Value of: Matt Duchene to Colorado as a UFA

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
I can see Duchene returning to the AVs, but later in his career. He is likely headed elsewhere if there is enough $$$ (NYR, Philly, NYI or MTL) or opportunity for a championship (NSH, PIT, CBJ or SJ).
I know people are going to jump down my throat here but how far are the isles from
Making a legitimate run if they go into next season only replacing Nelson with Duchene and getting a goalie?

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I know people are going to jump down my throat here but how far are the isles from
Making a legitimate run if they go into next season only replacing Nelson with Duchene and getting a goalie?

NYI has the $$$ to toss his way. Depends if he wants $$$ or playoff hockey.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
That ship has sailed. He isn't coming back. He burned that bridge with his teammates. Listen to Landy and EJ talk about it right after he was traded.

He was a pro til the end but he didn't want to be here and the team doesn't want him here. Hell, they didn't even give him a video tribute for his return.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
You really think the isles would be that far off then?

NYI has great firepower Forwards and needs a 2C and DMen. They have some great prospects, especially D. The lack experience, I believe they're likely 3-4 years away from being competitive. Duchene would fit perfectly into the team as 1C and shield Barzal for a few seasons.

Just not sure if he wants to follow the money.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
NYI has great firepower Forwards and needs a 2C and DMen. They have some great prospects, especially D. The lack experience, I believe they're likely 3-4 years away from being competitive. Duchene would fit perfectly into the team as 1C and shield Barzal for a few seasons.

Just not sure if he wants to follow the money.

He seems like hes more worried about winning than getting paid so I'd bet on him going to a team that's contending or pretty close to it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad