Matt Carle

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think a limited NTC means Yzerman has a short list of teams where Carle cannot be traded to. SFY's free to trade him wherever, whenever he wants otherwise.

Correct but Carle said last week he was never asked to submit a list of teams he'd waive for.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Correct but Carle said last week he was never asked to submit a list of teams he'd waive for.

I remember reading that now. Maybe a GM has a upper hand when the trade is requested by the player himself ? The plan being to keep him off the ice for extended time until he gets tired to sit in the pressbox.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Our defense at the time was far worse than what Carle is even now. He was an improvement and one of the only options available. Prime example of why you don't build with UFAs.

Ahh the good old days... When our second best defenseman was Eric Brewer and our goaltending future was Tik and Janus. What a world that was.

The past sucks, btw.

JedYzerman

Jan 8, 2011
Cocoa Beach, FL
Well no one would claim him. Like there is literally 0% chance he gets claimed. Beyond that it depends on his NTC. He may have a clause added to prevent being sent down. If not then we could send him down and save 900k off his cap hit. But we'd then have to call someone up to replace him which would be ~700k so the actual savings are only a couple hundred thousand.

I thought if a player clears waivers, he can be reassigned to the minors, and the salary cap hit is cleared until the player is recalled.

and Carle could always do us a solid and fail to report to the Crunch.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I thought if a player clears waivers, he can be reassigned to the minors, and the salary cap hit is cleared until the player is recalled.

Old CBA bro, doesn't work like that anymore. Only save 925k when you send someone down who makes more.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

If he has a nmc then you can't waive carle. So idk if carle has one ? But he is in tonight maybe it's a Matt carle show case to a team tonight ?

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Ahh the good old days... When our second best defenseman was Eric Brewer and our goaltending future was Tik and Janus. What a world that was.

The past sucks, btw.

Holy ****, Jaroslav Janus.

b2kdb7.jpg

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Ohhhhh this is how it starts, Lightning strikes the heart

This is for you :) Matt Carle :5:

ALASKA2.jpg

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::yo::yo::yo::yo::yo::yo::yo::yo::):):):):handclap::handclap:

Good things to say only :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

image.jpg

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
So will Carle be on the team next year?

I know we're hurting for cap space, but I'd rather not use that as an excuse to keep the Carle. I'd rather give other (younger) players more ice time.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
So will Carle be on the team next year?

I know we're hurting for cap space, but I'd rather not use that as an excuse to keep the Carle. I'd rather give other (younger) players more ice time.

Carle will be here forever! Drouin and Stamkos want out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad