Confirmed with Link: Matt Cooke (Released from Wild)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild33

Mar 27, 2009
Cooke will still pot you 15 goals which is 5 less than Seto will get you and Cooks fills a need on this team. We needed another PKer (Cooke is one of the best) and Heatley can bump up to 2nd line. This team needed some bite anyway.

Also, Vanek 2014 is just looking better and better.

Sneaky Priest

See you Nov. 2
Sep 20, 2011
Lino Lakes
I trust Fletcher, I almost trust him as much as I trust my God. Fletcher and Yeo have both had a long history with Cooke. They would know if he's cleaned up his act or not. I like the fact that Fletcher isn't willing to let what happened 10 years ago between Cooke and the Wild come between him and putting the best team on the ice that he can.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I'm going to have to try very hard to reserve judgment until I see how he plays for us...

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011
So, I guess the questions that need answering are: is Cooke better than clutterbuck and are nino/other prospects better than seto and Cullen...

mnwildgophers

Mar 5, 2010
MN
So essentially....

Out:
Clutterbuck
3rd Round Pick 2013 (#70)
Setoguchi
Falk
Gilbert
Cullen

In:
Niederreiter
2nd Round Pick 2014
Cooke
Ballard

Going to be interesting to see how the lineup shakes out. We are betting a lot on that 2nd line.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Honestly, I like this signing.

Now if only we could figure out a way to get Mitchell to the 3rd line with Cooke and Brodziak, and I think our 3rd line would be a top-5 set.

Sneaky Priest

See you Nov. 2
Sep 20, 2011
Lino Lakes
GMCF has to be one of the ballsiest general managers in the league. Trades fan favorites Clutterbuck and Burns, picks up arguably most hated NHLer Cookie Monster.

Casper

30 goal grinder
Mar 23, 2010
MN
well at least GMCF still has big cojones... He had to know the reaction wouldn't be good at all.

Teddy10Beers

Dec 31, 2011
Minnesota
Cookie's problem is that is rep is so bad that it can create a lot of negative bias against him with the refs. Case in point was his hit on McQuaid in the playoffs. I didn't think it was that bad of a hit; at worst a 2 minute minor. Instead he gets rung up for a major and a game misconduct. League did not suspend him for that hit. If it really was worthy of a major and given his history then a suspension should have been handed out.

Anytime Cookie makes a big hit he's susceptible for getting lit up by the refs regardless of whether the hit was clean or not.

TFreeman451

Feb 24, 2013
Arkansas
Initial reaction: WTF?!

I'm actually liking this signing. This is the type of guy we need on this team, the only thing I don't like at the moment is the 3 years, wish it was 2.

Kari Takko

Jun 6, 2010
North Metro, MN
This is funny...

To those of you who say you won't cheer for him... When he scores a short-handed goal to put us ahead, you will cheer for him.

A year ago, the entire fanbases of NJ and Nashville hated us for our free agent acquisitions. This year, we hate us for our free agent acquisitions. :laugh:

Sneaky Priest

See you Nov. 2
Sep 20, 2011
Lino Lakes
This is funny...

To those of you who say you won't cheer for him... When he scores a short-handed goal to put us ahead, you will cheer for him.

A year ago, the entire fanbases of NJ and Nashville hated us for our free agent acquisitions. This year, we hate us for our free agent acquisitions. :laugh:

Oh the life of a Minnesota Wild fan, hated by many, even ourselves....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad