Matt Duchene is on pace for less than 50 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

seancolorado

Oct 8, 2011
The entire Avs team has disappointed. I'm honestly not worried. I really and genuinely think it's a down year. I'm not making excuses, but I'm just saying in Duchene's case this is not a long-term problem.

I will give exceptions to Erik Johnson and Calvin Pickard. Without them goodness knows how many more games we would have lost. They have been studs all season long.

Smart Dunsparce*

But...but..bt....but he played in the Olympics....

Severely overrated player.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
anyone know of a website that shows how many points a player is on pace for?

tsn used to be a good source but I don't think they list point projections anymore.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
anyone know of a website that shows how many points a player is on pace for?

tsn used to be a good source but I don't think they list point projections anymore.

It's pretty simple math.

Total points/games played x82. That will give you the points a player will accumulate if he maintains this level of production for an 82 game season.

Example of Matt Duchene:

20 points/33 games played=.6061

.6061x82=49.697 Hence the title of the thread.

EDIT to add: I think it's a bit silly to panic about point projections at the 30 game mark when the player in question has multiple, highly productive seasons to prove his ability.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
It looks to me like Duchene, Landeskog, MacK and whoever else were regular line mates with Stastny last season were feeding off him, just as much as he was them. All parts not playing well, although Stastny has started to pick it up the last several games. There for awhile, he was getting all his points from empty netters lol.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
It looks to me like Duchene, Landeskog, MacK and whoever else were regular line mates with Stastny last season were feeding off him, just as much as he was them. All parts not playing well, although Stastny has started to pick it up the last several games. There for awhile, he was getting all his points from empty netters lol.

Duchene never played with Stas but I do have to agree that Lando and Mack miss him a bit.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
He's playing like he has in the past when he doesn't play with confidence, having a hard time figuring out when he should challenge defenders and when he should pass/shoot.

It's possible the change to a shorter stick is hurting him, his passing has been off. Also, he might be playing through some injury. He's missed a practice here and there.

He'll probably get going. He's had stretches like this in the past and he's not the only Avs forward struggling a bit. Most of the top six forwards are. Now that Mitchell is back, perhaps Duchene will to play in a more offensive role.

budaj guy

Mar 7, 2012
Northern Alberta
Every Colorado player has underperformed this season. I find this rather amazing.

players who have not underperformed:

EJ
Tangs
Picks
Redmond
Barrie (offensively anyway, still shaky in the D zone)

the biggest problem with Dutchy's lack of point production has been team mates who literally have no clue how to finish a nice pass. there have been so many plays that could have been goals, that just died from a lack of finish. he's been scoring goals at pretty much his regular rate. one thing he needs to do is to remember to keep things a little more simple, not every play has to be a highlight reel play. i continue to believe (hope??) that he'll eventually get back to his play from last year, but it'll take better performances by the whole team to make that a reality

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
I don't like the avalanche but I expect him to finish on a 60 point pace.

I think Statsny should have been offered to stay with a fair contract. I really think it is affecting the team losing imo a core piece.

JS91

May 14, 2014
He is a legit PPG player on any solid winning team. The Avs are just generally struggling with their offense and it shows when you take a look at any of their forwards.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
But he's better than Johansen right? :sarcasm:
No idea why you brought up another player in this thread but yeah, he is.

EJ/Barrie/Redmond can easily get them the puck. Duchene's play has been nobody's fault but his own.

They're certainly capable of getting him the puck but they haven't been doing it. Players like Duchene, Mackinnon and O'Reilly need to be much much better but the lack of passing from the back end hasn't been helping. Barrie hasn't hit a player in stride in about two weeks.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I don't like the avalanche but I expect him to finish on a 60 point pace.

I think Statsny should have been offered to stay with a fair contract. I really think it is affecting the team losing imo a core piece.
Stastny was offered a fair contract, he just chose to leave and as a UFA, that's his option. He got offered more money in St. Louis.

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
Avs have fallen back to reality. So have their fans. All is right in the hockey world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad