Matt Duchene appreciation thread.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
I have played with the off the shelf Sakic curve...I tend to shoot high with it, and my backhand suffers. I prefer closed face, slight mid/heel curve, with a steep lie. Zetterberg (which used to be Forsberg) from Easton.

I use that one too, it's great for passing but I find it harder to get a vertical shot with it. I'm thinking about switching to a more angled toe, I'd really like to try Kovalchuk's curve but I'm worried it'll be too crazy to get a good handle on

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I use that one too, it's great for passing but I find it harder to get a vertical shot with it. I'm thinking about switching to a more angled toe, I'd really like to try Kovalchuk's curve but I'm worried it'll be too crazy to get a good handle on

For ice all I use is a toe. Easton E28 that things got a big ass toe. For ball hockey I use a Bauer something cant remember its all black with Backstrom curve. No need for a giant hook in ball hockey.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
I have no issues hooking a forehand to the sky with any curve. Backhand not so much, which is why I prefer a closed face...easier to lift a backhand, especially a pass (less likely to knuckle it for me). Shallow curve (.375") works better for me with any passing. And with my shooting accuracy, the benefit of disguising my shot with a big curve is pointless...if I don't know where it is going, then how can the goalie. Might be more important if I used my slap shot more, but I stick to one-timers, wristers, and most often, garbage goals :).

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
That was one I was really sad about missing out on...

As much as people hate Neal, the guy can score, and hes a total **** to play against. No one likes Perry accept for Ducks fans, it's pretty much the same thing for Neal lol.

I like Perry. He can be dirty, but he's fun and mostly walks the edge playing as an agitator, a la Roussel; Neal is just a goal scorer who leaps into balls-ass-crazy territory from time to time.

Still would've welcomed Neal at a good price; but he and Perry are pretty different.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad