Value of: Matt Duchene to New Jersey

Rusty8719

Feb 21, 2018
I think Duchene would be a right fit in New Jersey and Ottawa would be happy to unload him for the right package rather than letting him walk this offseason.

What players/picks could you see New Jersey being okay with letting go of to get him and Ottawa being okay with receiving? Could New Jersey out bid most teams looking to get him? Would they take back Ryan? (All of this is under the presumption that New Jersey would re-sign Duchene).

Zacha? Mcleod? Speers? Bastian? Draft picks?

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
Matt Duchene to New Jersey would be a great fit for us and I think if you ask me a die hard devils fan I would give up McLeod and Speers along with 1st rounder either in 2019 or 2020. I would love Zacha to the wing on the top line with Hall and Hischier then have Duchene as my number 2 center with Johansson and Palmeiri as the second line. Line combinations would look like this.
Hall- Hischier- Zacha
Johansson- Duchene- Palmeiri
Coleman- Zajac- Noesen
Wood- Boyle- Bratt
With reserves as Joey Anderson and John Quenneville.

Rusty8719

Feb 21, 2018
Matt Duchene to New Jersey would be a great fit for us and I think if you ask me a die hard devils fan I would give up McLeod and Speers along with 1st rounder either in 2019 or 2020. I would love Zacha to the wing on the top line with Hall and Hischier then have Duchene as my number 2 center with Johansson and Palmeiri as the second line. Line combinations would look like this.
Hall- Hischier- Zacha
Coleman- Zajac- Noesen
Wood- Boyle- Bratt

I'm not super high on Mcelod as being an offensive force so I think he's a good player to give up for the right piece from NJ perspective.

Would you be afraid of a regression from last season in regards to giving up a 1st in any of the next two drafts (even with getting Duchene back)?

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
I'm not super high on Mcelod as being an offensive force so I think he's a good player to give up for the right piece from NJ perspective.

Would you be afraid of a regression from last season in regards to giving up a 1st in any of the next two drafts (even with getting Duchene back)?
I think Duchene wants to be on a winning team and an organization moving in the right direction and New Jersey could be Just that. Their gonna resign Hall and Hischier long term nut they can do the same for Duchene since Boyle,Noesen,Zacha, and few others are headed to free agency. And McLeod has potential and I think Ray Shero knows he wants to win he's not worried about the draft picks.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Hall- Hischier- Zacha
Coleman- Zajac- Noesen
Wood- Boyle- Bratt
Pretty sure Duchene will be the 1C at least for a couple years.

Reactions: Meeqs

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Pretty sure Duchene will be the 1C at least for a couple years.
a #1 centre can still play on the second line. Hall is a first line winger and has chemistry with Hischier. Do we seperate them for you or do we move Taylor Hall down to the second line with Hischier and make Duchene play on the first line with Palmeiri, just so somebody can say that Hall is not a second line winger

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
He wants to be in Ottawa long term and I think he will be. But not a bad proposal at all

That's kind of shocking considering what he said about wanting to be on a winner when he was traded.

I'd be shocked if Ottawa moved him before the tdl though unless they get their 1st rounder back. Tanking does them no good so they need to milk as much production out of him as possible

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
a #1 centre can still play on the second line. Hall is a first line winger and has chemistry with Hischier. Do we seperate them for you or do we move Taylor Hall down to the second line with Hischier and make Duchene play on the first line with Palmeiri, just so somebody can say that Hall is not a second line winger
Separate them for me? Idk what your deal is, but the thing is Duchene is simply better than Hischier rn, and they probably see how they do together.

Kadri and Marner had chemistry. Leafs get an upgrade in Tavares, do they keep Marner with Kadri. Probs not. They go with the better center in Tavares.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Not a chance because he was the num er one center with Colorado and it didn't work out he goes to the 2nd line in Ottawa and he made much improvement.
Okay multiple things wrong here.
1) You confidently didn't quote 75% of my reply, but okay whatever
2) He is the 1C in Ottawa. Theres no question about that
3) He didn't really improve- he stayed good. He's a damn good player, and he remained so in Ottawa as their 1C.
4) He's a better center than Hischier, and it is definitely not "Not a chance"

Idk why I bothered replying, you obviously don't know what you're talking about. Im not even close to an Ottawa fan and I know these things. If he is the 2C who is the 1C? Pyatt?

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
I'm betting he signs with Nashville for less than what he could get elsewhere. Dude seems to be obsessed with country music, and the lifestyle.

Said it was his favorite place to play when on the road, while he was with the Avs.

Reactions: MacBradley

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Separate them for me? Idk what your deal is, but the thing is Duchene is simply better than Hischier rn, and they probably see how they do together.

Kadri and Marner had chemistry. Leafs get an upgrade in Tavares, do they keep Marner with Kadri. Probs not. They go with the better center in Tavares.
I don’t think you get my point. You said that he was a #1 center. Nobody is disputing that. It would just make sense to put him on the second line and maybe see if he has chemistry with palmeiri before separating Hischier and Hall just because Duchene is the better player.
I like this better
Hall-Nico-Bratt
Johansson/zacha-duchene-palmeiri
Doesn’t mean that he isn’t a number one center because I put that.
You can’t compare dropping Marner down to the third line with Kadri to this. Lol

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I would not take on Bobby Ryan's contract in any Duchene deal. The only time I even considered that was for Karlsson

I am not sure what I would give up. I am not as high on Duchene as others, but I realize his speed would be perfect for the Devils. If the Devils could go Hischier-Duchene-Zajac-Boyle down the middle, that would be amazing

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Not a bad proposal including the 1st (unprotected I would assume) but Ottawa would probably ask for a forward and defensive prospect back on the tier of Zacha probably.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Shero has not moved premier assets yet to acquire a player nearing UFA. Even Hall had four years under contract when traded. Shorter term players were traded for second round picks and lower. Not sure NJ offers premium assets for Duchene without some discussion of an extension pre-trade.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Hall- Hischier- Zacha
Coleman- Zajac- Noesen
Wood- Boyle- Bratt

Bratt on the FOURTH line?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
He’s going to end up in Nashville. He’s already wanted out of one trainwreck of a team so I doubt he wants to stick around on an even bigger disaster. Nashville has shown interest before. Duchene has publicly said Nashville is his favorite city in the world and talked about how great it would be to play there. He doesn’t do well with media and fans being on his back and he knows it won’t be like that in Nashville compared to anywhere in Canada. Most of all, the Preds can really use a Matt Duchene to put them over the top.

Reactions: MacBradley

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad