Matt Duchene is on pace for less than 50 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Just another Olympian that Giroux is better than.

Honestly, he will bounce back to where he was. He is too talented not to.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Team has big problems, but honestly he was being overrated last autumn with him being inducted to Team Canada before Giroux. Would anyone here choose Duchene and Tavares before Giroux? I wouldn't.

Would I have taken him over Giroux in the Olympics? No. But that's such a ridiculous team it really doesn't matter.

He's not overrated IMO. He's a very good but not elite first line forward. At least for now. Could get better.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Not really more money. Avalanche offered less money per year, but more years, so more money overall, but less per season.

And he had offers of more money and more term in other cities, but chose St. Louis. Doesn't seem like it was all about money.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
I remember arguing with an Avs fan who told me Duchene was going to outscore Kessel this year..

Wonder how that's working out for him.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Pretty funny to see Iginla and Tanguay leading the team in points. These guys in their prime were the entirety of Calgary's offense, had very little in the way of support, and ended up accomplishing very little team-wise. They're in the twilight of their careers, reunited in Colorado, thinking "we just have to support Duchene, Landeskog, ROR, MacKinnon, etc." and instead they end up being the go to guys.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Pretty funny to see Iginla and Tanguay leading the team in points. These guys in their prime were the entirety of Calgary's offense, had very little in the way of support, and ended up accomplishing very little team-wise. They're in the twilight of their careers, reunited in Colorado, thinking "we just have to support Duchene, Landeskog, ROR, MacKinnon, etc." and instead they end up being the go to guys.

I think by the end of the year the young guys will pass them in points. Or atleast I hope. It'd be bad if the older out of prime guys are showing up these young guys. I bet Iginla teases them.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Dead puck era is back and with a vengeance. Unless you a big physical skilled guy or surrounded by the same, you will have a hard time scoring with all of the interference and obstruction and physicality. Plus, bloated goalies that look like balloons. NHL is a mess right now.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Avs have fallen back to reality. So have their fans. All is right in the hockey world.

Ah, a Leafs fan. I hope you enjoy the reality your Leafs have been living in for the past decade.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007

Sadly, they're not even the go to guys. They're producing from the supporting roles at a high rate while the top line guys aren't.

Tanguay and Iginla's biggest success have come on the 2nd and 3rd lines. When on the 1st they haven't been as effective with Duchy, ROR, Landy and MacK.

We lost a lot of balance when Stastny left the team. Now that Mitchell is back there's at least a little bit and Roy is rolling 3 lines again. It's no surprise we're doing better.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
So is his points struggle this season the reason he went all Lucic tonight with the spear on Kane on his empty net goal?

B56o5uDIgAASnQQ.jpg

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Well when it was followed up by Duchene running him into the boards and then Landeskog trying to get at Kane too, why should I not think it was intentional?
Because he pretty clearly went for a stick lift and missed. It's not like he has a past doing stuff like this. Kane shoved Duchene in the face, that's why Landy stepped in. You really call that "running" Kane into the boards by Duchene? Yikes.

Showing a freeze frame instead of the actual play helps your case though.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
The puck was gone when he speared Kane on the freeze frame.

But here's the gif you requested.

FirstOrnateFox.gif

Which also shows the puck was gone when Duchene speared Kane.

Upon rewatch, Duchene didn't run Kane into the boards, and instead shoved him into them after Kane responded to the spear, so fair enough on that point. But that still doesn't explain why Landeskog charged Kane.

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
The puck was gone when he speared Kane on the freeze frame.

But here's the gif you requested.

FirstOrnateFox.gif

Which also shows the puck was gone when Duchene speared Kane.

Upon rewatch, Duchene didn't run Kane into the boards, and instead shoved him into them after Kane responded to the spear, so fair enough on that point. But that still doesn't explain why Landeskog charged Kane.

how dare duchene try to get his stick in a spot to disrupt a shot... guy is scum... deserves at least 10 season suspension...

Also how dare landeskog stick up for his star teammate guy after kane was getting in his face. Obviously Landeskog is a terrible leader by choosing not to just use his words. Maybe his english isn't good enough since he played for Sweden in the olympics

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
He wasn't trying to disrupt a shot. :laugh:

tumblr_nha0mfioQ21rs8jbdo3_500.gif

Here's another angle showing even more clearly that it wasn't a stick lift attempt gone wrong. It was a frustration spear. Perhaps the frustration going all the way back to when Seabrook picked his pocket on his breakaway attempt back when the game was close.

I'm not saying this is the worst offense of all time or anything, but just totally not something I would have expected from Duchene or the Avs to act in the final seconds of a loss based on my perception of them previously.

NormMac

Nov 23, 2011
Calgary
He wasn't trying to disrupt a shot. :laugh:

tumblr_nha0mfioQ21rs8jbdo3_500.gif

Here's another angle showing even more clearly that it wasn't a stick lift attempt gone wrong. It was a frustration spear. Perhaps the frustration going all the way back to when Seabrook picked his pocket on his breakaway attempt back when the game was close.

I'm not saying this is the worst offense of all time or anything, but just totally not something I would have expected from Duchene or the Avs to act in the final seconds of a loss based on my perception of them previously.

Are you crazy ? That's obviously a missed stick lift, calm down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad