Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Because he believes in the "PLAN" allegedly. :laugh:
giphy.webp

Reactions: BondraTime

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
give it a break.. if what Stevenson reported is true, then 10 million a season for 8 years is not lowballing. The only way that 10 million per is an insult is if the Sens tabled it and said "Take it or leave it" (which we have no idea what happened)

I am no fan of Melnyk, but you guys saying 10 million is somehow an insult is laughable.. it is entirely possible that Karlsson wants a change of scenery and would not have accepted ANY offer

I’d like to see the breakdown of the EK offer... if it’s backloaded it’s a joke

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
and??? what is your point?

I am pretty certain Doughty and the Kings didn't go into a room for 15 minutes and Doughty passed a piece of paper across the table with his number, and the kings said "DEAL"

If you think it worked that way, then you are NAIVE

From what I read, they both had similar thoughts on a number, the Kings sent an offer, Doughty had a lawyer look it over (he chose to save 2 mill and change by not using an agent) and then signed.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Taking anything Dorion says, especially at the sate of the team and plan moving forward at face value is fools gold. He's been continuously wrong in pretty much his full tenure, which is a huge reason why the Sens are in such a ridiculously, comically bad position.

We have good prospects, everybody who went to the dev camp seems blown away.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
We have good prospects, everybody who went to the dev camp seems blown away.
We do have many good prospects, as do most other teams in the league.

Every year we are blown away, I mean the only guy who didn't blow us away(in our managements eyes) was our actual best prospect in a decade in Chabot.

Torso9000

Aug 12, 2011
1. I guess some people are, some people aren't
2. 8-9 AAV
3. Why not?

What would be Duchene's case for getting that sort of an AAV ? He's averaged 55 pts per 82 games the previous 4 seasons - seasons that would be expected to be his peak point producing years given that he's turning 28 this coming season - and spent chunks of those seasons playing on the wing.

Ryan O'Reilly is the exact same age as him, has scored 62 pts per 82 games over the same period, is 100% a centre, and one of the strongest two-way players in the game and he makes 7.5. And even with that, many people think of that as being not a great value. Other than being a former 3rd overall pick and having the lingering prestige that, for whatever reason, seems to stick to players as a result, what compelling argument could Duchene mount for being paid more than that?

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Taking anything Dorion says, especially at the sate of the team and plan moving forward at face value is fools gold. He's been continuously wrong in pretty much his full tenure, which is a huge reason why the Sens are in such a ridiculously, comically bad position.

Completely disagree. The Sens have a bunch of bad press because of EM. We had a terrible season because EK was subpar for numerous reasons, goaltending was really bad, and the locker room was fractured.

We're hardly in a bad position. We'll get a solid haul from trading EK, we have excellent prospects both long term, mid term, and immediate, and we have some excellent roster players right now.

The situation looks bleak because of the off ice issues, and people who were really attached to EK can't fathom us being ok after a trade, and it's understandable, but whatever we get back will be better than last year's EK (as a group, and definitely not further EK if he gets back on track), and a solid locker room will do wonders for our soon to be young squad. We'll be better next year than last year, and should be fun to watch.

It looks like a rebuild by PD, and looking solely at the roster I'm looking forward to next season, even though losing EK will be sad.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Completely disagree. The Sens have a bunch of bad press because of EM. We had a terrible season because EK was subpar for numerous reasons, goaltending was really bad, and the locker room was fractured.

We're hardly in a bad position. We'll get a solid haul from trading EK, we have excellent prospects both long term, mid term, and immediate, and we have some excellent roster players right now.

The situation looks bleak because of the off ice issues, and people who were really attached to EK can't fathom us being ok after a trade, and it's understandable, but whatever we get back will be better than last year's EK (as a group, and definitely not further EK if he gets back on track), and a solid locker room will do wonders for our soon to be young squad. We'll be better next year than last year, and should be fun to watch.

It looks like a rebuild by PD, and looking solely at the roster I'm looking forward to next season, even though losing EK will be sad.
More than fair, to each their own, though I disagree completely

I'm definitely not looking forward to it for a multitude of reasons, EK only accounting for one of them

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
More than fair, to each their own, though I disagree completely

I'm definitely not looking forward to it for a multitude of reasons, EK only accounting for one of them

Your points and position is well met for sure. I really hope this whispering of an impending sale is more than smoke. That in itself would create so much hope going forward.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

Name a team in a worse position than Ottawa.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Name a team in a worse position than Ottawa.

I'll leave that to you, it's totally subjective after all.

We're looking to be a young team with lots of quality players pushing to make the team, and two stars playing up front. It also looks like we're changing the team to play 'the right way' with speed, attacking forecheck, and strong board and cycle play.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

We're looking to be a young team with lots of quality players pushing to make the team, and two stars playing up front. It also looks like we're changing the team to play 'the right way' with speed, attacking forecheck, and strong board and cycle play.
There's absolutely nothing subjective about this team's record in 2018.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
We might have the worst owner but I'd still rather be in the Sens position than the Isles position. they just lost their franchise player for nothing.

Also, wouldn't like to be in the Habs position. However, they have boat loads of money so they could actually do some stuff.

Finally, after the season we had and the fact that Karlsson is most likely getting traded, and also the fact that we had to get rid of Hoffman, I understand why people would not have a lot of faith in the team right now. But I have the gut feeling that it's going to change as soon as next season because the pool will save our butts once again. Just like in 2014-15, no one expected Stone and Hoffman to become such good players that fast.

But I admit Melnyk and Dorion worry me to no end :laugh:

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

If Duchene and Stone are your two stars, you're in pretty big trouble. Compare to other teams in the East:

Toronto: Tavares, Matthews, Marner
Tampa: Stamkos, Kucherov, Hedman
Boston: Bergeron, Pastrnak, Marchand
Pittsburgh: Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Letang
Washington: Ovechkin, Kuznetsov, Backstrom, Carlson

If you keep Karlsson, him alongside Duchene and Stone make for a formidable trio, but there'd still be a ton of work to shore up our depth. Without him though? We're up shits creek.

I get that people want to stay positive, but there are times when teams just have no hope. It happens in every league. Look at the Miami Marlins, Cleveland Browns, Sacramento Kings, San Diego Padres or Orlando Magic. All of those teams have one or two good players, and some nice prospects (except for the Marlins I suppose), but top to bottom, they're hopeless. We're in that category.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad