Schenn, I will lose my ****.

Gonna miss Greener, was so very important for the growth of this team.

Did not at all see this coming.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Appreciate what Greene contributed from 08-12, but just like with Richards and Stoll, there should have been no consideration whatsoever to re-sign him when his contract was up. Four years was just ludicrous.

The Kings were comfortable committing 10 years and about $45m to Greene and Richards after the 2014 season, just let that sink in.

Dean sure loves his character guys. I fear that if there is a team willing to take Brown, Dean might hold back because of that.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Kind of a shocker. I thought LTIR or compete for a bottom 6 role. No takers for a trade I guess

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Dean sure loves his character guys. I fear that if there is a team willing to take Brown, Dean might hold back because of that.

Did you miss the change of captain thing? If any GM were willing to take Brown's contract, I think Lombardi would've drove him to the airport at this point with the same zeal that he had when he went to visit Richards in Canada in the summer of 2014.

I think Lombardi is still about loyalty(if the Kings were to win again, he'd probably bring everyone back again), but that belief has to be shaken up a bit after 14-15 and 15-16.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
If we sign Polak or Schenn, I will lose my ****.

Gonna miss Greener, was so very important for the growth of this team.

Did not at all see this coming.

As much as I don't like it, I fully expect them to do just that, it would seem that Hamhuis would be more financially attainable now (with about $7.8M in cap space before filling other spots with 6-figure players in Budaj, Gravel, Mersch, Dowd etc) that said, Hamhuis could already have a deal in place.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Sad day. Greene was one of my favorite players, a significant leader on this team. Missing 2 out of 4 years, though. Tough.

I'd like to see Matt have a role with the team after he retires.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad