Speculation: Matt Duchene Mega-Megathread | Volume IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I really wish he would join the Habs. But another destination under-the-radar that hasnt been discussed much for Duchene is Ottawa. It make sense, the Sens lack offensive power. He would fit. Now Im not sure which dman here would interest Sakic, something close to Murray in terms of value. Cody Ceci and White? Pageau?

Bruh gotta put that 1st in

just jk, but what do Sens fans think about L.Brown versus White in regards to a trade for Duchene

What about Harpur? whats his deal?

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Bruh gotta put that 1st in

just jk, but what do Sens fans think about L.Brown versus White in regards to a trade for Duchene

What about Harpur? whats his deal?

In regards to Brown vs White...Brown has the higher upside but lower floor. Much more of a boom/bust prospect than White who looks like he can step into an NHL lineup right now.

As far as Harpur, he's looked pretty good in his time in the NHL and seems to be a favourite of the coaching staff. He's stuck in a bit of a logjam at the moment though, especially on the left side, so could start the year in the AHL (will likely depend entirely on how what Chabot shows in camp). He could step in to a bottom pairing role and not look out of place, but I think there's upside for even more. Guy could be a rock solid #4 for a lot of years.

Regardless, if Colorado/Sakic are still sticking to the plan of only moving Duchene for a top-four defenceman/blue chip defence prospect the Senators are out of the running. Cody Ceci is too important to this team (especially with Methot gone and Karlsson out to start the year) and Chabot is obviously a non-starter at this point.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
In regards to Brown vs White...Brown has the higher upside but lower floor. Much more of a boom/bust prospect than White who looks like he can step into an NHL lineup right now.

As far as Harpur, he's looked pretty good in his time in the NHL and seems to be a favourite of the coaching staff. He's stuck in a bit of a logjam at the moment though, especially on the left side, so could start the year in the AHL (will likely depend entirely on how what Chabot shows in camp). He could step in to a bottom pairing role and not look out of place, but I think there's upside for even more. Guy could be a rock solid #4 for a lot of years.

Regardless, if Colorado/Sakic are still sticking to the plan of only moving Duchene for a top-four defenceman/blue chip defence prospect the Senators are out of the running. Cody Ceci is too important to this team (especially with Methot gone and Karlsson out to start the year) and Chabot is obviously a non-starter at this point.
Agreed ,we tried to make a solid push for Duchene by offering the same and maybe a bit more than what we paid for Brassard and were turned down .We have been out of the running since that day :nod:

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Agreed ,we tried to make a solid push for Duchene by offering the same and maybe a bit more than what we paid for Brassard and were turned down .We have been out of the running since that day :nod:

Ottawa offered a Mika Zibanejad caliber player for Matt Duchene?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Ottawa offered a Mika Zibanejad caliber player for Matt Duchene?
The opening offer for Duchene was likely the same as it was for Brassard,we wanted a LHC option in our top 6 .

There were two available Brass and Duchene.

lilfedor

Feb 16, 2016
Cleveland, OH
I would have to think Murray + Anderson + pick is enough to get it done..

Good! Grand! Fantastic.

Add a second and put a bow on it.

Or a first with some salary retained.

Put CBJ fans out of their misery with this anderson debacle and give us a Center to make us feel like we are a true contender.

Avs get a top 4 D. A forward who will break into a top 6 role either this or next, and an opportunity to draft a player who will bring your team back to salvation.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'd take that as an Avs fan.

Are you also going to Tanya-Harding Carey Price so that one of those picks is valuable enough for the trade to have been worth it?

I would have to think Murray + Anderson + pick is enough to get it done..

Meh. I'm down with the rumored Murray, Bjorkstrand & 1st offer, even if Sakic wasn't, but Anderson doesn't do it for me. Would rather gamble on Abramov or maybe even Stenlund if PLD & Bjork are off the table.

The gap between Duchene and Zibby isnt and wasnt Chabot .Think Zibby and a 2nd for Brassard ,or Zibby and a 1st for Duchene

Cool; but that didn't stop Sakic from passing on Zibby+Chabot last summer, when it was offered to him.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Good! Grand! Fantastic.

Put CBJ fans out of their misery with this anderson debacle and give us a Center to make us feel like we are a true contender.

Avs get a top 4 D. A forward who will break into a top 6 role either this or next, and an opportunity to draft a player who will bring your team back to salvation.
:laugh:You guys already have a great team without Duchene

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
The opening offer for Duchene was likely the same as it was for Brassard,we wanted a LHC option in our top 6 .

There were two available Brass and Duchene.

The rumor that is going around on here for over a year now is that the Avs and Sens had a deal which sent Duchene to Ottawa in exchange for Zibby + Chabot.

Roy was the one doing the negotiations (makes sense given that Chabot is a Q guy and Roy loved these) and had a deal in place.

Sakic nixed it at the last second. Which was one of the things that lead to Roy quitting that late in the offseason.

Good! Grand! Fantastic.

With a First it sounds good. Only problem is that the Avs are not exactly the team that likes to cave to RFAs...

So if Jarmo can't come to a deal, I am not sure that Sakic would be any better. In fact I really doubt it.

So that would complicate things a lot.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Good! Grand! Fantastic.

Im starting to believe columbus organization has no interest in Duchene and even dislike him

He fit better in Ottawa anyway. Too bad because Murray would be a great target for Colorado.

Maybe the three can figure something out.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The rumor that is going around on here for over a year now is that the Avs and Sens had a deal which sent Duchene to Ottawa in exchange for Zibby + Chabot.

Roy was the one doing the negotiations (makes sense given that Chabot is a Q guy and Roy loved these) and had a deal in place.

Sakic nixed it at the last second. Which was one of the things that lead to Roy quitting that late in the offseason.

With a First it sounds good. Only problem is that the Avs are not exactly the team that likes to cave to RFAs...

So if Jarmo can't come to a deal, I am not sure that Sakic would be any better. In fact I really doubt it.

So that would complicate things a lot.
Ottawa has never mentioned Chabot in any deal period.The deal from our side was always centered around Zibby and a pick or maybe picks ,which in hindsight would have been a very solid offer for the AVS to take .

Chabot has only been ever mentioned by AVS fans and your GM trying to drive up price .We were told how much a massive idiot our GM was being, by your fanbase for not caving......But in the end I think we can see whom was being far too unrealistic :nod:

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Does a base of Murray and Anderson do anything for the Avs?

At this point if i was Sakic i'd take it and run.

D right now:

Zadorov - Johnson
X - Barrie

Murray slides nicely there as a leftie.

Anderson is the type of player who the Avs do not have. He makes them harder to play against and has enough offense to jump around anywhere in the top 9.

And most importantly both are guys who the Avs will have a chance to lock up and are yet to hit their primes.

It's more about is Jarmo willing to give up those guys for potentially only 2 years of Duchene. I have a feeling he's not.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Ottawa has never mentioned Chabot in any deal period.The deal from our side was always centered around Zibby and a pick or maybe picks ,which in hindsight would have been a very solid offer for the AVS to take .

Chabot has only been ever mentioned by AVS fans and your GM trying to drive up price .We were told how much a massive idiot our GM was being, by your fanbase for not caving......But in the end I think we can see whom was being far too unrealistic :nod:

Zibby+Chabot isn't some proposal Avs fans pulled out of thin air or Sakic's ask. That was an agreed to (by Ottawa management) trade that Sakic nixed last summer, which spilled out during the Roykic fallout.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

The Chabot thing came out AFTER Zibanejad went to NYR and before Chabot had his breakout junior year this year. Had nothing to do with driving up price since it was about a deal in the past tense that could no longer be completed.

Also it has nothing to do with "Ottawa mentioning Chabot in any deal". This information was brought to our attention by close relations to Patrick Roy's party after he was no longer with the Avalanche.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The Chabot thing came out AFTER Zibanejad went to NYR and before Chabot had his breakout junior year this year. Had nothing to do with driving up price since it was about a deal in the past tense that could no longer be completed.

Also it has nothing to do with "Ottawa mentioning Chabot in any deal". This information was brought to our attention by close relations to Patrick Roy's party after he was no longer with the Avalanche.
Again Roy could say anything he wanted to .But it still doesnt make it true .Maybe Roy said this to make Sakic look the fool on his way out ??But us adding Chabot to Zibby never happened:nod:

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Again Roy could say anything he wanted to .But it still doesnt make it true .Maybe Roy said this to make Sakic look the fool on his way out ??But us adding Chabot to Zibby never happened:nod:

It certainly did. But you are free to believe what you want.

Would trade Ottawa Chabot right now for Duchene?

Hell no. He had an amazing season afterall.

Would they have traded him 12 months ago?

You can bet on it.

Why do you think Sakic keeps asking for a moon?

He knows he screwed up back then and tries to make up for it now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad