Confirmed with Link: Matt Cooke (Released from Wild)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PariseSuterKoivu

Jul 9, 2012
Don't like him personally, but there's no denying he's a force on the ice. We needed his grit and tenacity and hopefully that will rub off on the youngsters in a good way. This team needed some nastiness, was way too nice, but maybe Cooke is a little overboard on the nastiness scale. LOL. We'll see.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Wow. You guys should be loving this.

Cooke is a VERY good 3rd liner. He'll play hard, kill penalties, and chip in a handful of goals.

There's a history between Cooke and the Wild... and usually it had to do with some cheap hit/spear/cross-check etc that injured a Wild player.

So I think many of us can be excused for not being a fan of his.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
I've always considered him my least favorite player but he seems like a guy I'll like having on our team.

I really don't think a winger was their biggest need though.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
He is the type of guy you hate when he is on the other team, and love when he is on yours. We are lucky to get him IMO.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Al-bundy-ed-oneill-animated-gif-6.gif

OpRedDawn*

Glad to have him. Our team needs players like him. He hasn't been that dirty lately anyways right?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
He is the type of guy you hate when he is on the other team, and love when he is on yours. We are lucky to get him IMO.

People said that when we had Matt Johnson... I still hated Matt Johnson. I'll still hate Matt Cooke.

I respect that as a player, he brings something the team needs... in that aspect alone I will not get mad at Fletcher over this... but team need aside... I personally would not have wanted Cooke on the team. I'd personally look elsewhere.

J22*

Yes, if you condone your players dishing out cheap shots, then absolutely.

Lets be honest, with the way Bettman and Shanahan are running things,
teams are at a disadvantage if they dont have a guy like that on their roster. I still cant like this signing though.

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
Well, I may have spoke too soon about that 3 year deal handing out to 4th liners. Cooke is a little better than the 4th liners we've signed in the past, but I can't say I like the contract especially factoring in receiving minimal return for Setoguchi.

Would feel better about this signing if it was at the expense of Torrey Mitchell(for futures) and not Seto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad