Matt Duchene

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I have no beef with Duchene. It's a shame things worked out they way they did. He talked about the whole ordeal on the Spittin Chiclets podcast and it sounded like he just needed a change of scenery to improve in his career. He has a terrific chance at a cup in Nashville so I'm sure he has no regrets.

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
Come on now gang lets not deny Dutchy's legacy. Along the way of the bumpy ride of his never quite panning out as hoped was our entire top line drafted and legit defense traded for. He'll always be an important part of how we got here.

He should live large in Avalanche lore. The fist pump after falling to third in the draft. The childhood photo of his room decked out in Avs regalia. Living with Footer, coached by Roy, GM'd by Joe. The shootout winner in Vancouver for our surprise playoff berth his rookie year. The bang-bang dance with Stastny.

His knee injury first shift against San Jose in game 70(?) or so our Central division winning season kept him out of all but 2 games of the heartbreaking Wild playoff series. It was all downhill from that moment on. The fact he didn't go public with the trade request at first as a gesture to assist Sakic's trading leverage was from genuine loyalty to Colorado, as was the impromptu comment that he'd like to come back some day being interviewed leaving the Islanders game for Ottawa.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Part of me wants to let bygones be bygones with Duchene, but the other part of me can't forget his 30 goal celly in a blowout, and that he couldn't just give the Avs two more years and walked as a UFA if they still sucked.

Really though I'm thankful that he did ask for a trade, because it brought in Girard and Byram who will help solidify the Avs blue line for about a decade or perhaps longer.

Not to mention Byram I believe allowed the Avs to trade Barrie for Kadri, who should be able to replace Duchene with close to the same production and much better defense. So it all worked out in the end for the Avs.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I have no beef with Duchene. It's a shame things worked out they way they did. He talked about the whole ordeal on the Spittin Chiclets podcast and it sounded like he just needed a change of scenery to improve in his career. He has a terrific chance at a cup in Nashville so I'm sure he has no regrets.

Yep, I don't get the hate at all.

And I'll also say this, if we're going to measure character, then Dutchy has a hell of a whole lot more of it than O'Reilly ever will.

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
Yep, I don't get the hate at all.

And I'll also say this, if we're going to measure character, then Dutchy has a hell of a whole lot more of it than O'Reilly ever will.

wasn't a departure done in bad faith, which can't be said for factor. feel bad for buffalo fans suffering the same.

in the end dutchy was just a little too country for mack's hip hop avs

Reactions: Pokecheque

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad