Matt Duchene is on pace for less than 50 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
If you haven't noticed, the entire team is roughly on the exact same pace.

sanitysrequiem

Nov 14, 2009
If you haven't noticed, the entire team is roughly on the exact same pace.

Yes but Duchene is a better player than the rest of the team. Landeskog isn't much lower than his usual 60 point pace, but Duchene was supposed to make that jump to a consistent point-per-game player, after a really strong season last year.

There's no way he should be at a 50 point pace. From what I gather he has been a bit unlucky and should be producing more. But that seems to be the same old story with Duchene - eternally snakebitten.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
He, like the rest of the team, has bee pretty much atrocious all around since the season started. He looked a little better than the rest early on and then sank to their level in short order. It's bad enough that some of us are wondering if he's playing hurt.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
He's a very good player and he'll get more than 50 pts. I would bet on it.

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
MacKinnon has been trash this season as well. The whole team has struggled from the games I've watched.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
It's not like the percentages are working against him, he's shooting just under his career average; at least MacKinnon has the excuse of having the S% of a defenseman thus far.

nwaZ*

Team has big problems, but honestly he was being overrated last autumn with him being inducted to Team Canada before Giroux. Would anyone here choose Duchene and Tavares before Giroux? I wouldn't.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Team has big problems, but honestly he was being overrated last autumn with him being inducted to Team Canada before Giroux. Would anyone here choose Duchene and Tavares before Giroux? I wouldn't.
He was a PPG or very close to it each of the last two seasons. He wasn't being overrated.

The Avs are a mess offensively right now and everyone is suffering.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
He was brilliant at the start of the season, but has been awful of late. Unfortunately, a big problem with Duchene seems to be in his head. It has happened before. He starts to struggle, he starts to overthink, he puts way too much blame on himself, and he becomes completely ineffectual. Hopefully he can eventually overcome it, but I wouldn't be surprised if he always struggles with it. It's legitimately a massive problem with him, and something he's discussed before.

That being said, all of the Avs supposed young stars have been pretty awful. It's ironic, at the beginning of the season I'd have told you it'd have been the Avs goaltending, defense, and older players/lack of depth that would have killed them...It's funny, if Duchene, ROR and MacKinnon were even playing at the level they were at last season, the Avs would be in a playoff position right now. The three point leaders on this team are Tanguay, Iginla, and Barrie. It's both encouraging and incredibly worrisome that the players who are supposed to be the Avs best are the main reason for their struggles.

Here we go Boys

Feb 6, 2014
It's normal for a player after a breakout year to have a slump the following year what's unfortunate about that fact is that every key player for the Avs had a career year last year and everyone but Erik Johnson has dropped in productivity.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Colorado fans, can you comment on what Roy is doing coaching-wise?

Any adjustments different from how he approached things last season?
Using personnel differently?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Duchene is scary to play against. He is that good. Relax, he'll get his act together.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Duchene switched to a mini stick in the offseason. Could be having an impact. He needs one of those rolling platforms with wheels that you slide around on, then he and his mini stick will dominate.

darkbrew*

Hes always been super overrated. Tons of tools, no toolbox. Like a forward letang, but worse.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
But he's better than Johansen right? :sarcasm:

Ummm Yes?

The Avs in general are struggling Mightily right now. Duchene is on pace for less then 50 points, and he's still 3rd in team scoring.

He and the rest of the top 6 will figure it out at some point. Dutchy has basically been a PPG player the last 2 seasons. Untill Johansen does that(Or Duchene struggles for more then 30 games) he's not a better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad