Matt Cooke spears Shea Weber then cross-checks him in the face

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
LIRL awesome. I like how Wilson just ships Cooke over to Weber to so he can receive an asskicking. **** yeah Weber, beat the **** out of Cooke!

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Watch that video again, it clearly was not intentional. It catches weber's stick, after Weber goes to shove him first.

I don't really feel bad for him though...especially after seeing him slam Zetterbergs head into the boards during the playoffs.

But, I always do like seeing Matt Cooke get his ass kicked

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Such a dungball. Still can't believe they didn't lifetime ban him for purposefully slicing Karlsson.

I know everyone's going to think I'm bringing up this thread just because of that but I'm not, and I agree with you. It's just a matter of time before he ends someone's career and calls it a mistake.

seancolorado

Oct 8, 2011
Yes, Wild announcers, Cooke's stick just "caught Weber's in the face." At least the Minny fans on HW weren't trying to downplay it. Oh, wait...

Cooke is a complete, classless joke and doesn't belong in the NHL. Sickens me to see a player like him with so little skill goon his way from team to team

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Throwback to when the Pittsburgh media nominated him for the Masterton becaus he didn't get suspended that season

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Watch that video again, it clearly was not intentional. It catches weber's stick, after Weber goes to shove him first.

I don't really feel bad for him though...especially after seeing him slam Zetterbergs head into the boards during the playoffs.

That spear that sparked Weber to go over to Cooke sure was intentional though. Also, I highly doubt that high stick to webers face wasnt intentional.

sayheykid

Jun 12, 2010
What's saddest is the title and subject of this thread could have been "Matt Cooke breathes air" and it wouldn't have sounded any more routine.

JCLiponfanboy*

Are you defending Matt Cooke?

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH

I think we see the spear at 1:12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad