Value of: Matt Duchene

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
The Duchene trade could go down as one of the worst in NHL history. Colorado will get a high pick to add to the pile pf prospects they already got. Ottawa set themselves back years with this trade.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I think teams will just wait 1 year until he hits UFA to get him. He's not signing in Ottawa, he literally left the Avs cause he wanted to win. Theres no hope in Ottawa. I think he signs in Dallas.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
The Duchene trade could go down as one of the worst in NHL history. Colorado will get a high pick to add to the pile pf prospects they already got. Ottawa set themselves back years with this trade.

There is no need to comment on this being a bad trade.

MVP Hall vs Larsson
Signed Lucic as a replacement

Is terrible and could be considered even worse.

The only reason the Duchene trade is so bad is the unexpected team collapse and laziness in not flipping Turris directly.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I think teams will just wait 1 year until he hits UFA to get him. He's not signing in Ottawa, he literally left the Avs cause he wanted to win. Theres no hope in Ottawa. I think he signs in Dallas.

What else can you tell us with your third eye vision for the future?

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Teams will pay nowhere close to the price Ottawa paid. It’s probably best for them to wait until the deadline to get the best return they can by hoping multiple teams are interested. I’d love him in CAR, but I see no reason why Ottawa would move him right now for what probably would be an underwhelming return.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Teams will pay nowhere close to the price Ottawa paid. It’s probably best for them to wait until the deadline to get the best return they can by hoping multiple teams are interested. I’d love him in CAR, but I see no reason why Ottawa would move him right now for what probably would be an underwhelming return.

Duchene left the AVs to avoid another rebuild (2X since drafted). Sens will be undergoing a rebuild and will need to decide. AVs were his childhood favorite team and still demanded a trade to play for a winner. If the Sens are rebuilding, will he waste his UFA opportunity to stay on a team years away from competing?

Sens could entice him with granting him C and $$$ (unlikely with Melynk) approx $8M per and highest paid, but my opinion is he will leave.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Ottawa would be stupid to trade him now while his value is low. Better to bank on him having a good 3/4 of a season. He may be on a bad team but he'll be motivated for his next contract.

uncleblazer

Jan 12, 2018
I like Duchene so maybe I'm overly optimistic but I hope he had a good off-season and lights it up this season. I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of teams were interested, someone had to be bidding against Dorion. I would think probably similar to what they gave up if he agrees to terms with a team before a trade but definitely a worst 1st rounder.

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009
Duchene's value is less than what Ottawa paid for him, but more than what people who want him on their team will argue he's worth.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Duchene's value is less than what Ottawa paid for him, but more than what people who want him on their team will argue he's worth.
I think he has done value. Besides the first 10 or so games after being traded to Ottawa he was doing playing like the playing pretty good. A 1st is a given. But I don't know if he'll be traded for some unknown assests or not. I could see a lot of teams wanting him. Isles would be a good fit along with others. Don't know if he wants to be part of a rebuild though. I've always been a fan of duchene and would love to see him on the preds. Wanna turris back with some term ;)

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Ottawa would be stupid to trade him now while his value is low. Better to bank on him having a good 3/4 of a season. He may be on a bad team but he'll be motivated for his next contract.

Debatable and there really is no correct answer.

Duchene, EK and Stone are all playing for extended deals which gives them a little more motivation to perform well. It's unlikely their values will be significantly different than at the TDL, I honestly think they're worth more now. Teams can at least get a full season and allow time to blend with his teammates.

Trading the players early is a drastic move to accumulate more picks and prospects and start the rebuild immediately. Sens would still be terrible, but it does allow the prospects more ice time and opportunity to gain valuable experience without any pressure.

AVs underwent a terrible season in 2017 to jettison nearly 1/3 of their team and reached the playoffs the following year. Not only do they play in the toughest division in hockey, but they're also the youngest team.

So it's possible. Sens division is not as deep and they have a stronger farm system and quickly recover. Understandably, the 1st & 3rd picks went to the AVs for 2019, but the collapse was unexpected and is only for the single year. There is no point in debating the Duchene trade along with the lost draft picks. They still have the 2020 picks and blessed with some of the best prospects in hockey.

Sens should make the trades to expedite the rebuild.

Reactions: olli

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Almost like the Barzal for Reinhart pick.

We all know that Chiarelli is an idiot and set the Oilers back with 3 years in a row of "blockbuster" trades. Dorion traded for Duchene knowing full well that he could become a UFA in 1.5 years. Knowing this he still traded Turris (who is a better overall player), a 1st (which could end up being Hughes), a 3rd, Bowers and Hammond. If Duchene doesn't resign at least they can recuperate some of the loss.

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
Probably won't be traded until February. Value is probably a late first plus a good but not elite prospect.

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017

And despite how bad the situation is in ottawa i have a feeling it will get turned around before McDavid leaves edmonton in the next five to six years

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Big three ? Ottawa has a big one and thats about it. Big three lmao. Dont try and steal our nicknames esp when it doesent fit lmao
Sorry, who’s your big 3? I’m not even familiar with your team allegiance. Secondly, yes we have 3 big upcoming free agents on our team. 3 of the best on the 2019 market in fact. As well as happening to be our 3 best players. So unless you’re in a similar situation you should probably familiarize yourself with the context i’m referencing before commenting. Plus it’s clearly nothing to be proud of, it’s actually nothing but a stressful negative at this point, so why would I be bragging about it? Figure it out.

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Ha, well you still don’t have a defence so enjoy bowing out in the first round till Auston demands a trade back home to the desert. I give it 3 years tops. Connor might even outlive him in his first team tenure out in deadmonton.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Ha, well you still don’t have a defence so enjoy bowing out in the first round till Auston demands a trade back home to the desert. I give it 3 years tops. Connor might even outlive him in his first team tenure out in deadmonton.

Shouldn't have taken that bait dude.

Reactions: missionAvs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad